New Popeye statue from Headplay Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice but 300 is way too much. I am hoping someone will do a 1/4 scale of popeye.

I'm still very happy with my 3 Electric tiki Popeyes as well and my Funko Bobbleheads. :)

I think the original $300.00 price quote is a typo. Monsters in Motion is also selling it at $200.00
Ordered one since I have the Custom Figure too.

There's something raw about the sculpt that I love. pre-ordered and paid. now the wait. funny thing is I wasn't looking to get a popeye statue and then this showed up.

There's something raw about the sculpt that I love. pre-ordered and paid. now the wait. funny thing is I wasn't looking to get a popeye statue and then this showed up.

Yeah that's how I feel too. I used to have a Mezco Popeye figure with fabric clothing, but I sold it off a while ago. I've wanted to include Popeye in my collection in some form, not sure I was thinking this would be it, but it's so unique I may get it.

I have no interest in buying it myself, but I gotta say, I quite like it.

Artistic re-imaginings like this are often a tricky beast to pull off successfully. They often tend to either go too far, and lose the spirit of the characters somewhere along the way, or else they don't go far enough, and just seem a bit pointless. But this one pretty much nails exactly what it set out to be. They done did good.

bad phone pic but an awesome piece to own so life like 10991242_10206050910137486_6152212106826594869_n.jpg

this is now easily one of my favourite statues in my collection. The paint application is amazing. the detail work on the the veins, the stubble on his head, the wrinkles, and all the tattoo decals have that aged appearance too, and he has a nice solid weight to him. Love it. He also comes with three different pipes. There is not one single mistake on this. LOVE!

Back