New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is Sideshow's response to my request for another head.

"Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. I compared your pictures to our display model and few other pieces, and I don’t believe I have a replacement for your Vampirella head. These items are all hand-crafted, and there will be slight variations on every figure if you look at it close enough. Please know that after looking at your pictures, I will not be able to provide you an exchange for the head with eyes that are in a significantly different position. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Please know if you are not happy with this item, you are able to return it for a full refund. Please let me know if this is how you would like to proceed.
If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you."

Nice of them to offer a full refund. I guess this ones going back. I'm not keeping a head with a face that looks like a Michael Berryman character. One other thing that really started to bother me about this statue (besides the way the costume fits) is the more I looked at it her pelvis/stomach area is molded weird and makes her look like she has a bunch of cellulite.....look at the pic..yuck! Ha ha. It's too bad they can't all look like Machiko Noguchi. IMG_0228.jpg

So here is Sideshow's response to my request for another head.

"Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. I compared your pictures to our display model and few other pieces, and I don’t believe I have a replacement for your Vampirella head. These items are all hand-crafted, and there will be slight variations on every figure if you look at it close enough. Please know that after looking at your pictures, I will not be able to provide you an exchange for the head with eyes that are in a significantly different position. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Please know if you are not happy with this item, you are able to return it for a full refund. Please let me know if this is how you would like to proceed.
If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you."

Nice of them to offer a full refund. I guess this ones going back. I'm not keeping a head with a face that looks like a Michael Berryman character. One other thing that really started to bother me about this statue (besides the way the costume fits) is the more I looked at it her pelvis/stomach area is molded weird and makes her look like she has a bunch of cellulite.....look at the pic..yuck! Ha ha. It's too bad they can't all look like Machiko Noguchi. View attachment 212553
"Polystone Toe" [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what your saying. The seams are definitely larger than on the others I have seen.

Now I'm sorry I posted anything. I "was" pretty happy with the statue. But I guess I need to be a pick things apart a little more for $400.00 a statue. Lesson learned I guess. This was the last statue I had on order anyway. May be time to find another hobby.

Thanks for the pics man, the best ones of her yet by far. As far as leaving the hobby goes, if you stick around you'll find this happens with almost every statue. Ive gone into threads all gung ho on a piece before only to see people tear it to shreds and mock any positive comments I had about it. Some statues warrent the negative stuff, others not in the least. Some comments are objective, others are overblown, others are venting at the companies. The worst ones try to psychoanalyze your reasons for liking it. All that matters is how YOU feel. Ive avoided certain threads for statues I was buying cuz I was sick of all the bashing. So dont let it get to you, and if you're happy with this one dont let anybody change your mind or make you feel bad about your purchase- been there. Hundreds of opinions out there, remember that the only one that matters is yours.

Wow really really well said and on that note I think im gona retire from this thread :)

Yeah yours looks pretty good. If that were my statue, the only thing that would worry me is the way her right arm fits into the socket there. Is that attachment correctly aligned and fully seated? There looks to be an air gap there.

The eyes look totally passable there too to me, especially when looking at it as a full piece.

Hello everyone,

I am very happy with my Vampirella. No major problems. Good luck to all the people that are still waiting for the Vampirella figure.

I hope that you will be lucky like me.

Attachments

• vampirella.jpg
    vampirella.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 160
Jeeez! The guy asked for opinions. I said the eyes were off... DEAL WITH IT! :lol

^lol, not directing anything at you man sorry if it sounded that way- just how comments in the threads seem to go in general. I'm sure you remember the mind readers in the Red Sonja thread explaining to us we only liked her because we were invested. The guy's new and seemed down in the dumps. Just saying you dont have to change your mind about a piece for anybody elses sake. I actually cancelled this one myself, overall it looks pretty nice but to me lost that special something in her face. Eyes being hit or miss doesnt help, and SS disregarding defects in their products by saying theyre all that way so its not damaged is muchos frustrating.

Alright Gentlemen I don't want any other opinions (LOL). I actually like the statue I received. So I won't be returning it or retiring from the hobby.
Thanks for all the constructive criticism and positive comments. I really don't think any of it was meant in a bad way. It was actually fun.

Hello everyone,

I am very happy with my Vampirella. No major problems. Good luck to all the people that are still waiting for the Vampirella figure.

I hope that you will be lucky like me.

This one looks pretty good!

^lol, not directing anything at you man sorry if it sounded that way- just how comments in the threads seem to go in general. I'm sure you remember the mind readers in the Red Sonja thread explaining to us we only liked her because we were invested. The guy's new and seemed down in the dumps. Just saying you dont have to change your mind about a piece for anybody elses sake. I actually cancelled this one myself, overall it looks pretty nice but to me lost that special something in her face. Eyes being hit or miss doesnt help, and SS disregarding defects in their products by saying theyre all that way so its not damaged is muchos frustrating.

Alright Gentlemen I don't want any other opinions (LOL). I actually like the statue I received. So I won't be returning it or retiring from the hobby.
Thanks for all the constructive criticism and positive comments. I really don't think any of it was meant in a bad way. It was actually fun.

:1-1:

Nice of them to offer a full refund. I guess this ones going back. I'm not keeping a head with a face that looks like a Michael Berryman character.
Good policy to have as a collector.

Mine is... I'm not keeping a Sideshow Collectible head with eyes like Marty Feldman.

tumblr_m55qx5fJ3D1qkabe5o1_400.jpg

Back