Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not denying that.

Just the cost. And I'm not just talking about $20.

Comparable good aftermarket custom heads are typically $200-$300. So if you really love the unmasked head (and this is a good one), and the additional cost of shipping, taxes and duties are less than $300 then it's probably a good value.

I'm going to go ahead and say there is no way that the production paint ends up looking like that unless SS has somehow upped their game immensely at a fraction of the cost of their competition. I don't think I've ever seen an actual statue from SS come out with details in the paint like that. The subtle chops coming out of the mask, the skin details, shoulder pads, arm hair etc appears to be far beyond any production piece I've seen from them, so color me skeptical. That said it looks absolutely fantastic and I truly hope it makes it close to the proto. Maybe they're employing automated pad printing / painting techniques like HT?

Gotta order that one.

So 12/14 is the day? Where did you see those pictures/get that info?

I think I'll be good with the ce

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble Thor, Hulk, and Wasp, SSC Spider-Gwen, SSC Silk, SSC Baby Groot, SSC Thanos CE, XM-Studios Hulkbuster, XM-Studios Spider-Man, XM-Studios Doctor Octopus, RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man, IBD Onslaught, IBD Sentry

Wow. This is actually unbelievable, hands down the best wolverine I've ever seen.
I'm actually surprised with the Magneto too, I hated it at first but he looks so good in these photos! Very happy and will be getting both exclusive 😊

I didn't see it in the description but I thought they mentioned during NYCC that the Sentinel hand was going to light up?

I'm definitely getting the EX for this! It will go nicely with my XM yellow Wolverine and SSC brown Wolverine.

I'm going to go ahead and say there is no way that the production paint ends up looking like that unless SS has somehow upped their game immensely at a fraction of the cost of their competition. I don't think I've ever seen an actual statue from SS come out with details in the paint like that. The subtle chops coming out of the mask, the skin details, shoulder pads, arm hair etc appears to be far beyond any production piece I've seen from them, so color me skeptical. That said it looks absolutely fantastic and I truly hope it makes it close to the proto. Maybe they're employing automated pad printing / painting techniques like HT?

As usual, if the production piece does not live up to expectation set by the prototype, then I'll return it. I'll definitely want to see it in-hand, tho ...and determine for myself if the production piece is up to par.

But for now I have to go with the premise that SSC can come close to the prototype.

I completely understand your argument, tho. There have been times when SSC have released a production piece that fell flat. I hope this is not one of those times.

No Edition size announced, I guess they will be announcing it at a later date depending on how many preorders they get.

He’s gonna go with my line up
6a7244fe9e0d8121485452c876fbcd15.jpg
might actually get that magneto too.

Damn that looks good. Sold off my XM Wolv... probably gonna get this

Back