New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a huge difference between crappy pictures and clear pictures of deformed hands, poor casts and googly eyes.

A few with issues? Everything we've seen so far, albeit only a few, has issues.

There's a huge difference between crappy pictures and clear pictures of deformed hands, poor casts and googly eyes.

A few with issues? Everything we've seen so far, albeit only a few, has issues.

Right. But these first issues happened with batgirl as well. Again, look at her now.
People canceling early really only means better for those on waitlist.
Also. Only 2-3 posted compared to prob the 100s that SS shipped out last week.

Sweet, video shirtless guy opened a good one, theres hope for the rest of us now :)

Sweet, video shirtless guy opened a good one, theres hope for the rest of us now :)

How do you know its a good one? the video quality is utter ****.
The fact that he says its good doesn't mean it really is...some people don't care\notice the flaws.

Notice something else with my statue:

The collar has some flesh color in it. The armpit and legs has some rough area...but its mostly hidden so it's okay I think.

However, the edge of the red costume has some red flaking (near her boobs). It's a little hard to see on the picture because it looks like a reflection from the light.

You could literally pick apart every single statue if you wanted to. But I'm not a perfectionist.

Even the older grails has flaws and yet they're still rising in value.
I think people just gotta understand these are hand made and not digitally printed. If you guys want digital printed statues then go for XM. Sideshow is still hand sculpted.
Areas that are UNACCEPTABLE are things like googly eyes, paint smears, scratches on areas, chips, and just plain bad face sculpt in general

How do you know its a good one? the video quality is utter ****.
The fact that he says its good doesn't mean it really is...some people don't care\notice the flaws.
Because what I saw in the video looked good, albeit viewing from mobile device, it didn't look like other cellphone pix. A video takes away from bad still pix camera angles.

Ok so the bad first. The eyes are unacceptable! They almost look like decals to me and if that's the case how can you not put a sticker on straight? One is clearly larger and pointing the wrong way. I hope they will send me a new head cause I won't be able to deal with that. Also yes the right hand looks a little weird. It's molded kinda bad and the hand looks like an old woman's with long fingers. The paint and the mold bleed together on the bend in the right arm too. Honestly neither of those bother me that much. You have to get right up on it to notice it. If I'm going to be real nit picky her costume fits kinda funny on her butt. It's like the seem goes up her butt cheek instead of her butt crack. That might can be fixed with some messing around with the costume.
So the good. The base looks really good. You might be thinking what!? look at those eyes!! How are you talking about the base? Well that's been a huge issue with me lately and you can't fix a crappy made base. I thought the WW, Queen of the Dead and Batgirl bases all looked like cheap plastic mattel toy bases and not something a almost $500 statue should be sitting on. The bat looks cool and the statue overall with the few exceptions looks good. If I can get a head with good eyes I think she's a keeper. IMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPGIMG_0215.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0212.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

Eyes are more than likely decals. The use of them should eliminate any issue but obviously doesn't.

Her right eye looks great on yours, the left is all kinds of messed up.

So the legendary googly eyes strikes again on yet another Sideshow statue, I'm just glad that Death's Siren has no pupils so Sideshow cant screw up her eyes.

There's a site somewhere someone mentioned before where they sell many different kinds of eye decals, think it was in the red sonja thread, beacuse people were up set they were not green, id consider buying decals. Yes we shouldn't have to resort to this but if that's the only issue and I had a choice between keeping it or not id rather have the statue then not, IMO

$400 for a statue and collectors have to find and apply their own eye decals so she doesn't look googly eyed, and people wonder why Sideshow has so many haters.

vampicompare.jpg

Back