New to Hot Toys collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBlaze

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Thought I'd say hello and come ask you guys on here some questions.

I recently turned 30 and my gf bought me 1/6 Batman Dark Knight Rises DX12 as a bday gift. I'm not sure how he's gone down with you guys but being my first one I'm pretty happy with him. My questions to you guys are:-
1)Tips on how best to take care of him, eg don't keep him in direct sunlight etc.
2)Recommended display cabinets from UK based retailers (IKEA)
3) When I buy a display case, is it important to only use LED lights?

For my next figure I want Joker 2.0, I've pre ordered it at my local forbidden planet but they said they won't take a deposit they'll jus call when they get him in. Now I dunno if I trust that as they quickly scribbled my name and number on a scrap of paper. So I'm thinking of pre ordering it online, can someone recommend UK base website to pre order please. I've thought about forbiddenplanets website and model zone but just wanted some feedback first. Also what is the EX version of joker? What's his uk release date?

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone!

I recently turned 30 and my gf bought me 1/6 Batman Dark Knight Rises DX12 as a bday gift. I'm not sure how he's gone down with you guys but being my first one I'm pretty happy with him. My questions to you guys are:-
1)Tips on how best to take care of him, eg don't keep him in direct sunlight etc.

For my next figure I want Joker 2.0, I've pre ordered it at my local forbidden planet but they said they won't take a deposit they'll jus call when they get him in. Now I dunno if I trust that as they quickly scribbled my name and number on a scrap of paper. So I'm thinking of pre ordering it online, can someone recommend UK base website to pre order please. I've thought about forbiddenplanets website and model zone but just wanted some feedback first. Also what is the EX version of joker? What's his uk release date?

Thanks guys!

Oh god man welcome and good luck you've entered a slippery slope it starts with one batman and then fast forward 4 years later and you've got a hundred of these!

Anyways

1) yes keep em out of sunlight for rubber figures don't leave them in bent poses, try and dust sometimes , compressed air heled at a distance works, always wash your hands before handling. Use a hair dryer to heat up hands before swapping wrist pegs
2) most of us use the Ikea Detolf cases
3) I think it's better because tungsten lights can let off heat which will maybe melt and warp the figure.

For the record people hated DX 12 but aside from the "frownie biscuit" face plates i loved it. You have to get an lforigno custom cape though because the hot toys one sucks.

Hey Blaze. Welcome to this soul-sucking, wallet draining hobby! When it comes to displays, I do not know what is available in the UK, but the standard in the US is the IKEA Detolf glass display as it is 4 shelf glass cabinet that does allow for lights and is very reasonably priced. When lighting your figure, you are correct, only use LEDs.

The Joker DX 2.0 is a great next figure to consider! The Ex version comes with the detonator and I believe a Clown mask as well. I am pretty sure Sideshow ships overseas (although I do not know how terrible their shipping costs would be).
Good luck with this hobby and don't let it overtake you.

I've been with this hobby almost a year and it is very addicting but too cool to stop! Its great you got a woman that shares your interest! My wife tolerates my habit and collects Monster High herself.

Oh, and... :welcome

Thanks for all the tips guys! I think my gf is slightly regretting what she's started! My first figure is hot toys but I'm open to anything really! I was eyeing up a Dark Knight 1/4 figure,can't remember who it was by.

So what about joker 2.0, is the EX version only available on here? Or will there be a uk based exclusive store? Any news on a release date yet, lastly can anyone recommend a UK based website that's good for pre ordering?

Thanks again guys!

My advice.

Buy only what you love. That way, you'll never be disappointed.
Don't buy on credit.
Laugh at people who call these investments.
Remember, they're only toys. Real life is more important than "stuff".

Enjoy.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I think my gf is slightly regretting what she's started! My first figure is hot toys but I'm open to anything really! I was eyeing up a Dark Knight 1/4 figure,can't remember who it was by.

So what about joker 2.0, is the EX version only available on here? Or will there be a uk based exclusive store? Any news on a release date yet, lastly can anyone recommend a UK based website that's good for pre ordering?

Thanks again guys!

Dark Knight 1/4 figure is a "not released yet" HT figure.... with the honor of being HT's first quarter scale.

Enterbay has the 1/4 scale original Batman costume Action Figure

You can use Collectibles Direct in the uk, Modelzone also Forbidden Planet. Toy HQ or there's One Sixth Bruce.

I have tended to use Forbidden Planet in the past. Theres a couple of fellow members who have stores you can buy from too, i have the Joker pre-ordered with a member.

We get things pretty late here so expect the release dates to be way later than in the US, unless you order from over there or China.

The Joker is sold out in alot of places, i have mine pre-ordered with a member but if you don't mind waiting then Forbidden Planet has it up at a good price £189.99 here

The ex is an exclusive version with an exclusive item(s). Sideshow in America and Toy Hunters in Hong Kong get those exclusively so you'd have to order through them. They have a flat rate shipping to the uk now which i think is $25. You will incur import charges though and i don't know how much they are

As people have said ikea detolf for display cabinet it's £40

oh and welcome!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Thanks guys!

best advice is to run away now :)

Back