New Sideshow Daredevil Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're synonymous with each other so it's not suprising. Female sculpt....

so superman should have the same edition size as supergirl or lois lane ?
or spidey should have the same edition size as mj?
or batman the same as catwoman or batgirl ?

I think we all agree the answer is "no".

....apples oranges grapes licenses agreements agreed upon production runs business models... without knowing for sure why or how it's all just internet speculation and not all that surprising.

You're also comparing Justice League members number #1 & #2, and arguably Marvels most popular character to DD. One crappy movie and a halfway decent show on Netflix.

Last edited:
I am a diehard DD fan. Have every comic. Even collect comics he has a guest appearance in.

I don't really like this statue and haven't ordered it. I bought the last PF right away.

When I heard there was another DD PF coming I was STOKED! Pretty disappointed in it to be honest. I don't hate it but meh, def not something I care to pay top dollar for.

I am a diehard DD fan. Have every comic. Even collect comics he has a guest appearance in.

I don't really like this statue and haven't ordered it. I bought the last PF right away.

When I heard there was another DD PF coming I was STOKED! Pretty disappointed in it to be honest. I don't hate it but meh, def not something I care to pay top dollar for.
All red would’ve been an instant buy for most people. I would’ve ordered if they made a yellow variant

I don’t think that’s a very good comparison.

what would be then? He said dd and elektra are "synonymous with each other" and gave emphasis to it being a female sculpt. my view is that those points have nothing to do with why they have the same edition size.

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-11.gif

Love the base, but DD himself is just not how I envision him, so passing on him and waiting another 8 yrs maybe for another DD hahaha

what would be then? He said dd and elektra are "synonymous with each other" and gave emphasis to it being a female sculpt. my view is that those points have nothing to do with why they have the same edition size.

DD and Elektra are often thought of / mentioned in the same breath.. Elektra is a very important character to DD... I am not saying they are Batman and Robin.. But they are closer to that comparison then Superman and Supergirl.. Mary Jane is not a hero and does not go out on adventures with Spidey.. So its not the same.

Having said that.. The ES size may be representative of the lack of enthusiasm for DD... And for the record I don't think Elektra and DD share the same ES size because they are PB & J... I tend to agree that I think its the lack of Enthusiasm. I just thought the comparisons you made did not really match up.

DD and Elektra are often thought of / mentioned in the same breath.. Elektra is a very important character to DD... I am not saying they are Batman and Robin.. But they are closer to that comparison then Superman and Supergirl.. Mary Jane is not a hero and does not go out on adventures with Spidey.. So its not the same.

Having said that.. The ES size may be representative of the lack of enthusiasm for DD... And for the record I don't think Elektra and DD share the same ES size because they are PB & J... I tend to agree that I think its the lack of Enthusiasm. I just thought the comparisons you made did not really match up.

I think if Sideshow nailed DD, people would probably have ordered Elektra for the set

I feel I'm in the minority that really love this guy. I think the suit, being a netflix/comic hybrid looks fantsatic. I'd love if this became a regular costume in the show or even the comic.

That said, even I'm not a huge fan of the Elektra. She seems to just have extra padding wrist pads and stuff tacked on for the sake of it rather than there being any logical reasoning. Even her pose isnt great.

I feel I'm in the minority that really love this guy. I think the suit, being a netflix/comic hybrid looks fantsatic. I'd love if this became a regular costume in the show or even the comic.

That said, even I'm not a huge fan of the Elektra. She seems to just have extra padding wrist pads and stuff tacked on for the sake of it rather than there being any logical reasoning. Even her pose isnt great.

I love this piece also. I agree I’m not sold on the Electra piece. The DD itself looks really cool. The tone and mood with that muted red. Then the base sets it off nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure whats up with all the hate for Elektra, overall detail and pose are better imo. DD is not bad though, it's slowly growing on me.

Last edited:
No sure whats up with all the hate for Elektra, overall detail and pose are better imo. DD is not bad though, it's slowly growing on me.

I don't think she's awful, I just don't like the head sculpt or outfit design personally. I would have preferred something more along the lines of the new psylocke PF - more comic accurate and less added to the gloves and boots as I feel the style of this statue won't age well. I think SS added too many belts and buckles etc like they do to some pieces e.g. new black widow. Just my personal preference :peace

Not sure whats up with all the hate for Elektra, overall detail and pose are better imo. DD is not bad though, it's slowly growing on me.

She is growing on me also! Wasn’t sure about her at all. But she really goes with that DD piece more than any other piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back