NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2345a40c8e769381c83de7393683d277.png

Wondering what is that in the pic shared earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea of a removable bio with fully painted head underneath sounds cool in theory but yeah, too many concerns of bent and broken quills come into question. Provided he actually has quills. Not to mention the risk of scratching paint. But the idea of a removable mask which you then have to plug the mandibles into the face seems to defeat the purpose a little. Unless there was a scene in the movie where the Predator put his own teeth in after removing his mask.

They can avoid broken quills by using a rubber material for them. I think it might work. I would really love a removable mask/helm.

If the body was more bulky it wouldn't look so out of proportion.

I think there is always time to sort out the body sculpt, since this is the prototype. I am hoping they look at the feedback, go back on their sculpt bulk him up, before even putting him up for pre-order, since I cannot see this piece getting a release until late 2017, could be wrong. It gives them time to look at the body again and beef it up which I hope they do, its one tweak away from a must have predator statue, which it is either way. I am getting it anyway since overall I am still satisfied enough with the piece, but a tweak in the body sculpt would be fantastic

I think there is always time to sort out the body sculpt, since this is the prototype. I am hoping they look at the feedback, go back on their sculpt bulk him up

That isn't so much a fix as an entirely new sculpt. It won't happen. We can probably expect is the armour to be moved at least I think.

That isn't so much a fix as an entirely new sculpt. It won't happen. We can probably expect is the armour to be moved at least I think.

It probably won't, still for me the issues with the jungle hunter are not nearly has much as the city hunter, while I feel the body is a bit thin its not a full out deal breaker I want this piece since I feel what I have seen screams of the creature coming out of the screen in 1/4 scale, maybe later later down the line I may pick up the city hunter to put these 2 together along with dutch, since I love both P1 and P2. I feel has we get more production photo's has the pre-order comes into play, we will see how this guy looks has the final product.

I think the most sensible option at this point is to wait to see the final product and details. I can say though for certainty that any re-sculpting is completely off the table considering it's not even that bad.

I think there is always time to sort out the body sculpt, since this is the prototype. I am hoping they look at the feedback, go back on their sculpt bulk him up, before even putting him up for pre-order, since I cannot see this piece getting a release until late 2017, could be wrong. It gives them time to look at the body again and beef it up which I hope they do, its one tweak away from a must have predator statue, which it is either way. I am getting it anyway since overall I am still satisfied enough with the piece, but a tweak in the body sculpt would be fantastic

This is why I wish that they would adopt the XM practice of showing unfinished/unpainted prototypes to gauge the response and gather feedback.

Last edited:
Most people will criticize this piece, me too, but will eventually end up buying it anyway (and do a custom) like what happened to P2.
If only Narin actually created P1 statue that was bigger than 1/6. I still kept his "encounter" statue to this day as one of the best representation. I remember he (was one of the stuff?) who built custom P2 1/1 like decades ago? Sad to see his bigger project got froze though.

I think the most sensible option at this point is to wait to see the final product and details. I can say though for certainty that any re-sculpting is completely off the table considering it's not even that bad.

That's the only option right now. Laying it out there won't stop people from sharing opinions, comments and others complaining if that's what you thought.

This is why I wish that they would adopt the XM practice of showing unfinished/unpainted prototypes to gauge the response and gather feedback.

I don't think much customisation is needed for the JH, since overall the piece still looks great. Yeah I do wish they would do that, but we have to hope the official release turns out better than we expect, still I love this piece though

Back