Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS

2018-05-09_144410.jpg

I own the 3 Wolvie statues they've made and am quite happy with them. I think this will be fine too.

I'm still all in on this piece, even thought it still seems to have a lean. I mean are to believe then that that Kelvin guy was given a non-production piece, because his had the lean.

The SS vid in HD, vs the SD screen caps, does look very slightly better. But It's still not a good paint job.

You can tell they just paint washed the arms.....there's darker paint in the low spots of the sculpt. Very unnatural looking hair.

Not holding my breath on this one. :(

Where and when was this posted? Good to hear, but I have no doubts that this statue will blow us away once in hand. The only critiques center around the lean, which is obvious, and paint apps, which were expected, but frankly unrealistic as production could never match the professional application to the proto. The sculptural quality is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. The balance between figure and base, the hyper details of costume and base, the unbelievable details of bone, tendon, and muscle perfectly synchronized, the figure’s weight distribution conveying movement are sublime. And the Wolverine vibe is all there. Folks don’t despair, cause we are in for a treat.

The unmasked head looks solid.

It’s still frustrating though to have to always wonder how much different the final version is going to be from their original. I don’t think it’s really a great long term situation to have yourself in as a company where you get everyone excited with what you show them originally, only to have them feel a bit of disappointment in what they actually end up getting because it’s of a lower quality. “I wish they could give me what I saw first” isn’t really something you want your customers saying repeatedly.

They need to be more conscious of what their mass production is capable of when they’re initially creating. Or they need better mass production. What they don’t need though is to start charging more and still have things like this happen. If price goes up and quality doesn’t, that’s a problem.

You must be new at this.
Sideshow have been like this with premium formats for the last 15 years and your posts exists on various forums for the last 15yrs straight.
Yours, and the other classic - “They’re putting the price up but I think this means they’re getting serious about quality. They’re going to prove it with this next one!”

Where and when was this posted? Good to hear, but I have no doubts that this statue will blow us away once in hand. The only critiques center around the lean, which is obvious, and paint apps, which were expected, but frankly unrealistic as production could never match the professional application to the proto. The sculptural quality is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. The balance between figure and base, the hyper details of costume and base, the unbelievable details of bone, tendon, and muscle perfectly synchronized, the figure’s weight distribution conveying movement are sublime. And the Wolverine vibe is all there. Folks don’t despair, cause we are in for a treat.

Why couldn't production match the paint apps of the prototype? My Prime 1 Deathstroke looks like the prototype. So does my Frank Miller Batman. Lots of statues come out matching the prototype. Why are Sideshow's standards so low?

Why couldn't production match the paint apps of the prototype? My Prime 1 Deathstroke looks like the prototype. So does my Frank Miller Batman. Lots of statues come out matching the prototype. Why are Sideshow's standards so low?

I really don’t know. Maybe price points? Maybe SS high production runs? Maybe wrong factories? Maybe the smaller production runs of both Prime 1 and XM allow them to control product quality better? Maybe SS is too big to control it, or worse, don’t give a *****?

Now I have never had the pleasure of personally viewing an XM or Prime1 piece in person, but is it safe to say that the proto paints, especially for portraits, are as elaborately applied as this SS Wolverine? In other words, is this SS Wolverine proto portrait paint too high end for any company to realistically reproduce within a production run? If not, I’d love to see some pics of a high quality, detailed portrait depiction which was faithfully reproduced in production run. And to be fair, the examples should be of human form, with quasi realistic comic style.

I really don’t know. Maybe price points? Maybe SS high production runs? Maybe wrong factories? Maybe the smaller production runs of both Prime 1 and XM allow them to control product quality better? Maybe SS is too big to control it, or worse, don’t give a *****?

Now I have never had the pleasure of personally viewing an XM or Prime1 piece in person, but is it safe to say that the proto paints, especially for portraits, are as elaborately applied as this SS Wolverine? In other words, is this SS Wolverine proto portrait paint too high end for any company to realistically reproduce within a production run? If not, I’d love to see some pics of a high quality, detailed portrait depiction which was faithfully reproduced in production run. And to be fair, the examples should be of human form, with quasi realistic comic style.

It's gotten to the stage whereby Sideshow can't compete overall with the quality of Prime 1 and XM. Prime 1 pieces generally match their prototypes and XM I've read often improves on their prototypes.

Supposedly Prime 1 use the same factory to produce their prototypes as they do their production pieces.

Just look at some of the movie related pieces put out by Prime 1 and Iron Studios, where the actor likenesses are top notch, whereby Sideshow is pretty hit or miss....usually miss.

And for their comic pieces, even if the paint application is too elaborate to be reproduced, then that in my mind is false advertising. But imo I just believe that Sideshow just doesn't pay their factories enough to produce quality.

Back