NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with movie pieces is - either you do them accurate, or you don't do them.
It's not like comic pieces where you can take liberties and such because every single character has been drawn with dozens of different styles.
Now, there will always be details not entirely accurate, it all depends on what kind of details are and magnitude of inaccuracy. Can't blame none of the two camps, those buying and those passing.

For sure, this forum is poison and it's the reason I left and it's not changed since then either. See you guys at PO time. :yess:

If you hang around here long enough...

52 pages, what do you...

Yet you keep coming back.

If I'm getting annoyed whilst reading a thread I'd stop reading said thread.
It's like people who complain about online bullying, who'd of thought computers and phones had a switch off function.

Yet you keep coming back.

If I'm getting annoyed whilst reading a thread I'd stop reading said thread.
It's like people who complain about online bullying, who'd of thought computers and phones had a switch off function.

I posted my first post in over a year this week, I quickly realised it's the same old ********. It's not that I'm annoyed, I think it's hilarious you guy's say the same **** every statue - they will tweak it - no they ****ing wont. They will straighten up the leg armour and that's your lot.

You'll all buy it anyway, which is the real tragedy.

Bye. If you are a mod, feel welcome to ban me for my extreme views.

Take a look in the Godzilla Statue thread.

There were concerns after the Maquette paint job but since shipping there's been nothing but praise for Sideshow.

As previously said, they get plenty of praise where due.

I posted my first post in over a year this week, I quickly realised it's the same old ********. It's not that I'm annoyed, I think it's hilarious you guy's say the same **** every statue - they will tweak it - no they ****ing wont. They will straighten up the leg armour and that's your lot.

Thanks for telling us what we will do and what we should say about a piece. I would hate to see what do you do when a real "tragedy" comes your way. Fake drama is annoying.

"extreme views"?... :lol

a89bfa73f71455dc86d7f06bb57dfca3.png

Its so much fun talking n waiting for these pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd prefer swap out portraits (masked and unmasked) as opposed to a portrait with a removable helmet just as the P2 has with a display stand for the unused portrait. I think that's what it will have too.

When should we expect the release date to come up? late 2017? around July or September time? so enough time to perhaps tweak this piece, the endo maquette is a late 207 release date, so would expect it around that time to sort out the minor details before sideshow gives the green light for the pre-order

Yeah - I'd guess Sideshow would give an initial date of Sept-Nov 2017, which will then get pushed back once or twice (by 2-4 months) due to production issues.

You must be fixating on some posts more than others - there's maybe 2 or 3 people who have been naive enough to think Sideshow will adjust anything major.

As you say - the only thing we stand a chance on getting fixed is the position of the thigh armour.

Confused by this bit "You'll all buy it anyway, which is the real tragedy." - you indicated YOU were getting it?

In several shots you can see a hole on the leg where I believe the armor is supposed to key/slot into. I'm betting it must've just come loose or wasn't assembled correctly at the con. I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding the armor

In several shots you can see a hole on the leg where I believe the armor is supposed to key/slot into. I'm betting it must've just come loose or wasn't assembled correctly at the con. I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding the armor

That's my guess/hope as well.

The paintwork seems to suggest that too.

. . . What hole on the leg? The white mark?

Yeah - looked like it MAY have been a small retention peg OR maybe a dab of glue.

Just hoping that either the armour wasn't secured properly, fell off and was put back incorrectly OR maybe a spot under where the armour was placed got damaged in transit and they figured it was a way of hiding the damage.

Of course, this is starting to sound like an episode of the X-Files, and it's quite possible Sideshow simply screwed this up :)

Regardless - fingers crossed for fix/adjustment.

protectedimage.php

I originally thought it was a hole, but upon closer inspection it looks like it might be a peg of some sort. Maybe it's nothing more than a paint blemish, but given how off the armor is and the fact that this spot is in pretty much the exact spot you would expect the armor to be makes me think it is some type of attachment point.

35ini9w.jpg

2vto3kl.jpg

I believe Mulder finally found what he was looking for in that episode ;) The leg armour will be altered I'm sure.

That white dot isn't a peg hole however, they are huge and deep. That is just a nick it picked up on its travels I imagine.

Back