Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way is SideShow going to release this statue with a lean like that. They will be the ridicule of this hobby should that be the case.

And there will be a lot of returns, without a doubt. They've had a few of those events already ...so they would've learned their lesson by now. I truly expect this statue to be release without a sideward lean.

Its not a lean. Its a sidestep before charging forward for the attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if that may be so and is logical, I'm pretty sure most collectors don't care. They want the angle straight on no matter what.

This ordeal reminds me of the custom Sosa Wolverine that just came out not too long ago. He's walking forward and has a lean (by design) and got next to no love from what I could tell.

I guess they will be ridiculed then? Because the piece they had on SS Live had the lean lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Honestly, the reveal of this piece has been a mess from day 1.

First he was shown, everyone loved him. Then people discovered that Sideshow had used something to prop him up at an angle that the statue won't sit at and hid it with their lighting. Then people were pissed. Then Sideshow responded. Then they showed him on one of the live shows, and he was leaning and everyone was up in arms (I don't disagree, the lean looks awful). Then they came back and stated that wasn't supposed to be shown on the live show as it was an old prototype. Then just a few weeks ago, people discovered that his scale image on Sideshow's site was totally misrepresenting his size and showed him as being over 20" and more along the lines of a 1/3 Wolverine. Then Sideshow went in and fixed his scale image and people were up in arms because the size now reflected the true 15" height. Now, these photos surface.

Oy vey.

The lean is awful. Even if it was intended it doesn’t appear natural at all.

Honestly, the reveal of this piece has been a mess from day 1.

First he was shown, everyone loved him. Then people discovered that Sideshow had used something to prop him up at an angle that the statue won't sit at and hid it with their lighting. Then people were pissed. Then Sideshow responded. Then they showed him on one of the live shows, and he was leaning and everyone was up in arms (I don't disagree, the lean looks awful). Then they came back and stated that wasn't supposed to be shown on the live show as it was an old prototype. Then just a few weeks ago, people discovered that his scale image on Sideshow's site was totally misrepresenting his size and showed him as being over 20" and more along the lines of a 1/3 Wolverine. Then Sideshow went in and fixed his scale image and people were up in arms because the size now reflected the true 15" height. Now, these photos surface.

Oy vey.

Accurate description. Only missing from this are the sideburns / paint.

Also, I guess this PF Wolverine will be the same hight as my 1/5 iron man and cap from the AA line?

As of this moment Im leaning more to the canceling of this piece unfortunately.

The lean is awful. Even if it was intended it doesn’t appear natural at all.

I don't know if I agree with everyone's opinion on the lean, but it looks like the paint could've been much better. Hopefully it was exaggerated by over saturated photos.

I've just looked through a lot of my own collection of Sideshow, Iron Studios, Prime 1 etc statues, and when it comes down to it, plenty of them have so called design leans. Is it because Wolverine appears to be in motion that the lean is hated even more?

we don't like upright poses, we dont like captain morgan poses, we dont like hunched over poses. we dont like...blah blah blah blah blah....

I've read so many comments about Captain Morgan poses, and I've never recognised the 'actual' reference.

capmorg.jpg

I've just looked through a lot of my own collection of Sideshow, Iron Studios, Prime 1 etc statues, and when it comes down to it, plenty of them have so called design leans. Is it because Wolverine appears to be in motion that the lean is hated even more?

I think it's so much more pronounced because of the outstretched arms. If the piece actually releases like that I won't be getting one. If it is a design lean it would have made more sense to me to not have his arms straight out either side, it looks like a fault.

I was hoping to pick one up on the secondary market and repaint it but I'll keep waiting for a wolverine if that's how he comes.

As has been stated earlier the pics of the proto have something under the base to level the statue out. Very misleading IMO. Annoying as well that the paint is nowhere near that quality but nothing new there :dunno is a shame as this looked like the definitive wolverine

I guess they will be ridiculed then? Because the piece they had on SS Live had the lean lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SSC has already said this Wolverine PF should not be leaning. This was said the first time a leaning prototype was accidentally shown on SideShow Live. They said that prototype should not have been shown as the production piece will not have a lean.

This is the second time this Wolverine PF was shown with a lean on SideShow Live. And again SSC has said that was not a production piece. So if they release this Wolverine PF with a lean, then they are going to look foolish.

Back