New Q&A answers...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Among them -

Q: Does your new LOTR maquette/statue license allow for 1/6th riders and steeds?

A: 1/6 scale statues, yes.

Q: Is anything on the Morgul Lord PF poseable? Can his little ball and chain be positioned in front of him, or will it be fixed to the base?

A: The ball and chain is *planned* to be slightly moveable, if one chooses to display it a tad differently.

There was also the one about a PF Gimli to be made eventually that i posted in the other thread.

No answers to all of our diorama questions, however :(

Q: Any more hints about this LOTR “horse of a different color” Premium Format coming next year?

A: LOTR hints? Well, that’s a darn good hint already! A horse of a different color indeed. Not white, the opposite of that!

RingWraith on horseback? Obviously it is not Arwen or Gandalf if the horse is black, although an Arwen PF with Frodo on horseback (my dream of dreams) would be a logical follow up.

I would be surprised if it were a RW on steed, I am betting on the Mouth of Sauron.

Yeah, they're from the Comic-Con chat. Some folks though didn't get in so its still useful to post.

Also I don't think its a Mouth of Sauron.

It'll definitely be RWoS, no way are they going to release a MoS at the price point it will come in at.

IMO.

I agree that a Ringwraith on Steed will be coming before too long to the PF line, and Gimli is coming at some point as well. The Legolas Maquette is definitely next, and may be preordering really soon too!

I'm going to cry over spilt milk here and beat a dead horse at the same time. Was a little miffed that someone asked about more GI Joes to which SST responded that they already have the next 5 lined up. I wish they would have went full bore into the 1/6th LOTR line as they seem to have with the Joe line. Rant off.

In an effort to show Sideshow that there would be interest in a complete fellowship in the PF line, I asked the following questions.

- Boromir looks great as part of the maquette line, but will we see him in his travelling gear from the Fellowship of the Ring in the Premium Format Line?

-Frodo is starting to look lonely as a premium format. Do you know when Samwise the Brave might join him?

-the preview of the Gollum Premium Format looks great, and he is almost two characters for the price of one. Is there any chance that this might allow for two characters on one base, say Merry and Pippin, in the Premium Format line?

In an effort to show Sideshow that there would be interest in a complete fellowship in the PF line, I asked the following questions.

- Boromir looks great as part of the maquette line, but will we see him in his travelling gear from the Fellowship of the Ring in the Premium Format Line?

-Frodo is starting to look lonely as a premium format. Do you know when Samwise the Brave might join him?

-the preview of the Gollum Premium Format looks great, and he is almost two characters for the price of one. Is there any chance that this might allow for two characters on one base, say Merry and Pippin, in the Premium Format line?

Good questions.

I think Merry and Pippin together is best approach in terms of sales.

If Sideshow has suggested that they might not finish the Fellowship in the Premium Format line, I think it might be best to remind them how much interest there is for these characters provided they are done correctly. If we can get some people asking similarly worded questions, maybe Sideshow will get a better idea of how much interest there really is for these characters. I would totally be in for a Merry and Pippin two - pack, and they made Yoda with a clonetrooper, so I can't imagine this would be impossible. If the base could be the top most branches of Treebeard for example, it could be sold as a Treebead 1/4 scale bust with bonus Premium Format Merry and Pippin figures!

If Sideshow has suggested that they might not finish the Fellowship in the Premium Format line, I think it might be best to remind them how much interest there is for these characters provided they are done correctly. If we can get some people asking similarly worded questions, maybe Sideshow will get a better idea of how much interest there really is for these characters...

Been doing that for the past 2 years :lol

Good to see others have fools hope as well. It can be contagious! :hi5:

The mounted piece could well be an Eomer. Either way, it will be too big for me :(

I doubt it will be PF. It'll be the first badie in the Maquette line.

Well there is an excellent (comissioned) MoSoS 1/6 scale about to be unveiled over on the weta forum and the RWoS is already out there as well so I am interested to see what SS come up with given the pedigree (actual sculpt and previous works of the artist) of these two.

I know SS have the skill in abundance and they seem to be hitting a very 'creative' streak at the moment, and I'm saying that as one who actually likes where they went with the ML pf. So if it is a RWoS, then what will be looking at????? I can't think of any striking poses of the Wraiths on horseback that would make them anything more than an additional Wraith to the original or a quick pick up for those who missed the first one (similar to Baby Rog).
Exciting times :wave

Full on Fell Beast? Or is it literally a horse?

Back