NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me all the people saying they won't buy it because it has a few flaws will. If you don't believe me just check the Predator 2 Maquette thread. Lol this is normal guys don't worry just some critiquing. Raf will fix it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me all the people saying they won't buy it because it has a few flaws will. If you don't believe me just check the Predator 2 Maquette thread. Lol this is normal guys don't worry just some critiquing. Raf will fix it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of those people got it when they blew them out for a big discount to give it a chance and help pay for much needed mods.

A lot of those people got it when they blew them out for a big discount to give it a chance and help pay for much needed mods.

Yea but that discount was that much just 200 off bro. It was talk about just like this one and the only Mods most did was quills and nothing else. This will be talked about until its in hand minus delays and maybe another discount but it will be purchased. I hope i can get the discount on this im not hating lol

I couldnt agree with you more firefly76. Everyone bags it out and says this is wrong that is wrong. There is a simple solution dont buy it. Ill def be buying it and the Wolf lsb.

I had no intention of buying it. Finding the 20% off was enough incentive.
Money I saved paid for Rafa to make it look much better and now I'm glad I got one. Love it!

Yea but that discount was that much just 200 off bro. It was talk about just like this one and the only Mods most did was quills and nothing else. This will be talked about until its in hand minus delays and maybe another discount but it will be purchased. I hope i can get the discount on this im not hating lol

It was almost $250, not a small chunk and enough for some to overlook the flaws. Quills were the easiest of the fixes needed, but there were major problems otherwise. I was going to mod one, but in the end the super flat cheap decal/paint finish on the body under the netting which is inaccessible to repaint turned me off to the whole project so I ended up selling it.

This P1 seems a lot better already than the P2 effort, but had they put just a bit more effort into it they could have nailed it. A lot will be forgiven if that unmasked head looks good and fits the body.

If the body was more bulky it wouldn't look so out of proportion.

Exactly.

qCWHwCd.gif

So this is what I think happened with the oversized head, I could be wrong but I believe my theory makes sense.

The preview pictures show the mandibles being attached and detached with a male/female peg. there is a good chance this is the same way that the helmet attached to the unmasked face. So you want to display unmasked? Simply detach the helmet and plug the mandibles into the female peg. You want to display the masked head? Unplug the mandible section and plug in the helmet. ONE HEAD for masked / unmasked.

I believe this is why the masked head looks oversized because it would have to account for the facial features like the brow, cheeks and mouth area.

The only other Predator collectible that had this as the Kotobukiya Predator 2 crouching Art/fx snap together model. It followed the same concept on head masked/unmasked remove the mandibles for masked. I really like that statue for being a cheap plastic snap together statue.

14973wh.jpg

11qk7ld.jpg

Last edited:
So this is what I think happened with the oversized head, I could be wrong but I believe my theory makes sense.

The preview pictures show the mandibles being attached and detached with a male/female peg. there is a good chance this is the same way that the helmet attached to the unmasked face. So you want to display unmasked? Simply detach the helmet and plug the mandibles into the female peg. You want to display the masked head? Unplug the mandible section and plug in the helmet. ONE HEAD for masked / unmasked . . .

Nope - no way in hell would they leave a deliberate visible seam-line on a 1.2k+ 1/4 scale maquette.

Plus, as Col says, then the quills wouldn't work.

Back