New SIDESHOW BoH Civil War cannon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What figure is this?

1102_press07-001.jpg

The artillary man is from a previous release as one of the Union soldiers. Just the jacket is new. I think SideShow kitbashed it to show the scale of the cannon. I believe it is from the 100th Pennsylvania.
I have a feeling that SideShow will do something else for us history buffs.
By the way, I am going to Gettysburg this coming weekend.Will be at the Cashtown Inn with the 2nd Maryland,CSA.The National Park service is doing a terrific job restoring the battlefield. You can truely feel that a great sacrifice was made there. Have a great 4th of July all.
Brent

Yes, that figure posted with the Ordnance rifle is from the 100th Pennsylvania, the third Union figure released by SS. Out of the whole line I really like series Three the best. The sculpts are great and so are the uniforms.

oh BTW Musketball have a great time at Gettysburg. I was there over 15 years ago. Since then I saw an article in National Geographic and they showed how car dealerships have bought a lot of the park and converted it to car lots and malls.

Little Round Top and Devils Den are something else, if you take some pics it would be cool to see them.

stickman said:
oh BTW Musketball have a great time at Gettysburg. I was there over 15 years ago. Since then I saw an article in National Geographic and they showed how car dealerships have bought a lot of the park and converted it to car lots and malls.

Little Round Top and Devils Den are something else, if you take some pics it would be cool to see them.

My stomach turns inside out hearing that. How can people do that to their heritage?
I agree though, some pictures would be very very cool.

My stomach turns inside out hearing that. How can people do that to their heritage?
I agree though, some pictures would be very very cool.

It is a shame, as if the country needs more car dealerships. :mad:

Only in America, Imagine if France did that to Normandy!

Hey Musketball did you take any pics? How was your trip?

We returned Sunday night(8th). It was VERY crowded, given it was the anniversary weekend of the battle. Had photo taken at the Arbor House using 1860s camera on glass plates and also tintypes made. Very hot, but worth every minute.The park service has cleared or thinned trees and reconstructed fence lines per July 1-4 1863. I took a lot of photos but this computer isn't working the way it should.Also went on ghost tour and met Mark Nesbit who has written approx. 6 books on paranormal activity at and around Gettysburg. Captured really good orbs on one picture located at the Gettysburg College old dorm that was used as a field hospital. Mr. Nesbits books are writen so you feel you are there during eye witness accounts.

Thanks,
Brent

Wow! You took real glass photos? I would love to see those when you get the chance to post them. I bet it was hot, exactly the way it was those fateful days. Interesting ghost stories, I will have to look him up and read some.

Brent here is a glass photo of one of my ancestors from the American Civil War. I do my best to take care of it. The glass is wrapped with its original gold foil and is in near mint shape. I'd like to share this with you as I now know you'd appreciate it.

Best,

Adam

OdellCivilWarRelative.jpg

Adam
Great picture! I see your ancestor was a Union soldier. What unit did he belong to? My ancestors faught each other at Gettysburg at Culps Hill.The Union side was First Maryand Eastern Shore, Co.K, (Benjamin Franklin McCready)The Confederate Side, 2nd Maryland, Co.D,(Thomas McCready).
I also had an ancestor enlisted in the 4th Virginia Cavalry,Co.D.
Benjamin died from what was termed as "brain fever". Tomas was captured at Petersburg,Va.His brother surrendered at Appomatox in April of 1865.
If you ever get a chance to go to Gettysburg stop into the Arbor House for you own piece of history to pass down. I live about 4 hours from Gettysburg and Sharpsburg(Antietum).If you can e-mail me, I'll be able to send the photos.
Thanks,
Brent

[email protected]

Thanks a bunch guys. I got this photo from my father. Unfortunately there is not much information I have on him. Musketball it is great to know some much info on your ancestors. My family tree gets a little blurry on my fathers side, we're working on our tree and its coming along slowly.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our U.S. 3-inch Ordnance Rifle – Civil War Cannon (item #1102) from our Brotherhood of Arms Accessories. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 10-15 days, which will notify you about the processing of your order. If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping address information, or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE VIA YOUR ONLINE USER ACCOUNT.

by any chance, did anyone open their canon yet? I was going to keep mine boxed until I move, which will be a while. I just thought that it would be great to see some pictures.

I see that BGT has the artillery shell jacket now in stock, the exact one SST used in the promo for this canon. I wonder is Augie is going to do commision work for SST. Anyone get one?

Mine has only just been charged on my CC so I have a long wait ahead of me still. Very anxious to see some pics myself.

I got mine before Christmas, but I put it away in Storage because I took down my Brotherhood of Arms collection temporarily. I had to go back to my Ape collection. Right now Jabba's Throne is also taking up a good portion of space.:D
I like to rotate my collection around. Otherwise it becomes too static like a statue, which I don't like.

I'm not sure if you got the Jabba throne Doomhammer, but the box is not as big. I'm anxious to see this beast fully assembled. Sometimes I get angry with myself for not checking on the product to find months, sometimes years later that there's a broken piece. The box came pretty well intact and there didn't seem to be any loose pieces floating around so I'm assuming all is good. I just know I won't open this for another couple of months. I'm glad I got it. I'm thinking of getting another for a movie I'm making about the Indian wars.

Back