NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you all will be super pleased to know that in less that 10 years you will probably be able to 3D print and auto paint just about any of this stuff we are spending a fortune on today. For close to nothing [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they do look good together there. I still maintain the Jungle Hunter looks good from many angles except straight on face forward.

Inflation has also happened in 10 years guys. If Sideshow wanted they could make a Predator Maquette that would blow the old one out of the water, but you wouldn't be paying 1200 bucks for it. You'd be paying closer to 2000.

The factories will produce statues as good as you want, as long as you're willing to pay. In other words, the more you're willing to pay, the better your statue will look.

Not gonna agree with that one mate - PRIME 1 seem to be delivering better quality for less cost.

Sideshow cheap out on factories, cheap out on materials, cheap out on QC, and will do anything to try to maximise their profit margin.

Seems to many of us that they only get business nowadays because they built a footprint and won't let licences go.

More pics from facebook..

The Question is.. Do I sell my P2 after I get my P1 (assuming I am happy with it)? They do look awfully similar due to pose... Of course I am going to have my P2 without mask and P1 with mask so that will help but pose is very close..

View attachment 391591View attachment 391592

Hell dude - NO !!!!

If you like them both why would you ?!?!?!?

They designed them to be displayed together, and it works well!

Col don’t even waste your breathe on nonsense. He clearly doesn’t know what his talking about.

Agreed.

There's a couple of folks that have been posting recently (here and on Statue Forum) where there's something "not quite right" with them. Either a little bit simple or bad "comicbookguy" impersonators if you know what I mean.

I added them to the blocked list - problem solved :lol

The Question is.. Do I sell my P2 after I get my P1 (assuming I am happy with it)? They do look awfully similar due to pose... Of course I am going to have my P2 without mask and P1 with mask so that will help but pose is very close..

The angle of the jungle hunter looks so impressive. Na keep both I say there, they look amazing together

That picture shows that he isn't too skinny... It's the oversized head making it look that way.

. . . Main thought though, look at that stoopid leg armour!

AND that plasma canon support - can't believe they added an extra screw-up during production!

(* oh, who am I kidding - it's Sideshow after all! *) :)

Not gonna agree with that one mate - PRIME 1 seem to be delivering better quality for less cost.

Sideshow cheap out on factories, cheap out on materials, cheap out on QC, and will do anything to try to maximise their profit margin.

Seems to many of us that they only get business nowadays because they built a footprint and won't let licences go.

Prime1 prices have been going up too.

Sideshow got the leg armor right on both legs of the City Hunter, so why couldn't they do the same for the Jungle Hunter? :slap

Its just that first photo I was thought it almost looked like they were looking in a mirror at each other :lol

I get what you are saying. Maybe settle on the phrase "they compliment one-another" :)

We all know companies have been designing pieces to have similar presentation / themes for ages - I seem to remember there was a batch of Spidey-related stuff from Sideshow not too long ago that worked quite well.

I think Sideshow did a good job "matching" these 2 Pred designs up "style-wise".

Narin's done it before too - love this trinity (young AVP-R Wolf, young P2 Elder, young AVP Elder) . . .

narin-predator2.jpg

narin-predator-back.jpg

narin-predator-mask-off.jpg

On point....as always :goodpost:

Prime 1 are not cheaper though, however they generally make larger scale pieces so you probably get more bang for your buck. They also have their own factories, so generally should have better QC.

They're also not immune to QC issues, or production pieces being lower quality in some cases. I know a lot of people weren't happy with the final paint job on the 1:2 scale Heath Ledger Joker statue, and some were repainting it, and it's a 2000 dollar statue.

Agree though, Sideshow do cheapen out sometimes unfortunately.

sideshow is a service , if u like there products buy it if you don't like it don't buy it , no point in bashing sideshow , like u buy it , u don't like don't buy it , I like predator maquette I buy it , if I didn't like it I don't buy it

keep it if u like , don't keep it if u don't like very easy

100 per cent agree all the above but at the end its very easy choice , like u buy , don't like don't buy , no point in bashing sideshow or prime one
I never own any prime 1 statue cause of the price so I don't buy very easy choice for me
buy what u like and don't buy if u don't like
people who complain on here are the one that always end up buying , just buy if u like , don't buy if u don't like

I can't decide if I should post something on this thread
eusa_think.gif

Perhaps I should post if I want to, and don't post if I don't want to?
icon_idea.gif

book-complicated-life-notebook-photo-Favim.com-433806.jpg

Apologies - I didn't make that clear.

I didn't mean PRIME1 prices were going down, I meant that they seem to be delivering better quality than Sideshow for less cost than Sideshow.

I agree on ss their quality sucks, everything went down with quality and up in price. It has been a while since I bought anything from them. I am not a fan of ss over priced crap. This predator doesn't look that good, and pple saying it looks better than the original one is on crack period!!!

With respect, this is nonsense. We've seen what Sideshow can actually do when they inject a bit of love and passion into a project. Their recent Thanos for example is as good as any company could have made. Their Iron Giant maquette is superb! And prime 1 regularly make incredibly impressive, and very large statues for less than that amount of money and their production pieces match. I mean their Dog alien is pretty much perfect, it's 1/3 (huge!) and still only $250 more than this maquette. You are right however that Sideshow could be making much better Predators if they wanted to... So why not do it? $1300 is hardly pocket money. They showed with their Wolf LSB (prototype) that they can do good things with the license when they want to. The recent maquettes seem to be a love free side project sadly, they're just okay..

Here's the thing, I love Sideshow and I spend a fortune with them. But there are other players in town now and they mean business with the Alien & Predator licenses. Sideshow need to work hard to keep up. And I hope they can.

That Thanos was hallow, some guy dropped it and it was hallow inside that to me is unacceptable what kind of quality do we get from ss but a hallow toy. Just sad!!

That Thanos was hallow, some guy dropped it and it was hallow inside that to me is unacceptable what kind of quality do we get from ss but a hallow toy. Just sad!!

Most statues are hollow bud. It's to keep weight down. The Prime 1 half scale Superman is as thin as an egg shell and costs 2000 dollars, lol.

Back