NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uhmm what lol?! while technically its a companion because its next to it, in the sculpting world a companion piece is one that was made to directly go along with nother statue to make a set.

uhmm what lol?! while technically its a companion because its next to it, in the sculpting world a companion piece is one that was made to directly go along with nother statue to make a set.

Yes, proximity does not automatically mean it is a companion.

So many people put the predators and the aliens in the same group, while not directly related Film pieces I also could see a display of alien and predator stuff combined.

Not to mention there are TWO dedicated films of the characters together.

Whatever looks good. I used to have an Attakus Face hugger crawling out of the egg displayed on a corner shelf with my Sideshow Predator maquette. I hated the AvP movies and wasn't intentionally going for that theme but as Preds didn't fit centered to the corner shelf because of his pose I had to keep him over to one side so his blades weren't touching the wall. It left an empty space next to him which the face hugger filled perfectly.

Well, IMO, by "companion", it normally mean "the piece that came from the same movie with the same scale". Like Dutch and Jungle Hunter.
However, most fans and collectors viewed Pred and Xeno as companion pieces as there are enough AVP movies and comics around. But why they preferred ones from completely different movies then?
Answers: non-hardcore-Preds-Xeno-collectors preferred to collect only classics if they needed to buy just ONE each. Not to mention AVP movies isn't so good for most so they might avoided them altogether. But what'd they do if they don't like Scar/ Wolf/ Queen/ Chet or just want to buy something to represent these franchises? They just go with this: having only Jungle and Chap! Those are the best movies! Those are enough for both franchises, right!
This is why most companies won't produce them ASAP for buyers will buy it and finish with it. They need to release others (sometimes WTH? choices) first for saving the best for last.

My two cents.

:rotfl

I said they'd look great together. Just not companion pieces.
One's on a spaceship and the others in a jungle.

Can we get back to criticising the piece and worrying about the price? :lol

:rotfl

I said they'd look great together. Just not companion pieces.
One's on a spaceship and the others in a jungle.

Can we get back to criticising the piece and worrying about the price? :lol

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...The head is too big, the thigh armor is in the wrong place and the price will be ridiculously high...

There...now this thread is back on track:)

I've come out of retirement for this piece. :yess::yess::yess: It's the sole reason I began collecting almost 10 years ago and is the only piece I ever TRULY wanted when I come to think of all my collecting. Predator is my favorite movie creature of all time and there is no way I'm passing on this.

The thigh armor is a little annoying, but I can live with it. I do hope they just forgot to put on the spine trophy. Regarding the rest of the proportions as has been discussed, I think it actually looks fine as the Pred's head and mask was always huge. People tend to forget that heads in helmets are actually goofy and big looking and I think this looks pretty close or at least close enough for me.

Awesome pose and sculpt IMO!!! Day one pre-order :banana:banana

I'm also probably in for the new Terminator too.

Just when I thought I was out....

:lol

I doubt this piece will be more than $1200usd, it can't be more than the P2 maquette... and sure this is an expensive price, but I prefer to pay for it at retail than kick myself in the near future for not having bought it when I should have and end up getting it at an aftermarket price (which was the case with the Alien Big Chap maquette)... Lesson learned!!

I'm sure this will be a beauty once it is released!

Back