New Rings DVD Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dassy

Private Member
Reaction score
Soz if already Posted!(Dont read or post Much these days)
https://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/lord-of-the-rings6.html

lordofringstrilogyagainfoot.jpg

The folks over at Home Media Retailing have received details on new releases of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King will each arrive in newly packaged two-disc “Limited Edition” sets, along with an exclusive new behind-the scenes documentary. Each set will carry both the theatrical and extended versions of the film (via seamless branching), while disc two features an intimate, never-before-seen documentary created by Costa Botes. The feature-length documentaries, with more than 300 minutes of never-before-available footage, focus on a number of complexities and circumstances and affected the making of the movies. The discs will be available to own from the 29th August, priced at around $28.98 a piece.
:chew

Last edited:
PJ said in some interview that there were more deleted scenes. That on the next dvd release he'll release 'em but wont add them to the movie and make it a super extended edition.

If these include the bloopers and those deleted scenes, I'll definatelty buy them :rolleyes:

tremulant said:
PJ said in some interview that there were more deleted scenes. That on the next dvd release he'll release 'em but wont add them to the movie and make it a super extended edition.

If these include the bloopers and those deleted scenes, I'll definatelty buy them :rolleyes:

not to hate, but this sounds like what GL did with star wars.... lets hope its not true...like i said the 3+ movies i have are good enough. maybe i'll be able to download the deleted scenes later.

I will wait for the HD LoTr, but if these set sell for $12 to $15 each, I might think to get them.:monkey5

I will probably buy them..

I just wonder if they will realease them in Sweden or if I have to order them from another country?!

Dear Newline,

Please stop releasing LOTR films and merchandise I want.

Sincerely,

CA"My band account hates me"Hobbit

Meh... unless the deleted scenes are really cool I will prolly pass on this one. Anybody know what deleted scenes are included?

I REALLY miss the scouring of Shire... I hope it will be on this one or that we will see it some day!

Calle_Sandell said:
I REALLY miss the scouring of Shire... I hope it will be on this one or that we will see it some day!

The Scouring was never meant to be included and was never filmed. Only the brief vision Frodo has in the mirror of Galadriel is a little nod to the scouring, but that's all they ever filmed.

Oh yeah...

And how are they supposed to fit the entire extended AND theatrical cuts of each film (especially ROTK) on one disc of a two disc set? Not enough space. And you can't just use seamless branching because the extended cuts are far more complex than that, with the entire score revised and recut and expanded. And with the dialogue, there will be an extra line in the middle of a scene, etc. It's more than just a matter of skipping a chapter here and there through branching. The details of this set just don't make sense to me...

tomandshell said:
Oh yeah...

And how are they supposed to fit the entire extended AND theatrical cuts of each film (especially ROTK) on one disc of a two disc set? Not enough space. And you can't just use seamless branching because the extended cuts are far more complex than that, with the entire score revised and recut and expanded. And with the dialogue, there will be an extra line in the middle of a scene, etc. It's more than just a matter of skipping a chapter here and there through branching. The details of this set just don't make sense to me...

I'm with you. I really can't fathom how this will be possible. Maybe if the EE's where on one seperate disc (as oppossed to 2) it would make a little more sense, but then the set would be 3 Discs. It doesn't make sense that one disk can contain over 6 hours of material. Me smells sumfin afoot.....

HeraldElrond said:
Curse these movie companies and their 30 different released editions of the same #$#%#%^@%^$% MOVIE!!! That said i'll probably pick these up, DAMNIT!
:monkey4

same sentiments here! argh... :monkey4

Back