New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming by Icon Heroes!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming!!!

Well, apparently in some kind of "business" decision... this will retail indeed for $60.00 :cuckoo:
P!tu told me that apparently it has to do with the licnese being very expensive... and for some weird reason, they are Polystone!... :dunno

And they are pretty underwhelming scale-wise... I'm not sure they'll look good next to MOTU...
I don't have a pic of them together but if you're familiar with Minimates, here's a quick shot for scale... they are really small IMO

DSC05691.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, I was impressed by the sculpt, and Thunderclaw is awesome, I really want to like this line... but I'll wait to see more before I pull the trigger, and I do hope the price goes down a bit...

Anyway, a few shots from AFX booth:

DSC05694.jpg

Jackal-Man
DSC05695.jpg

Jaga WIP
DSC05696.jpg

Thunderclaw with Lion-O
I think this Lion-O looks a bit better!
DSC05697.jpg

Well...
I was still hoping that the regular editions would be cheaper than the crazy $60.00 price tag for the SDCC exclusive...
I guess not... $60.00

https://www.shopiconheroes.com/index.html

I guess I'm out... I can easily see the Thunderclaw costing over $150.00... and I just can't afford these...
I'm so bummed as I wanted a cool new Thundercats collection, but PCS is way too expensive, and so is Hard Hero if you want all of the characters like I do...

I'll wait to see what Bandai brings to the table... though I might be disappointed...
and I'll get at least Lion-O and Mumm-Ra from Hard Hero.

Judging by the unpainted sculpts, they've very detailed. Too bad they're so expensive and so small.

What the hell is going on in this picture :google

Looks like Lion O is "thunderclawing" something.

$60 for these tiny statues is insane. This line is destined to fail.

Yea, I just read the newsletter and seeing the first figure going for $60 I'm already leaning towards the "Who gives a f...?" camp.

I bought the SDCC exclusive, thinking $60 was just the normal mark up of it being exclusive, but for the entire line? How was it that Masters of the Universe, a franchise Mattel had literally buried in the ground and spat on the face of (at the time, and somewhat now) could keep theirs to $20?? At the most, I'll cherry pick at this line (the main hero cast and main villain), but definitely the thugs and extra season characters are gonna be skipped.

I didn't even buy the dvds after I heard they were the butchered versions of the episodes, so why would I support this over priced line?? :(

"Thundercats! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

What the hell is going on in this picture :google

Looks like Lion O is "thunderclawing" something.

$60 for these tiny statues is insane. This line is destined to fail.

:rotfl What a hilarious camera angle! I like the Thunderclaw though. Had a chance to see it at the con and it is awesome. As for the price it seems right along the same line as what I pay now for mini busts and other mini statues anyway. Actually I spend about $70-$80 on some of DC Direct's statues and they're maybe only an inch taller than my SDCC Lion-O. I didn't realize these were resin until I opened mine. I thought they were plastic all along so I couldn't understand why they were charging so much but after I got to open it and inspect it more it seems no different right next to my other statues.

$60 seems a bit much considering MOTU 200x statues were $20. What are they thinking. Really hope they go down atleast $20. Would want to get all the main characters!! If not guess im stuck buying only 3-4 i really like, Panthro, lion-o, mumra, tygra and bengali.:dunno

Last edited:

For 60 bucks they can go suck a Thunder Tank. Pshaw!

The paint job was terrible on that SDCC piece. How can they sell that tiny "statue" for $60? Anyone know the production run?

FWIW polystone is very expensive and those Thundercats probably cost the company close to $20 just with factory costs.

I believe NECA was able to price the MOTU stactions at $20 because they were plastic, but Bandai has total plastic rights so everyone else is forced to use polystone...which is expensive.

FWIW polystone is very expensive and those Thundercats probably cost the company close to $20 just with factory costs.

I believe NECA was able to price the MOTU stactions at $20 because they were plastic, but Bandai has total plastic rights so everyone else is forced to use polystone...which is expensive.

Thanks for the insight, but still a pass. My LJN and HH Thundercats can tide me over for now. The PCS stuff is cool though. :duff

Isn't Polystone a type of plastic too?... :dunno

Regardless, for the size these are, it's waaaay to much money...
I would pay $40.00 tops for these... such a pity... :monkey2

The search for the perfect ThunderCats collectibles continues...

Isn't Polystone a type of plastic too?... :dunno

Regardless, for the size these are, it's waaaay to much money...
I would pay $40.00 tops for these... such a pity... :monkey2

The search for the perfect ThunderCats collectibles continues...

No, polystone is basically porcelain powder mixed with polyester resin.

Yea, I just read the newsletter and seeing the first figure going for $60 I'm already leaning towards the "Who gives a f...?" camp.

I bought the SDCC exclusive, thinking $60 was just the normal mark up of it being exclusive, but for the entire line? How was it that Masters of the Universe, a franchise Mattel had literally buried in the ground and spat on the face of (at the time, and somewhat now) could keep theirs to $20?? At the most, I'll cherry pick at this line (the main hero cast and main villain), but definitely the thugs and extra season characters are gonna be skipped.

I didn't even buy the dvds after I heard they were the butchered versions of the episodes, so why would I support this over priced line?? :(

"Thundercats! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

What did they butcher in the DVD release? Just wondering as I'm renting them from Netflix right now and I haven't noticed any difference. :dunno

Of course I was about 10 years old when they originally aired so I probably wouldn't remember. :lol

What did they butcher in the DVD release? Just wondering as I'm renting them from Netflix right now and I haven't noticed any difference. :dunno

Of course I was about 10 years old when they originally aired so I probably wouldn't remember. :lol

I'd like to know too since i bought them

I couldn't find any review sites with the notes, but someone at a posting board listed down most of the problems here:

The shoddy quality of Warner's Thundercats DVD releases is pretty well-known, but to review the major points:

[*] Minimal retouching: video looks about VHS quality, sound isn't even stereo

[*] Exodus is the episodic TV version, not the "movie" version released on VHS; as such it's missing several sequences

[*] Broadcast order not corrected; Lion-O's Anointment is split up instead of all five episodes appearing one after another

[*] DVD sets are divided into two seasons even though the show is actually 4 seasons (season 1 is 65 episodes, then there's the Thundercats-Ho! TV movie split up into 5 episodes, and then 3 more seasons of 20 episodes each -- NOT 2 65-season episodes)

I couldn't find any review sites with the notes, but someone at a posting board listed down most of the problems here:

The shoddy quality of Warner's Thundercats DVD releases is pretty well-known, but to review the major points:

[*] Exodus is the episodic TV version, not the "movie" version released on VHS; as such it's missing several sequences

[*] Broadcast order not corrected; Lion-O's Anointment is split up instead of all five episodes appearing one after another

[*] DVD sets are divided into two seasons even though the show is actually 4 seasons (season 1 is 65 episodes, then there's the Thundercats-Ho! TV movie split up into 5 episodes, and then 3 more seasons of 20 episodes each -- NOT 2 65-season episodes)

Cool thanks for the info, i'll look into that!!

Yeah the transfer isn't great but good enough to enjoy, closer to the original Transformers Rhino or Time Life Real Ghostbusters releases...
Definitelty not as good as the Masters of the Universe series... but VHS quality? Most definitely not... :lol

Well, it's the TV show release... NOT the movie!! :dunno...
I think it should be released separately as it is different from the series...

One of the great things of a TV show DVD is that you can play the episodes in any order you want! ;)

Yeah, well... it's WB... as long as all of the episodes are there...
who cares if they call it 1 season?...:dunno

Honestly you can call the DVD release of low quality... but butchered seems a bit like a hyperbole IMO... :wave

Wow, who knew :dunno, :lol guess you did.

I guess I haven't noticed many of the bullet points you've listed but as I said it's been so long. The seasons thing did strike me as odd as I felt it ran for longer than 2 seasons or what have you.

The quality is decent, but with some of these releases we haven't seen any real care put into them.

Back