NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted black mesh/material.

Okay thanks! That's not too bad. Hopefully this one will be the same at least in that area of detail. I was afraid they'd go with a flat matte paint job all these years later which would definitely scream cheaping out to me.

Finally found pics of my Neca Predator... As you can see I really thought a lot of the piece... Lack of true 1/4 was it's undoing for my collection.

View attachment 302985

I never actually saw this one before until now. I think that was a main reason I didn't touch any of Neca sculpts. No true 1/4 scale pieces, even though they looked amazing. But the pose is very nice in this one Jaws

No wonder mine is so stiff!

giphy.gif

I found this Steve marshall predator head...I think it is close. for me.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I just love the character but in no way a predexpert though.

yes, it is close because as a "living" creaure it would be able to move its mandibles whichever way he wants, so for me, the mandibles are not fixed to a position.

I mean Scott Marshall of course. :)

The bust looks good. I don't why they painted his forehead like that though. :lol

The bust also shows the quills on the maquette are too thick.

They are probably worried they might break easily if too thin. Maybe they could have used a rubbery material for the thinner quills...that would solve the problem of breaking.

They are probably worried they might break easily if too thin. Maybe they could have used a rubbery material for the thinner quills...that would solve the problem of breaking.

Hot Toys didn't seem to have any issues with putting quills on their 1/6 Preds.

Sideshow's gonna Sideshow.

Back