Premium Format New Mystique Premium Format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will come down to whether there is an exclusive portrait and how it looks. I like the XM pose and portrait XM portrait, but there isn't a short hair version and I'm not crazy about the pinstripes. Plus it probably won't hold its value in the secondary. I am planning to get the XM Cyclops, Gambit and Professor X in Shi'ar chair.

Yes, there actually is.

No alternate portrait. Switch out x-23 claw/arm ex.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
7d2eca5f1a701382fb4f3d5564c812a9.jpg
7385a1d284988c64e79030eb7caceb8a.jpg
849955b935a44542a14de067875a0f9f.jpg

Wow! For those that didn't like this short hair portrait, no change of head is a big blow. I don't collect villains so I'm not getting either but I think the XM version just took the lead for a lot of folks.

the claw is very cool, but no long hair portrait is a YUGE miss on this IMO.

Easy pass for me. Will get XM Mystique prefer the switch out’s on that one better. Very disappointing from Sideshow smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy pass for me. Will get XM Mystique prefer the switch out’s on that one better. Very disappointing from Sideshow smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup with you there. Royally pissed off at this offering. I'm fearful of the rest of the X-Women pieces.

Yea i gotta say i think this is a pass for me.. i’ll take the money i’m saving on this and put it towards an XM piece

Well seeing new pictures today I do like it a lot more, yeah it's a bit disappointing not having a long haired version but I would much rather the EX than not. In this case I don't think I will P.O. and wait and see.

Disappointed that an alternate long-haired COH was not included with the EX. I might be in the minority, but I still like her, tho.

It's just that it may not be as urgent anymore that I get her right away. I think I'll bide my time and see how good the next X-Lady will be first. Then maybe order her then.

From the creators that brought you muscle babe in green over in the DC world, we present muscle babe in blue. This is disappointing and I will not buy it. The face looks like a dude and I'm not understanding the over muscled backs on recent female statues. Rigid awkward looking hair blowing in the wind, check. Switch outs could have been better. A second female headsculpt and an option of not displaying her with revolvers would have been nice. Classically inspired Mystique should be long, acrobatic and elegant looking-not a stocky powerhouse. I want something close to a classic Mystique in 1/4 but this is not my Mystique. Easy pass.

It looks like a lot of people's educated guess on the Ex were dead wrong on this piece.

So many people were taking it for a near guarantee and were spreading it across the two forums.

In my opinion they need to change how they market these pieces, whereby they release a few photos of the piece, but hold off on releasing any of the Exclusive attachments etc. This might help to the increase the positive reception of the piece with a good to great Ex, and lead to more preorders when the time comes. But in my opinion the worst case can happen whereby rather than improving the situation, you can totally destroy any goodwill the piece has with a bad to lacklustre Ex.

Take this example. From day one everyone here got it in their heads that there would be a long haired change of head just because of the promo teaser. Which wasn't the most illogical assumption and should've been expected by their marketing department. Now we had people believing and convincing others who may have been satisfied, that a coh is the only way to go with this piece. Now with it not happening I believe Sideshow will receive a much, much lower preorder count than otherwise would have been the case if they had just released the Ex photos right from the beginning.

Back