New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming by Icon Heroes!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So, this is a bit of bittersweet news...
seems like these will be mini-statues kind of like the MOTU Stactions from NECA... and apparently in 6 inch scale...

Now pics so far

https://www.iconheroes.com/

Thundercats Staction Figures and more are coming!

WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND ICON HEROES GO ON THE PROWL WITH LICENSING AGREEMENT FOR THUNDERCATS

BURBANK, Calif., – May 14, 2010 – Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) announced today a partnership with leading collectibles manufacturer, Icon Heroes, to create products inspired by the classic animated series, Thundercats. This all-new line features prominent characters and environments from the beloved 1980’s animated television hit.

Under the terms of the new agreement, Icon Heroes will manufacture 6-inch and under scale statues, vehicle replicas, environments and dioramas all inspired by Thundercats. The statues will be branded as “Staction Figures” (Static Action Figures) and will be non-articulated standing atop a highly detailed environment base.

Each Staction Figure is scaled such that they can be displayed individually or alongside other 6-inch action figures and statues. The first Staction Figures scheduled for release are Lion-O, Jackal Man, and Jaga. Other products to be released include the Thunderclaw, Cat’s Lair, and many more.

“Thundercats is a classic cartoon property and Icon Heroes is the ideal partner to deliver an array of offerings befitting of these beloved characters,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President of Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Fans of the series will be thrilled to see not only the products available, but the painstaking detail with which they are created.”

--more--

“Icon Heroes is all about bringing popular characters to life and we very excited to be recreating some of our favorite 1980’s animated heroes,” added Patrick Wang, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Icon Heroes. “It is wonderful to be able to work with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and we can’t wait to offer fans our exciting and vast collection of Thundercats product lines.”

Icon Heroes’ products can soon be purchased directly through their store at www.iconheroes.com. More information can be found by visiting the Icon Heroes blog at blog.iconheroes.com.

# # #

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products is a division of Warner Bros., an AOL Time Warner Company, and is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About Icon Heroes
Icon Heroes is a division of PACFUN LLC and is a leading manufacturer of pop culture toys and collectibles.

THUNDERCATS: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Ted Wolf.
(s10)

Staction Figure: TM Icon Heroes

Contacts:

Rita Cooper
Director, Worldwide Public Relations

Warner Bros. Consumer Products

(818) 954-3821
[email protected]

Patrick Wang
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Icon Heroes
(562) 217-ICON (4266)
[email protected]

So does this mean somebody else will be granted the actual Action Figure license? Or that nobody will get it at all?

Last edited:
Re: New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming!!!

A step in the right direction though! This is how MotU made its comeback! :rock

have to wait and see how the sculpts look before I get to happy.

at-first-i-was-like.jpg

So now there are staction figures coming and two companies doing statues correct?

If the Thundercat's statues that Popcultureshock is doing turn out anything like the Street Fighter ones then I'll probably just stick to those.

What else has Icon Heros done? Anything?

No Articulation = FAIL

Forget Mattel making a Classics line too with this announcement

Cant say I really care about this announcement, other than the fact that it further proves the license is out there big time for any takers!

For me though, its gonna be PF all the way!

If this line was handled like the Matty Toy MOTU classic line, it would have been AMAZING!

I have a bad feeling about this...

Ona side note, I Hope the Pop Culture statues of the T-cats look way better than the Street Fighter ones. I don't see why everyone seems to like the SF line so much, to me they all look really off.

-Zoid

If this line was handled like the Matty Toy MOTU classic line, it would have been AMAZING!

Ona side note, I Hope the Pop Culture statues of the T-cats look way better than the Street Fighter ones. I don't see why everyone seems to like the SF line so much, to me they all look really off.

-Zoid

:horror!!!
I hope not!!! :lol

We don't need another line handled like MOTUC.

At least 6 inch collectors will have properly scaled Thundercats to fit in with their MOTUC, TMNT, and Robotech Cyclone figures, even if they won't be poseable.

Cant say I really care about this announcement, other than the fact that it further proves the license is out there big time for any takers!

For me though, its gonna be PF all the way!

Does SS have the license currently or are you just saying you would only be buying PF's regardless of who makes what?

-Zoid

I think PCS did a good job of capturing the look and feel of the characters of SF personally. Plus they made those statues pretty big overall compared to some manufacturers.

I'm kind of glad that they haven't gone the way of the MOTUC line (although I guess this news means they are getting closer), although that line is pretty awesome. I say that because I'm not personally collecting smaller figures like that anymore so selfishly I'm kind of with King of Darkness and want something statue like that I can display.

Hey if they can make it all then great...everyone will be happy. That said, makes me think this news missed the mark even more. Who the he** requested these types of figures in the first place? :lol

No Articulation = FAIL

Forget Mattel making a Classics line too with this announcement

I don't know squat about licensing agreements between companies, but I'm not sure this means Mattel can't make a Classics line. Possibly makes it less likely now, but I still think it's possible.

If two companies can have statue licenses, I don't see why WB can't license out 2 six inch scaled lines - especially if they're going to have different stylings. I'm sure SDCC will reveal all though.

Honestly, if this company (never heard of them) can put out a product that's as nice as the Neca MOTU stactions were, I'd be fine skipping a Mattel line, especially if they managed it anything like MOTUC.

So they'll be like McFarlane did with Spawn toys for a long time. That's cool - better than nothing.

Back