New Wolverine 'kit'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed that the price ranges vary, but plenty of them sold for ~ $300 that are US sellers, complete with box that look pretty real to me.

Having looked for a while I think it's because if you part it out you can get easily $300 + so people do the math and bump the price up. There was one in Canada I watched go for around $300 I think but he had crappy pictures.

Occasional I guess someone somewhere might get a good deal but good deal's stopped happening on Ebay about 5 years ago!

Head - $50, Body - $80 , Claws - $60+, Jeans - $30+, Jacket - $60, Shirts - $20 , Boots - $30 , Belt - $25 , Stand - $15

Could probably even sell the Box! That's well over $300 bucks worth.

The same seller I got my original body from was selling the claws for $120 :cuckoo:

It doesn't help when HT are bumping the prices so far up on new figures either.

I was looking into buying one of these myself. You'd only have to add body and stand, is that correct?

And then today Hot Toys announces their XMen Last Stand Wolverine figure. ;)

And FWIW, this head here looks every bit as much like Hugh Jackman as the Hot Toys sculpt. IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy this kit all you need is a TTM19 body, right? So basically for under $200 you could have the figure pictured in the Ebay auction?

Aha, glad I asked. It looked more ripped than the TTM19. Thanks. But back to my last question, all I would need is the ACI body nothing else?

I'd rather have an X Force Wolverine, so I may just wait for Tony's new suit. But I do really like the look of this one on Ebay. Doesn't look like Hugh Jackman, but I'm fine with that.

In answer to your question: yes, from the contents of that kit, all you need is an ACI body to achieve that look. Probably works with a TT19, too.

Aha, glad I asked. It looked more ripped than the TTM19. Thanks. But back to my last question, all I would need is the ACI body nothing else?

I'd rather have an X Force Wolverine, so I may just wait for Tony's new suit. But I do really like the look of this one on Ebay. Doesn't look like Hugh Jackman, but I'm fine with that.

Id be curious to see the results if you get this. Please post photos if you do.

The definition in the muscles on the Andrew body seem to be a bit more toned/ripped and the muscles could possibly be bigger, not sure though. I don't think the Andrew body has and torso articulation from the looks of it.

So basically what are the differences between the TTM19 and the ACI Andrew body?

Personally, I like Andrew better because it packs more muscle, but, as Gibetto said, it doesn't have torso articulation. I have a custom Punisher on Andrew and I love it. Don't mind the lack of torso art. at all.

295730_10150353263559823_297119739822_8385844_300015376_n.jpg

There's also the "Bruce" body which is the same as Andrew, but has torso articulation.

However, for the time being, its only available as the Spartacus boxed set. You might be able to snag it off ebay or money depot once its out, but...

aci-12-spartacus-3.jpg

ACI hasn't confirmed that they'll be releasing it as a nude. Instead they announced a "new muscle" body, slightly less buffed than Andrew..

Thats not too bad. Is that the entire kit on a TTM 19 body? Or is that an original with a kit head?

How noticeable, if at all, is the difference in quality between the kit and the HT wolverine in hand? I mean, neither one looks like Jackman but what about the hands, blades, clothes?

How noticeable, if at all, is the difference in quality between the kit and the HT wolverine in hand? I mean, neither one looks like Jackman but what about the hands, blades, clothes?

Of course the quality btw HT wolverine and this one is difference, such as the paint app (the paint app actually quite good, just not HT standard), but since the price is much lower, I can accept that.
Anyway, when I look at him side by side with my HT wolverine in the glass cabinet, I prefer this one more, maybe because of his "angry" expression similar with these one in movie.
angry.jpg

x-men-origins-wolverine-image1.jpg

Do the head and hands fit the true type connectors straight out the box? Or do they need some "adaption"

Ah heck. In for a penny, in for a pound I say!

Grabbed a set and an ACI body, (got the one with abdominal articulation)

Looks like I've got three Customs/kitbashes on the go now! Wolverine, Thor & Tony Stark. Who knew?

Back