New project 1/6 WED-15-ST68 (WED-15 Septoid Treadwell)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool, I didn't know you could buy individual pieces from their site, but I guess I never really looked at their site much because I have a huge Lego store down the street.

Had some time today to complete the arm supports. I hate when you have to build a crap load of the same parts. It gets boring, but the result is rewarding. So here's 2 pics of that. I also built the chassis which came out 100% better than I thought it would. I was worried about the seams working out, but I tell you guy the ABS and Styrene plastic are awesome to work with. The Plastruct Bondene solvent is a life saver. Another great glue is the Loctite Super Glue Control Gel. Gel it the only way to go. Great for tacking down parts. So I will post the base tomorrow and then I need to look into the wheels and treads. I saw a tank at Target that the treads might work, but not sure and I would be paying $20 for the toy when all I need it the treads. Might just have to do it, because I don't think i want to make my own.

So I need to

#1 Complete the chassis
#2 Treads and wheels
#3 detail arm gadgets
#4 add wires and hoses
#5 add center tower and head
#6 paint/weathering.

Man this stuff is crazy time consuming. If I added up the time I worked on these models I would have a small fortune in them. I'm sure you all agree with that.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Question for you guys. There's some major differences between the Movie prop and Hasbros version. Now Hasbro's version has WAY more detail. It's more interesting. I'm leaning toward the prop. So what would you guys do? One of the big things is how the arm table is attached to the chassis. Hasbros is fixed with one middle rod that rotates. The prop is mounted with thin legs making it static. Anyways just looking for some input.

Last edited:
It looks like the way you did this you could easily make the arm table completely rotatable, I would go for that, just because it would be cool, and it would still look perfectly accurate anyway.

BTW its looking quite awesome.:rock

Looks great so far!! Very clever use of bits.

As for reference, IMO go with the film prop as opposed to the toy.

Can't wait to see it done.

:horror wow OT, looks amazing! It's definitely coming along very nicely... it'll be incredible when it's finished!

Thanks again guys! Hey I have a question for you.

So now that there's only little details to make like the arm claw gadgets, wiring and paint I want to work on the treads 1st. Now we all know this isn't a toy and it wont be doing anything other that sitting behind glass, but do you guys think I should make a static bottom tread or make them working? I'm leaning toward static which will be easier (I think LOL) since the film tread is very simple looking. The only working treads I have seen are more military looking and while it would look cool and move it wouldn't look like the film.

Oh and I think the Demolition droid is next. That depends on when the domes show up. So I might do the security droid. I really want to tackle a R1 and FX-7. Don't want to deal with a 100 arms :banghead so I think I will wait for SS to make good old FX. :lol

I'd go with static as its going to be behind glass and easier for you to do. Besides you will have plenty of display options with the moveable arms :)

Back