New Pics 12/13/11!! -Set#2 Crazy Owners Samurai Sets coming!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're more than welcome!

I had decided to start looking into finding a shirt right away that might match, but I wasn't having any luck. So I decided to fall back on that thing that so many people say we men just don't do... I asked! Looks like asking DOES work now and then! :lol

still waiting the news of the ( armour version ) ...anyone got any news yet?

The Samurai set is to be released in March. The Victorian Suit set in late March according to Cotswold Collectibles! No update regarding the Armour set as of yet!

I am not sure why they think the majority of us want to buy figures of a stupid actor in a Eurocentric, but enjoyable film. Should have made a figure that accurately represented a samurai, a Japanese man with chonmage hair, rather than making a Tom Cruise!

The Victorian figure is good though, but should have been released to the western range that CO are doing instead of them constantly releasing clothing with his head. The new kamishimo is good (it is a more iconic colouration, grey with a black kimono) but why include Tom Cruise's stupid head instead of say Nakadai, Rentaro Mikuni, Mifune etc? Such a waste.

And they should probably expand out of the colour pallet they always use. Green, blue, grey, black and brown are nice, but flowery kimonos in bright colours were more common than plain ones. And they commonly wore Hapi coats, carried fans and had all sorts of hats.

I do not care about armoured samurai as DID and SEA International made them anyway, but I think that the perfect samurai figure has not been made. Th perfect samurai would look like these:

e0071178_602035.jpg

Samurai_warrior_0.jpg

SwordofDesperation2.jpg

And while we are at it, why not make a kunoichi that can double as a normal lady? In Edo-era Japan, women were better dressed than the men, arguably.

Back