NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding. People are absolutely ripping on those photos posted earlier on Facebook :lol. The comparisons to Hot Toys and Neca have begun, not to mention the Sideshow bashing. Collectors are a funny bunch.

To be fair, we've gone through plenty of that here too :) - but doing so due to dodgy photos just ain't fair!

We've discussed the failings of the sculpt/design over the course of the last 2 years (yeah - it's been TWO YEARS!
icon_eek.gif
)
- but there's no point discussing QC & paintwork until we have high quality in-hand shots.

I'm REALLY looking forward to THOSE, and still have my fingers crossed for those of you that have ordered.

The sculptors are VERY talented SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

. . . I suspect the real causes are bad art-direction + arrogance from the Sideshow team (not soliciting OR listening to expert fan feedback).​

You are absoulety right.
I am not knocking this statue and am happy for all who are getting it, it's not like it is bad. I can see past the early cell phone flash pics and bad lighting and see that it will be a worthy display piece, and nice and big.

I was just saying for myself, I can't get past the armor, body proportions, unmasked face and pose. It's been discussed to death, I know, I am just so sad about it. I have been waiting for a pred like this for years and it sucks that I have to pass..

. . . I was just saying for myself, I can't get past the armor, body proportions, unmasked face and pose. It's been discussed to death, I know, I am just so sad about it. I have been waiting for a pred like this for years and it sucks that I have to pass..

I hear you.

As I've said several times before, if they had fixed the thigh armour, I'd have put up with the rest & bought it (at a 20% discount). One display angle works quite well (at least with the MASKED portrait), and it would have gone OK with their Dutch AND with their P2 which (as we all know) had it's own issues :)

Look on the bright side - money saved for now, and PRIME 1 should knock THEIRS out of the park.

To be fair, we've gone through plenty of that here too :) - but doing so due to dodgy photos just ain't fair!

We've discussed the failings of the sculpt/design over the course of the last 2 years (yeah - it's been TWO YEARS!
icon_eek.gif
)
- but there's no point discussing QC & paintwork until we have high quality in-hand shots.

I'm REALLY looking forward to THOSE, and still have my fingers crossed for those of you that have ordered.

Spot on Spike. It's all been covered before both here and on Facebook. Collectors will always lose it over crappy photos though, and for some reason some feel the need to still bring up points discussed many times over.

Judging over poor pics isn't fair though, but it always happens.

The guy who took those photos said it looks incredible in person, so I'm willing to take his word for it.

First Video... I know this guy is not the most popular collector out there (I can't remember why) but here is his video. Have not watched it yet myself. About to go watch it on my TV

Same, other than I wouldn't help promote his disabled comment YouTube videos.

First Video... I know this guy is not the most popular collector out there (I can't remember why) but here is his video. Have not watched it yet myself. About to go watch it on my TV

Thanks for the link JAWS :hi5:

1) Bit of an "interesting" unboxing :) (read the instructions dude !!! – particularly if you don’t know much about the character)
2) Having a slightly heavy-set fella doing a vid of an anorexic Pred didn’t improve the sculpts appearance :)
3) Am I the only one that cringed when the table wobbled like crazy as he took out the EX hand/skull/spine? :horror
4) Admit I did LOL when I saw the PREDATORS Blu-Ray displayed with it :lol
5) “Fangs” – LMAO.

Good bits

Based on the vid (will be able to tell better with quality pics) . . . QC & paintwork looks pretty good.

Even the torso heft looked fine (until he put the head on)

No complaints about the main base – always thought that was cool.​

Not-so-good bits

The small base is TERRIBLE – really sucks (and looks like it was spat back out).

The "starry" blast damage on the bio is awful too – my Son said he needs to be holding a “My little pony” in 1 hand and a sign saying “I feel pretty” in the other.

Those eyes (“those eyes!”) . . . they just . . . they just (disappeared) look odd (said in my best Bill Duke voice).

Only just realised how bad the cheek skin is sculpted where it joins the lower mandibles.​

BUT - it does look like what everyone expected - no nasty surprises at least
thumb2.gif

Looking forward to more tomorrow!

Same, other than I wouldn't help promote his disabled comment YouTube videos.

Personally I felt nothing when he unboxed this. No excitement. Table wobbles. I will wait for better in-depth stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pre ordered this while drunk. Prob not one of the best decisions of my life.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

If i remember good lot people say -> scammer

I wonder what this guy does for a living to afford to unbox 2 to 3 statues a week?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

He is one of my agents running an international ring of the finest czech call girls.
All your fantasies can become reality just inbox for details. :rotfl

He has a lot more confidence than I do in what a Detolf shelf can support. Did he just double up the glass for that or would it be a custom piece? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking AVP is about to go down for real in my collection room at any given moment.

Back