New Punisher movie: Stevenson returning?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably in the minority. I didn't hate Warzone...but I didn't love it either. I'd rather somebody else take the reigns from Stevenson as far as the lead role.

I'm tired of recasts and reboots after individual films underperform (Bruce Banner, I'm looking at you.) Either bring back Jane or Stevenson, or don't bother. Though Stallone would be great.

So being old makes Stallone less of a badass killing machine? Your logic makes me laugh!

No, he would just make a terrible Punisher. He's too old for The Punisher, and too much of a star.

My understanding was that Banner being re-cast was due to a contract dispute of some kind. Norton probably wanted to be paid on par with Downey and wasn't gonna get it.

He looks the part, and since Frank is a disgruntled Italian-American/ Vietnam veteran, Sly fits more than any other actor who's previously played the role.

He's got the right build, attitude, and knows how to kill men with his bare-hands (onscreen.) Plus, he's the right real-time age of Frank from the comics, and it's not like the part requires an Oscar-calibre performance.

Stallone should not be allowed anywhere near Punisher. He's too old and he'd probably want to direct it. I hate how he directs action.

Didn't Frank Miller once say he wanted Stallone to star in The Dark Knight Returns? Surely the Punisher would be a better fit for him than Bruce Wayne?

Was this before or after Frank Miller lost all of his positive creative energy and turned into a sad, pale reflection of his former self who did nothing but try to capitalize on his successes of the past?

Sly looks great now despite being 65 - he could certainly pull it off and you'd believe he's a Vietnam vet.

Well "old" Punisher in the Max series might be my favorite incarnation of him. I don't know how well that might work in an actual movie, but I certainly wouldn't be against it.

I don't see him getting the role again, Marvel will reboot the movie with all new people. Even though Ray was fine as the Punisher but the movie was about as lame as it gets. I don't think a lot of people will be able to wash the sh-t taste out of their mouths from that movie and having Stevenson attached to it might hurt a new one. Good luck to him and I hope he gets it, I just hope he hits the gym a lot to put on some size before he starts filming.

Ray Stevenson is the Punisher, _____k the rest. War Zone was a lowdown dirty, cheap, low budget gorefest with some camp thrown in for good measure, and I loved it.

The director did the best she could with the laughable low budget she had. I know I busted out laughing on scenes, and some of the finishing kills. It's also pretty cool seeing an actor who actually looks like he knows what he's doing when handling weapons.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BuNmU4sbgOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back