Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh... that price hurts... that's a huge difference in the others of this line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price does suck for this, but its a cool statue. I will be using my points to get this down a bit. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really do like this PF and the pose is dynamic and fun. No way I'd ever pay the prices of the other companies selling similar themed characters, but that's me. Bang for the buck still lies with Sideshow on this one, but not by very much with the price increases. If the final product comes close to the preview piece, I'll be a very satisfied collector.

I dunno about this one. Not keen on the pose and I don't like the base at all. Price certainly doesn't help since I was already leaning against getting this.

Edit: Also would have preferred a Brock headsculpt instead of the alternate classic portrait.

Price kinda sucks. But I will be buying this. I wish Black Cat had classic costume because I love this entire line. I just got Green Goblin, and though his costume is a bit divisive, the pose and the statue itself is a masterpiece! I want to collect this whole line!

Not going to get it. Im not thrilled with the pose and crazy price pushes me further to the no zone.

I mean the 1:1 ID4 alien bust (which is huge and actually more than a bust since its a full body sculpt down to the waist) is only $699 and has way way more detail and a way better paint app.

Just cant justify the price for this piece even though I have spidey and GG. I think they kinda stuck it to us knowing many will want to complete the set.

I understand those wanting ti get it regardless of price hike...just not for me.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

After looking at it more, I'm 99% sure I'm going to pass. Price is way too much and I don't like the pose and I REALLY don't like how they made him ultra-textured, I much preferred the smoother look on XM's.

I really don;t understand such a huge price increase ...can't imagine the ES will be low:

These two are available for order now and look at the difference in scale and paint vs venom for the price:

$699 (1:1 scale...huge)
independence-day-resurgence-alien-life-size-bust-prime1-902858-02.jpg

$549.99 (1/4 scale)
red-sonja-she-devil-with-a-sword-premium-format-300347-05.jpg

$624.99 ???? (1/4 scale)
marvel-venom-premium-format-figure-300456-10.jpg

How did they justify that price hike unless they are just marking it up for those that want to complete the set???

Damn this is a tough decision to make. After ordered Carnage, I was pretty sure I am going toward to order Venom, but after I saw the price, I am kinda back off... God, what are the reasons this piece is pricing this high? This sucks!

If I didn't already have the Venom comiquette I'd have a hard time convincing myself to get this one. I'd either get the original Venom on aftermarket or see how a forthcoming Prime 1 version might look like. I never got the original Carnage so did preorder the new one.

I really don;t understand such a huge price increase ...can't imagine the ES will be low:

How did they justify that price hike unless they are just marking it up for those that want to complete the set???

I would be willing to bet that they are pricing according to popularity of character. Hello, why is Bane $180 MORE than Killer Croc (not to mention the lack of double rewards and free shipping on Bane). Because he's a lot more popular. Ultimately that is the same reason Deadpool is so pricey. Can't wait to see how much they will ask for the Thanos maquette.

Is there ANYONE who actually likes those fake painted wood bases they put at the bottom of all their statues now. Completely ruins what would have been an awesome piece. Same goes for Carnage, would have bought him in a second if not for that coaster looking garbage at the bottom.

Is there ANYONE who actually likes those fake painted wood bases they put at the bottom of all their statues now. Completely ruins what would have been an awesome piece. Same goes for Carnage, would have bought him in a second if not for that coaster looking garbage at the bottom.

I don't have an issue with it? I don't see how it takes anything away from the piece at all. It's likely done so that they can have a base that is completely flat, balanced and symmetrical.

***Goes to look at coaster base....***

Back