Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the high edition size! Guarantees me a deal in the after market. Hope it's just as high for ww and mags.

Isn't that what Ive been saying for years? I see completed on eBay with 95% of sideshow statues going 50.00 to 300.00 off per statue now. Almost none of these starting SS prices ever hold up making good deals.

Isn't that what Ive been saying for years? I see completed on eBay with 95% of sideshow statues going 50.00 to 300.00 off per statue now. Almost none of these starting SS prices ever hold up making good deals.

I think bloated ESs like this one, that's a smart tactic, but it doesn't always work.

For me, I pick and choose my battles. If I don't love it, I'll go the eBay route and risk QC concerns. At least if I go through Sideshow, I have a way to return it easier.

You can always wait for the first Black Friday sales or free shipping, and if he's still around the year after that, it'll probably be both with a bigger discount :lol Depends on how long you want to wait for one

I ain't waitin' that long. PFFFFFTTTTT.

I'll need this in my collection ASAP. :lol

Lol I was thinking the same thing. You've got to really have some will to hold off until black friday for a maybe that'll have free shipping.

You can if you don't have room.... :lol

But to be honest, we don't need to have any of these "collectors items" at all, we just choose to, so we're really just choosing to buy these when we want, some choose right away, some choose later, some choose never.

I am reminded of another collector who used to stock up rewards and buy tons of statues, but one day unfortunately they had a heart attack or passed away for some other reason, just dumb blind luck, and everything went to waste, all the money and potential savings spent on this hobby could've gone to other things. Hopefully their family or friends could benefit from some of it but who knows, some people might not have that luxury, just unfortunate sometimes. We collect things because it makes us happy sometimes, but it's really by choice.

But to be honest, we don't need to have any of these "collectors items" at all, we just choose to, so we're really just choosing to buy these when we want, some choose right away, some choose later, some choose never.

I am reminded of another collector who used to stock up rewards and buy tons of statues, but one day unfortunately they had a heart attack or passed away for some other reason, just dumb blind luck, and everything went to waste, all the money and potential savings spent on this hobby could've gone to other things. Hopefully their family or friends could benefit from some of it but who knows, some people might not have that luxury, just unfortunate sometimes. We collect things because it makes us happy sometimes, but it's really by choice.

Very good Post!

I see your point. However I wouldn’t call it a waste. I would call it an investment. I’ve insured all my collection. If I’m gone the other half knows exactly how much each piece is potentially worth. I know of another collector who had grails in his collection he passed and his wife spoke highly of his collection and his passion for collecting.

Why I like your Post is.

The majority of collectors don’t put down the time to invest in what their doing. We don’t obviously live forever right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sad story about the collector. Life is precious and I think that's why I'm more open to buying what I want and not dwelling much (Within reason, of course. Some pieces should not be an impulse buy.)

I don't know how long I have on this earth. If there's a piece I want, I'll do my best to get it. Obviously, there's strategies and prioritization, etc., but hey, point is, buy what you want.

Considering how costly this hobby is, I am extremely picky when it comes to buying, so I only get things I love and not just kind of like. My collection isn't huge by any means, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality. I also know that these are worth money in the aftermarket, so I also make sure I keep all of the packaging including the shipping box, as to make sure to get the most if one day I or my wife needs to sell.

Considering how costly this hobby is, I am extremely picky when it comes to buying, so I only get things I love and not just kind of like. My collection isn't huge by any means, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality. I also know that these are worth money in the aftermarket, so I also make sure I keep all of the packaging including the shipping box, as to make sure to get the most if one day I or my wife needs to sell.

Quality>>>>Quantity.

I couldn't agree more.

Back