New painting I started Today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-A-Tron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought you guys might get a kick out of the painting I started today. It's got a long way to go but I think you'll get the gist. :)

jasonwip_2_by_cenobyte1-d486k21.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys. I hope to have it finished by this coming weekend. I'll post a picture in the thread once it's done.

As for what I use , this and most my other paintings are done with Daler-Rowney Cryla Heavy Body Artists' Acrylics.

Looks great! It's nice to see someone do a painting with actual paint, and not just digitally.

Nice work on the mask - looks nicely weathered with some very realistic translucents. Are you using glazes to achieve the effect?

Nice work on the mask - looks nicely weathered with some very realistic translucents. Are you using glazes to achieve the effect?

No actually I'm just using Vandyke Brown mixed with titanium white on the mask, with a smidge of crimson and then I blend from shadow to light source and pray it doesn't dry too fast. I probably will be varnishing this with a matte though.

Back