NEW Star Wars at SSC B&W Black Friday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Gray" reference is Gandalf, no doubt.

You have seen the picture of the 1/6th Gandalf figure in the SS hallway haven't you? It's just a matter of time.

Yes I have, but you have to admit the others are possibilities as well. It isn't as far fetched as a Black and White Negative Zone Spider-Man :rolleyes:

Yes I have, but you have to admit the others are possibilities as well. It isn't as far fetched as a Black and White Negative Zone Spider-Man :rolleyes:

True... but coupled with the specific "gray" reference, and that picture we've all seen, and the extra bit about tuning in to SS Radio for an LOTR sneak... that all screams GANDALF to me.

But I could be wrong. Again. :)

Black and white?

How about a 1:1 bust of this guy:

fig3.large.gif

:)

Black and white?

How about a 1:1 bust of this guy:

fig3.large.gif

:)

Hadn't thought of that as the Star Wars item. Very possible since Grevious is also in that Gandalf pic.

I'm all but 100% Gandalf is one of them. I just don't know if the "Shades of Gray" is ONLY referring to him or a possible Gray Hulk bust or Gray Imperial Officer as well.

i guess we could get a death star gunner, he's all black with a little white logo on his helmet. (and he's not wearing any armor, just the helmet which covers his whole head)

Much as I would love Grievous 1:1, that would very loosely fit the B&W theme as his "white" is really more a cream, and his "black" is more a dark metallica shade. Not sure how they could spin him to fit with the theme.

Tarkin wears grey. Just a thought.

You think so? Every piece of merchandise has always had him in an olive green shade. It'd be great, but like the Grievous bust, seems like it'd be stretching it to call him grey for this event. Any one of these items would be great, but I just have this hunch the announcement's coming out of left field for this.

You think so? Every piece of merchandise has always had him in an olive green shade. It'd be great, but like the Grievous bust, seems like it'd be stretching it to call him grey for this event. Any one of these items would be great, but I just have this hunch the announcement's coming out of left field for this.

Grievous would be a pretty amazing announcement if we didn't know about it already.

My Prediction is that we'll get possibly Tarkin, Grievous, then Gandalf.

Grievous would be a pretty amazing announcement if we didn't know about it already.

My Prediction is that we'll get possibly Tarkin, Grievous, then Gandalf.

Don't forget though, there are only a few hundred of us, at least that are registered here and posting, that know of Grievous from that picture because of this forum, and SSC's customer base for Star Wars has to be in the thousands, so Grievous announcement would be more a confirmation for us, but it would still be a surprise to many others.

Don't forget though, there are only a few hundred of us, at least that are registered here and posting, that know of Grievous from that picture because of this forum, and SSC's customer base for Star Wars has to be in the thousands, so Grievous announcement would be more a confirmation for us, but it would still be a surprise to many others.

That is true, but surely ANY real die hard Sideshow collector is a member here. I actually joined the ORIGINAL board because Sideshow's newsletter adversized this "cool" little fan site. :lol

That is true, but surely ANY real die hard Sideshow collector is a member here. I actually joined the ORIGINAL board because Sideshow's newsletter adversized this "cool" little fan site. :lol

I would wager that's probably about 80% true, but we know Sideshow doesn't just listen to / cater to our small band of Freaks here :)

Ugh.. another all day event? ::whimper:: Ok, so since I've never dobe B&W friday before, how does it work? Are items announced throughout the day? or all at once early on, followed by contests the rest of the day?

Ugh.. another all day event? ::whimper:: Ok, so since I've never dobe B&W friday before, how does it work? Are items announced throughout the day? or all at once early on, followed by contests the rest of the day?

Well they have only done one in the past. I believe they announced everything at once and that was all. They only had 3 or so items though, I think all PF. Since I don't really collect PF I didn't pay much attention to last year.

This year looks to be quite a bit different though. I'd expected it to be like a quick, 1 day Spooktacular.

Back