Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never understand this whole low ES talk. I couldn't care less, I buy a piece because I like it and want to display it. Also, considering just how many statues come out from the main players, smaller fringe companies and then customs, I don't know who can really keep up. So a low ES just makes it a pain in the ass to try and source one after it's sold out.

From my perspective, popular pieces from low ES companies like XM just inflate the price of a lot of pieces. For example, I would absolutely love to own both the Iron Man and Captain America Age of Ultron pieces from Iron Studious but they only made a few hundred and a large amount of collectors seemed to to have bought them out and flipped them for 30-50% (online store fronts more like 100% more) more than the MSRP so that really just means I'll never own either piece.

This guy gets it. If you want it to be unique due low es instead of being a great piece... Well IMO that is what hurts the spirit of collecting

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble Thor, Hulk, and Wasp, SSC Spider-Gwen, SSC Silk, SSC Baby Groot, SSC Thanos CE, XM-Studios Hulkbuster, XM-Studios Spider-Man, XM-Studios Doctor Octopus, RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man, IBD Onslaught, IBD Sentry

Only really matters to people who end up selling pieces, either to fund the next purchase or for other financial reasons.

I've never sold a piece, as I don't even know where to begin.

And being in Australia, the shipping costs would be costly, making selling a piece almost pointless. As I rather keep it boxed up rather than selling a piece at half the price.

Lol you guys are twisting this so much. The ES isn't the be all and end all... you're making it out that because I said I hope they don't do a huge ES that I only collect these for money..
Having a low ES is a bonus ...
So is price if it's low
So is a nice ex swap out
So is cheaper shipping
So is a company continuing a line of characters
All these things are an added bonus to a great piece.
A lot of people don't like high ES because it can potentially create Quality check issues too. I personally don't care why or how people collect. If you want to keep a piece in the factory box I don't care, if you want to buy 3 of the same statue idc, if you want to collect statues with a low ES/customs idgaf. Do what makes you happy. That's what I'm doing

Now I'll just have to wait and see if I get hit by Australia Custom fees and GST (which could also be dependent on the shipping carrier). Any Australian who has received a statue here recently know any thing about this?

I'm pretty sure they revisited that legislation before it went through and the $1000 threshold remains. I just got IS Vader through SS and was free and clear. Carrier was FedEx.

Lol you guys are twisting this so much. The ES isn't the be all and end all... you're making it out that because I said I hope they don't do a huge ES that I only collect these for money..
Having a low ES is a bonus ...
So is price if it's low
So is a nice ex swap out
So is cheaper shipping
So is a company continuing a line of characters
All these things are an added bonus to a great piece.
A lot of people don't like high ES because it can potentially create Quality check issues too. I personally don't care why or how people collect. If you want to keep a piece in the factory box I don't care, if you want to buy 3 of the same statue idc, if you want to collect statues with a low ES/customs idgaf. Do what makes you happy. That's what I'm doing

There is always cause and effect on everything. If you want low ES, then the price will be high and vice versa. SS is there to make money(that is their core business) and therefore they are maximizing number pieces they can reproduce while maintaining healthy market meaning everyone can get their hand on the piece without paying major markup price and yet still create interest on the old and new collectors - why do they want to give scalpers a major profits when they can have all of it? High ES does not mean reduce quality perfect example Green Phoenix. Producing small quality would be good for people who can get their hands on it or scalpers but frustrate many people who cannot get it on time, and on top of that, what do they gain out of all of making small ES? NOTHING. Moreover, once awhile they will produce small quality of pieces to create interest and fun for collectors. It's kind of rewards for collectors but yet not over doing it because again ROI for making small ES would not be good. It's just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure they revisited that legislation before it went through and the $1000 threshold remains. I just got IS Vader through SS and was free and clear. Carrier was FedEx.

You may be right.

Just looked online and it seems to have been delayed until 1st July 2018 (supposedly the law has been passed!). Which is when this piece will likely ship. So we'll see how they collect this GST? The carrier?

Even if this gets an ES of 10000 its still a lot less than 7B+ on this planet. Im happy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is always cause and effect on everything. If you want low ES, then the price will be high and vice versa. SS is there to make money(that is their core business) and therefore they are maximizing number pieces they can reproduce while maintaining healthy market meaning everyone can get their hand on the piece without paying major markup price and yet still create interest on the old and new collectors - why do they want to give scalpers a major profits when they can have all of it? High ES does not mean reduce quality perfect example Green Phoenix. Producing small quality would be good for people who can get their hands on it or scalpers but frustrate many people who cannot get it on time, and on top of that, what do they gain out of all of making small ES? NOTHING. Moreover, once awhile they will produce small quality of pieces to create interest and fun for collectors. It's kind of rewards for collectors but yet not over doing it because again ROI for making small ES would not be good. It's just my 2 cents.

If the statue quality isn't affected by the ES I'll be happy. I'm honestly looking forward to this. I PO'd Venom and carnage around July and knew a lot of people had issues with Venoms skin texture and I never PO'd them because I thought I was going to make money off them, I got them because I wanted them in my collection.
I'm actually glad that scalpers won't benefit from this piece.
But as you mentioned Sideshow will release a small ES to create fun and interest for collectors, there must be a reason why that creates "interest and fun".... that's just my 2 cents

Just ordered....really like the way this came out. Have not decided on other X-Men pieces yet.

PO today. This and OG PF are all I want in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS mention other X men character they are making?

They mentioned there will be more pieces is this "sentinel" line.. but i dont think they have said who.
I bet we get a cable and a cyclops

I have patience but this is really going to test it. October is a long long looooonnnngggg ways away. :lol

I've ordered this too. And I'm okay with Sideshows turnaround. Heck it seems a bit fast if anything.

Look at some of the recent Prime 1 pieces. Their release dates are as far away as May 2019. So probably even later with their standard delays!

Back