New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those are the palisades ones that were out a while back. They weren't the best but there were like 4 pit ashes for every 12 cases of figures. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but really, I'm not.

Neca already did AoD, the Medievil Ash and S-Mart Ash both easily hold up sculpt wise to the current stuff they are releasing, they just don't have articulation in the legs, but the bases they come with make that a very minor issue at best.

I know NECA did those as part of their "Movie Characters" (or whatever it was called) line, but it'd be nice to see a full AoD line similiar to what we have so far with ED2.

As for Palisades, they were nice for their time, but don't hold up as well now. Literally, they don't hold up - most break due to fragile, brittle plastic.

Mcbenzi, Thanks for sharing that tidbit from NECA. I'd LOVE to see them work out getting an Evil Ed out, that would absolutely make the collection. A Rotten Apple Head would be nice, but not a deal-breaker if it doesn't happen - it's got less appeal than Henrietta for general collectors. I'm sure they could work out ONE more figure for a Series 3, and Evil Ed.

Mcbenzi, Thanks for sharing that tidbit from NECA. I'd LOVE to see them work out getting an Evil Ed out, that would absolutely make the collection. A Rotten Apple Head would be nice, but not a deal-breaker if it doesn't happen - it's got less appeal than Henrietta for general collectors. I'm sure they could work out ONE more figure for a Series 3, and Evil Ed.

Yes do what he said :lecture

Went to my TRU and they had three of each; Can't believe they did Henrietta, but how awesome. Also very impressed with the accessory choices for each of the six figures in these two waves. Awesome stuff.......didn't think the snake neck/head part would fit on the Henrietta body, so that pic looks awesome.

Would love it if they did a wave 3 and zombified Nancy was included; that's fanboy wishful thinking right there

I thought there was 4, plus the SDCC 2012 exclusive? :dunno

Wanted to make sure I'm not missing out. :lol

I own him.:yess:
I was lucky enough to preorder series 2 early through Time & Space Toys, and when Palisades announced the stupid case numbers and how rare Ash would be, they arranged so that everyone who had preordered would get exactly what they had originally wanted to buy. I have no idea how many preorders they had..but I have got to imagine it was a big undertaking for them and it had to have been expensive and wasteful to insure they had enough Ashes to go around. But I've always been very thankful to them for that.

But the story has a sad ending. At some point, shortly before I moved, I lost Pit Ash's chanisaw. :horror Of all the accessories in my collection to lose, it had to be that one. I had him and a couple others displayed on top of the TV and he fell off one day. There were only so many places the saw could've gone but I never managed to find it. Since then, yeah, the figures don't hold up quite as well, though I still think they're pretty impressive for the scale. The chainsaw isn't terribly detailed and I've thought I could probably cobble together my own. But it still stings and sends a tiny dagger into my heart whenever I see poor Ash with his lonely stump.

I grabbed a set of the Neca Evil Dead figures at Toys R Us the other day and somebody smashed them up pretty bad. I wanted to grab a set to hang on my wall but they were so beat up that it was pointless.

I was lucky enough to preorder series 2 early through Time & Space Toys, and when Palisades announced the stupid case numbers and how rare Ash would be, they arranged so that everyone who had preordered would get exactly what they had originally wanted to buy. I have no idea how many preorders they had..but I have got to imagine it was a big undertaking for them and it had to have been expensive and wasteful to insure they had enough Ashes to go around. But I've always been very thankful to them for that.

But the story has a sad ending. At some point, shortly before I moved, I lost Pit Ash's chanisaw. :horror Of all the accessories in my collection to lose, it had to be that one. I had him and a couple others displayed on top of the TV and he fell off one day. There were only so many places the saw could've gone but I never managed to find it. Since then, yeah, the figures don't hold up quite as well, though I still think they're pretty impressive for the scale. The chainsaw isn't terribly detailed and I've thought I could probably cobble together my own. But it still stings and sends a tiny dagger into my heart whenever I see poor Ash with his lonely stump.

Palisades was always putting the fans and customers # 1. I own the majority of their Muppets line, and if anything was broken, they'd replace it, etc. They were an amazing company. I have even talked to Ken Lilley, the guy who made the vast majority of it happen, nice guy. But, over time, some of their paints have gotten sticky, pieces have crumbled, so I feel the pain. :lol

Wish companies still cared like Palisades did though.

I really hope we get at least an Evil Ed before this is finished, it would really make the line feel complete to me. I haven't bought NECA figures in a while, but was very impressed with this line. The accessories are really great too, I'm really contemplating making a little cabin dio for them.

Palisades was always putting the fans and customers # 1. I own the majority of their Muppets line, and if anything was broken, they'd replace it, etc. They were an amazing company. I have even talked to Ken Lilley, the guy who made the vast majority of it happen, nice guy. But, over time, some of their paints have gotten sticky, pieces have crumbled, so I feel the pain. :lol

Oh yeah, I certainly don't want to come off like I was bad mouthing Palisades too badly...yeah, the case assortment was stupid, but they were in really dire straights at that time and were doing all they could to get people to buy product. I really miss Palisades, though I guess in the end it was the level they cared and amount of devotion they had for fans and certain obscure properties, at the expense of good business moves, that finally did them in. I'm sure they would've replaced the chainsaw if my accident hadn't happened after they went, or were in the process of going, under.

Ken lilly is a Class Act

awesome to talk to and he personally helped me get the biggest GRAIL of the Muppets line

Oh yeah, I certainly don't want to come off like I was bad mouthing Palisades too badly...yeah, the case assortment was stupid, but they were in really dire straights at that time and were doing all they could to get people to buy product. I really miss Palisades, though I guess in the end it was the level they cared and amount of devotion they had for fans and certain obscure properties, at the expense of good business moves, that finally did them in. I'm sure they would've replaced the chainsaw if my accident hadn't happened after they went, or were in the process of going, under.

I didn't think you were bad mouthing them, just going with you on how great they were. :hi5:

Ken lilly is a Class Act

awesome to talk to and he personally helped me get the biggest GRAIL of the Muppets line

Let me guess... Wedding set? :pfft: :lol

https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Unmade_Palisades_Toys :(:(:(

Those Sesame Street figures were a dream come true... Also wish they would've gone further with their Adult Swim figures.

I was disappointed with there AoD Series 2 figures though. I get why they did what they did, but it turned me off from buying any.

Every single bit of that link youi posted and what was planned, is an absolute shame :(

the mentionables of those remaining muppets series and those series 1 and 2 seasame street figures...very sad we'll never see a bert,Ernie,the count,cookie monster in amazing palisade detail

Yeah, it's a real shame. Ken actually has a eBay account, and posts the prototypes up for sale from time to time. So, if you've got $5,000 laying around, you can get one. :lol

Keep staring at Hero Ash and have been convinced he could be a bit better with some paint work. Like it's been mentioned before the eyebrows are often an issue, one of mine was painted too high and makes him look sort of like he's suffered some brain injury, his expression and emotion is damaged by that stray eyebrow. And also mentioned, I think he'd look better and more badass if the eyes were looking upward, half hidden by the lid. I thought I'd try a Photoshop test and see what it looked like and, indeed, it looks much cooler. And even with the same sculpt, the feel of the head totally changes. I also softened the eyeliner look by painting the rims a deep red, more flesh-like/less makeup-ish.

heroashmockup1.jpg
heroashmockup2.jpg

I think it'd be a quick job, except the eyebrow...I'd have to repaint the head, possible the whole head from scratch to make it look consistent, trying to match the skin color of the rest of the body...so that could be a challenge. But I think it'll be worth it.

The majority of them have both eyebrows painted above the sculpted brows. Some more than others. It should be a simple fix. Just have to mix the right colors to keep the paint consistent. I'm going to give it a shot as soon as I get the time to go and track down some testors paint.

Back