New pics of my (mostly) Universal Monsters display!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice, Bear. I was worried about ironing it because I don't want to damage it. I'll give it a shot with a cool iron.

Thanks for the advice, Bear. I was worried about ironing it because I don't want to damage it. I'll give it a shot with a cool iron.

I'd be worried too...

This is one of a number of concerns I have with the use of fabric on statues. What should one do should the fabric get stained, or start wrinkling and folding...? Have any of you actually ironed the fabric or cleaned them with any type of cleaning solution?

I'd be worried too...

This is one of a number of concerns I have with the use of fabric on statues. What should one do should the fabric get stained, or start wrinkling and folding...? Have any of you actually ironed the fabric or cleaned them with any type of cleaning solution?

When I first opened my pf, and saw all of those wrinkles in the cape, I thought "Aw crap--that's awful". I never ironed mine, but most of the folds and wrinkles have went away over the passage of time on their own.

I've never used any cleaning solution, but then again I have never spilled a cola on them or anything either.:D. I realize you are very cautious about buying them because of these scenerios you are playing out in your mind. But the best thing I can say to ease your fears about buying them is I have had mine since they were released, and they are all minty mint to this day.

The main one to worry about is the Mummy. Which, curiously enough, has no fabric involved. The problem with him being paint to paint contact with figure and sarcophagus. But that can be avoided with the sneaky placement of some fabric under his head and other contact areas. If you like them...buy them. They are great additions to the Universal Monsters line, and, imho your restraint thus far has been more than enough to no longer consider your purchases as impulse buys.

One thing to take into consideration is...none of this junk is going to last forever. We aren't either. Get some stuff you like, take the best care of it you can and enjoy it. The Universal Monster pfs are some of the best monster items in my (huge!) collection. Because I never thought they would ever get treated with such respect and admiration by a high end collectibles company,as they have been by Sideshow. Do yourself a favor...own them. You will not regret it.:banana:banana

When I first opened my pf, and saw all of those wrinkles in the cape, I thought "Aw crap--that's awful". I never ironed mine, but most of the folds and wrinkles have went away over the passage of time on their own.

I've never used any cleaning solution, but then again I have never spilled a cola on them or anything either.:D. I realize you are very cautious about buying them because of these scenerios you are playing out in your mind. But the best thing I can say to ease your fears about buying them is I have had mine since they were released, and they are all minty mint to this day.

The main one to worry about is the Mummy. Which, curiously enough, has no fabric involved. The problem with him being paint to paint contact with figure and sarcophagus. But that can be avoided with the sneaky placement of some fabric under his head and other contact areas. If you like them...buy them. They are great additions to the Universal Monsters line, and, imho your restraint thus far has been more than enough to no longer consider your purchases as impulse buys.

One thing to take into consideration is...none of this junk is going to last forever. We aren't either. Get some stuff you like, take the best care of it you can and enjoy it. The Universal Monster pfs are some of the best monster items in my (huge!) collection. Because I never thought they would ever get treated with such respect and admiration by a high end collectibles company,as they have been by Sideshow. Do yourself a favor...own them. You will not regret it.:banana:banana

Yeah, I know. I sound concerned.

Presently, I have about 300 statues, busts, and movie replica/props. I've been buying for ages. I'm certainly not new to the hobby. However, I don't have a single piece which features fabric so I'm definitely a newbie there. That being said, my Creature PF looks awful lonely... lol.

I think I'll buy the Nosferatu first.

:)

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I sound concerned.

Presently, I have about 300 statues, busts, and movie replica/props. I've been buying for ages. I'm certainly not new to the hobby. However, I don't have a single piece which features fabric so I'm definitely a newbie there. That being said, my Creature PF looks awful lonely... lol.

I think I'll buy the Nosferatu first.

:)

I would steer you towards Wolfman first...hint hint. There is a movie coming next month which might remind moviegoers of the original.:naughty

Back