NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neny improved the piece because it needed it. I can understand why some love it and some hate it. Good job with the mandibles and the skull trophy however you got people now wanting it to look better than out of the box. Things I’ve noticed needing fixing is a bit much to warrant a purchase. But good job to all that are happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I think needs fixed are the mandibles, but I don't care because I will never display it unmasked or have the unmasked portrait on display. I have the original predator unmasked on display.

Unacceptable response from sideshow regarding wobbling unmasked portrait - "Please know that the fit on the heads is normal for this piece and is the same throughout the whole edition. In order for each head to fit onto the statue properly, with the dreads included, the fit needed to be looser to allow the pieces to properly line up without a gap issue or breakage when assembled. The piece is not intended to lock into place strongly as this would cause other issues. If you want an additional support for the statue you can utilize Museum Putty for an additional non-damaging hold between the pieces". I requested my inquiry be elevatetd to level 2 customer support and if a replacement head cannot be sent I may have to request a full refund due to a poorly designed piece. I also advised my friend has one without any wobble and many on sideshow have reported no issue with the unmasked portrait. Sideshow, we cannot let them continue to treat us like ****. We are what keep them in business.

lol some of the posts on this forum amaze me. I think some of you need a little perspective. These are mass produced collectibles that are made by people in a factory. You will find issues and imperfections in a 50k vehicle, or even a 350k newly built house, let alone a 1200 dollar statue, which is pocket change by comparison. Nothing is perfect guys, and humans make errors.

Some pieces will come with minor issues. It's the nature of hand-made mass produced items. You either have the choice of keeping as is and doing a minor repair yourself, or send it back and get a refund. You're not teaching Sideshow a lesson by sending your statue back or getting a refund. I'm sure they get loads of returns weekly, and I'm sure their insurance covers this sort of thing, so I doubt they care. Some people really like doing things the hard way.

As for the loose head, I suspect most of these will have some play to some degree. Unless you literally cannot display it because it just falls off, I would attempt a minor fix yourself by either using a cheap disc magnet, wrapping some electrical tape around the peg for a tighter fit or heating up the dreads with a hairdryer if they are preventing the head from being seated properly.

What you should do is inspect the head and see what is causing it to sit really loosely. First, insert the head into the display stand. If the connection is really strong, then your magnet is ok, and it's likely that the head isn't making full contact with the magnet in the body when you're connecting to the body. To confirm, insert the head into the body and shine a light where the peg connects. You should be able to see if it is fully seated. If it's not, use a hairdryer on a low setting on the dreads for a minute or 2 until they are soft and pliable, then insert the head back into the body and press down until the peg makes full contact with the body and hold it for a minute. Because the dreads are now soft, they will simply move and shift as you press down and won't snap. You may need to adjust by hand a little. Once they cool down, they should maintain their new position.

If you don't want to do this out of principal then simply return it and get your money back, but you're just missing out on a great statue. Doing this won't cost you anything unless you buy a magnet and even then it's like 2 dollars, and you could probably still get a partial refund from Sideshow for your troubles.

lol some of the posts on this forum amaze me. I think some of you need a little perspective. These are mass produced collectibles that are made by people in a factory. You will find issues and imperfections in a 50k vehicle, or even a 350k newly built house, let alone a 1200 dollar statue, which is pocket change by comparison. Nothing is perfect guys, and humans make errors.

Some pieces will come with minor issues. It's the nature of hand-made mass produced items. You either have the choice of keeping as is and doing a minor repair yourself, or send it back and get a refund. You're not teaching Sideshow a lesson by sending your statue back or getting a refund. I'm sure they get loads of returns weekly, and I'm sure their insurance covers this sort of thing, so I doubt they care. Some people really like doing things the hard way.

As for the loose head, I suspect most of these will have some play to some degree. Unless you literally cannot display it because it just falls off, I would attempt a minor fix yourself by either using a cheap disc magnet, wrapping some electrical tape around the peg for a tighter fit or heating up the dreads with a hairdryer if they are preventing the head from being seated properly.

What you should do is inspect the head and see what is causing it to sit really loosely. First, insert the head into the display stand. If the connection is really strong, then your magnet is ok, and it's likely that the head isn't making full contact with the magnet in the body when you're connecting to the body. To confirm, insert the head into the body and shine a light where the peg connects. You should be able to see if it is fully seated. If it's not, use a hairdryer on a low setting on the dreads for a minute or 2 until they are soft and pliable, then insert the head back into the body and press down until the peg makes full contact with the body and hold it for a minute. Because the dreads are now soft, they will simply move and shift as you press down and won't snap. You may need to adjust by hand a little. Once they cool down, they should maintain their new position.

If you don't want to do this out of principal then simply return it and get your money back, but you're just missing out on a great statue. Doing this won't cost you anything unless you buy a magnet and even then it's like 2 dollars, and you could probably still get a partial refund from Sideshow for your troubles.

No. There is a 3rd option. Send a new head that fits properly. I’m not going to risk snapping off a dread and then go to Sideshow and have them say “You broke it. SORRY” (even though they did replace a statue that was out of warranty for me in the past due to a lighting issue). Now if they send me a new head and it fits the same as original, THEN I will try the hairdryer method on one and if it works I will destroy the other as directed. Not going to risk destroying one and not have one. Simple plan. And as for cars and houses, they have warranties. Even my new home had a 90 day period where I could point out any flaw and they would come fix. My Mercedes (and almost every other car in the world) has 4 years to fix any design defect. And then they also have recalls so your comparisons don’t apply.

Oh. And my friend got one that doesn’t even have a magnet in its right arm. Lol!! Maybe Sideshow should tell him to buy his own rare earth magnet?

I hear what you are saying ,
but not all of us are good at repairing minor issue or know how to do this ,
for you its easy to know how to fix this problem cause u know what you are doing , others like me will stuff it up and make the problem worst
that why sideshow should just rectify the problem in the first place before manufacturing
say sideshow did fix the problem before manufacturing but the paint job is no good then I be happy to keep it ,
I wish u could show us a video step by step to show us how to fix this minor issue
anyway I guess every body is different if u r happy in minor fixing then good for u
for me a few others this head issue I would get a replacement then if a worst replacement will be a full refund

I'm not good at repairs either. Can only do minor stuff. You're not going to stuff up adding a disc magnet, there's nothing that can go wrong.

As for the hair dryer method, this really doesn't need a video. I've explained it pretty well and it's pretty basic.

No. There is a 3rd option. Send a new head that fits properly. I’m not going to risk snapping off a dread and then go to Sideshow and have them say “You broke it. SORRY” (even though they did replace a statue that was out of warranty for me in the past due to a lighting issue). Now if they send me a new head and it fits the same as original, THEN I will try the hairdryer method on one and if it works I will destroy the other as directed. Not going to risk destroying one and not have one. Simple plan. And as for cars and houses, they have warranties. Even my new home had a 90 day period where I could point out any flaw and they would come fix. My Mercedes (and almost every other car in the world) has 4 years to fix any design defect. And then they also have recalls so your comparisons don’t apply.

How loose is the head? Like, does it actually fall off, or does it simply have some play? you won't snap the dreads, they are PVC. They are able to bend a little as it is. Heat them up with a hair dryer and then see how they feel with your fingers. You'll see what I mean...they become fairly pliable once heated up, so they shouldn't snap, especially if you're careful.

Firstly, you'd wanna check what is actually causing the head to sit loose, because it may not even be the dreads. If it's simply a weak magnet, then you're better off getting a neodymium disc magnet as that will fix it 100% and it has worked for another member here.

If you want to get a 3rd head as reassurance sure, I would be trying that, or you could email them and let them know that you will attempt to fix yourself and let them know if it doesn't work you wan't a replacement, and get them to agree to this in writing.

I would first be finding out what's causing the head to fit incorrectly first.

As for my comparisons, they absolutely apply, but they weren't specific to this head problem. In fact, it wasn't much of a reply to you at all, but more so the comments made by Taylormade, and some general comments I've seen on this forum lately about people demanding replacements for minor issues and complaining that it's not good enough that their statues come with QC issues. I was making the point that this happens in any industry.

Regardless, the comparisons apply...and I don't see how they don't. You say your house has a warranty where you point out any flaw and they fix it. Sideshow is the same thing. You have a flaw on your statue? They usually offer a partial refund, credit, exchange or full refund. Same thing with your car. A member here also got the same response as you for the head, he wasn't happy so they gave him the option of sending it back and giving him a full refund.

The point is, both your car and house can have minor issues, just like your statues, and the warranty is for fixing defects. If you find a minor paint blemish on your car, they aren't going to respray your panel because you have OCD. If your window frames on your house have superficial scratches that can only be seen when looking really close, they aren't going to replace them.

Got mine tonight and I love him. No bobble head in person and the heads aren't loose. They aren't super tight, but they will never fall off either. Love this thing. Like any other statue where people complain, this will sellout and people will then try and get one in the after market.

I'm not good at repairs either. Can only do minor stuff. You're not going to stuff up adding a disc magnet, there's nothing that can go wrong.

As for the hair dryer method, this really doesn't need a video. I've explained it pretty well and it's pretty basic.

How loose is the head? Like, does it actually fall off, or does it simply have some play? you won't snap the dreads, they are PVC. They are able to bend a little as it is. Heat them up with a hair dryer and then see how they feel with your fingers. You'll see what I mean...they become fairly pliable once heated up, so they shouldn't snap, especially if you're careful.

Firstly, you'd wanna check what is actually causing the head to sit loose, because it may not even be the dreads. If it's simply a weak magnet, then you're better off getting a neodymium disc magnet as that will fix it 100% and it has worked for another member here.

If you want to get a 3rd head as reassurance sure, I would be trying that, or you could email them and let them know that you will attempt to fix yourself and let them know if it doesn't work you wan't a replacement, and get them to agree to this in writing.

I would first be finding out what's causing the head to fit incorrectly first.

As for my comparisons, they absolutely apply, but they weren't specific to this head problem. In fact, it wasn't much of a reply to you at all, but more so the comments made by Taylormade, and some general comments I've seen on this forum lately about people demanding replacements for minor issues and complaining that it's not good enough that their statues come with QC issues. I was making the point that this happens in any industry.

Regardless, the comparisons apply...and I don't see how they don't. You say your house has a warranty where you point out any flaw and they fix it. Sideshow is the same thing. You have a flaw on your statue? They usually offer a partial refund, credit, exchange or full refund. Same thing with your car. A member here also got the same response as you for the head, he wasn't happy so they gave him the option of sending it back and giving him a full refund.

The point is, both your car and house can have minor issues, just like your statues, and the warranty is for fixing defects. If you find a minor paint blemish on your car, they aren't going to respray your panel because you have OCD. If your window frames on your house have superficial scratches that can only be seen when looking really close, they aren't going to replace them.

hello my friend
ok I wait and see when I get mine I pray that I have a good head that fits perfect on to the body but if not I might try your method first , if it doesn't work its going for a replacement n if not good going for a full refund

Received him today, all in all I'm very pleased. Sorry not the best camera but I think they make a good pair

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 163
hello my friend
ok I wait and see when I get mine I pray that I have a good head that fits perfect on to the body but if not I might try your method first , if it doesn't work its going for a replacement n if not good going for a full refund

Goodluck, hopefully yours has no major issues. Seems most people here are pleased with it.

Goodluck, hopefully yours has no major issues. Seems most people here are pleased with it.
I did the magnet with the right arm. Once I get the 1mm thick ones in the mail I will try with the head. Hopefully that’s it. Just don’t want to mess with right now as I have the masked head nice and snug.

Nah nobody has tried it. I think people just haven't bothered because in person its not really an issue.

Out of interest, how is it not an issue in person? It's still in the wrong place. The more likely reason nobody has done it yes is because it will require major surgery and repair work to do it.

Back