New to 1:6 Scale, General Questions and Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TanneRain

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently been getting into the 1:6 scale of years of casually collecting smaller figures in mostly Batman and Indiana Jones.

I am prepared for the wallet hit, but have some general questions regarding display, storage, etc. I recently ordered a Hot Toys Bane figure which should arrive any day. What's the best and also wallet friendly version to display figures? I'm not looking for large glass shelves at the moment. Just glass of faux glass. Also I know this willy vary from person to person. But do you personally recommend or advise sticking to one theme while building a collection, or branching out and mixing and matching various characters. I'm currently turn between my love for Indiana Jones and also getting Bane a companion whether that be Batman or the Joker. Thanks for any and all help, it is much appreciated.

I'm new to the scale, too. I recently ordered my first Hot Toys, a Man of Steel Superman, based on Henry Cavill's likeness.

About your question, I think that the answer wouldn't differ much than for smaller scales. You just need bigger shelves, IMO.

Of course, if you want to have the figures protected from dust, the best option is storing them in closed shelves with glass doors. The nicer the better! If I were you, while I'm waiting for Bane to arrive, I'd save up a little, and I'd buy the best shelves I could find.

It's always best to be prepared to display your figures properly, in a place where they can look good, and be protected from dust and direct sunlight.

Thanks for the tips. I just checked, and it looks like Bane will arrive tomorrow. So unless I get a raise tonight before my shift ends, not much time to save. Only problem right now is I'm in an apartment with not much room that doesn't look to be a home for much more than a year or two. Not enough room for any shelves, so I'm gonna look for some individual glass cases or enclosures for the first few figures I buy. And thanks for the sunlight reminder, almost forgot about that one.

After collecting huge lines my whole life I am starting to change my tune.

The prevailing manufacturers have no interest in developing large lines (except for Star Wars), so you will be most satisfied picking up small displays of 1, 2 or 3 characters per license. Then move on to the next license.

I recommend being picky and only buying things you really really like.

After collecting huge lines my whole life I am starting to change my tune.

The prevailing manufacturers have no interest in developing large lines (except for Star Wars), so you will be most satisfied picking up small displays of 1, 2 or 3 characters per license. Then move on to the next license.

I recommend being picky and only buying things you really really like.

I agree with this. Be picky. i bought everything that fancied me. Now I have to down size and that is hard.

Back