NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also agree with Phastroh. Sure, it's far from perfect. Apart from the thigh armour, my other complaint is the fused mandibles, but that was always like that anyway. I do wish they were a bit more open like the LSB. The paint job could also be better as well, and if I knew someone locally who could repaint this properly I'd have it re-done (at least the head), but I'm still happy with it and looking forward to getting it.

One thing I don't get though, is I've seen some comments from people trashing it, yet at the same time saying they would buy it if it was heavily discounted. I don't know, but me personally, if I really disliked a piece I wouldn't want it no matter how discounted it is. Now, if you think it looks ok but not worth the money, that's a different story.

Why pay full price when you must fix it anyway? Those colors & lacquer & time aren't free of charge, you know.
Worst if all, the unmasked head is useless. It might even need to be resculpted at lower mandibles to look decent.

Buy it discounted and use the money you saved to get it repainted.

^ This.

Exactly what I did with the P2 and still got slated, by some, for buying it at discount. My main reason for not buying initially was lack of quills. I got quills added and a portrait repaint with the money saved.
My P2 looks awesome now.

Jealousy me thinks from some who paid full price.

Still doesn't make sense to me. Some of you are trashing this sculpt (unmasked portrait). A repaint won't fix that. If colours were the only issue, I could understand.

If you can't stand the unmasked portrait but can cope with the rest - wait for a discount and only ever use the masked portrait.

As regards the entire thing - as I said before - the P2 could be rescued - THIS - not so much.

As with Col - I got the P2 at 20% discount. Don't think EITHER of us (or many others that got the discount) would get the P1 at 20% off.

Paint app isn't too bad overall on the P2.

The P1 would need a complete resculpt of the unmasked head, and a nasty/expensive fix with the thigh armour involving the netting, loincloth and repaint.

After all that, you're still stuck with a torso that is anorexic - nothing can be done with that.

The main base on the P1 is MUCH better though.

^ This.

Exactly what I did with the P2 and still got slated, by some, for buying it at discount. My main reason for not buying initially was lack of quills. I got quills added and a portrait repaint with the money saved.
My P2 looks awesome now.

Jealousy me thinks from some who paid full price.

Ya I was one who did, while all of you got the discount I did not, not only that, I also called ss and asked why I who preordered the piece didn't they lied to me and said only a few got it and canceled my account. But I'm sure you know that. Then I got bullied on here, but by gones be by gones. But that still haunts me today, pple got 300 bucks off. While I paid full price. I later talked to comic book stores who do business with side show and heard horror stories of them pulling stuff like this and they told them if you don't like it don't buy from us. Pretty sad. Anyways, no hard feelings and happy holidays to all!!!

If you can't stand the unmasked portrait but can cope with the rest - wait for a discount and only ever use the masked portrait.

As regards the entire thing - as I said before - the P2 could be rescued - THIS - not so much.

As with Col - I got the P2 at 20% discount. Don't think EITHER of us (or many others that got the discount) would get the P1 at 20% off.

Fair call Spike.

someone on facebook I am friends with got theres and is not happy, look at the spots to prototype, even base coat is lighter
pred1.jpg

yea, it looks just like the unboxing video. Not sure what there is in that pic to be upset with unless he's been living under a rock.

Once again spike you put it in perspective... What a difference even from the proto to production product!

Once again spike you put it in perspective... What a difference even from the proto to production product!
Damn spike you do put this in perspective. Why can they not put out a good piece these days?!!!In China do they not train these people how to paint?!!!

To be fair to them - the production paint isn't AWFUL.

Those orange polka-dots are a shame, the tone of the colours is out, and the detailing is a bit lax, but overall, for a mass-produced piece, it isn't as bad as some of Sideshow's previous efforts.

Given that the paint tone will be out on the entire piece, it will at least be consistent. Also, people won't be displaying it next to the prototype OR production photos, so (unless the sculpt has bugged you from the start) it'll likely look acceptable to those that always wanted to buy it.

someone on facebook I am friends with got theres and is not happy, look at the spots to prototype, even base coat is lighter
View attachment 383079

That is a screenshot from Sideshow's unboxing video on YouTube...

Not sure how your friend would have it when it's not even released yet.

I will wait until in-hand to judge the paint job. Sideshow's unboxing videos never do their statues justice due to the harsh lighting used.

If it really is crap, I'll have someone repaint the head.

Back