Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just fired off a question to SS. Hopefully SS doesn't consider the question too tough to answer and hopefully we won't have to wait 3 month's for that answer. :monkey3

Question : "Sideshow, most LOTR collectors are thrilled by this announcement concerning your new 1/6 scale maquette line. But they are also concerned that some of your resources will be diverted from the PF, dio. or LSB lines as a result. Would you care to comment on these concerns?
Secondly, the conceptual art for these maquettes looks amazing, but I couldn't help but notice there were no "bad guys". Can we expect a full range of baddies as well?"

Sounds solid to me woodsy. Although I do appreciate the break from villains atm, how many orcs do we really need in light of non-produced heroes. Not that we've seen any yet...lol

I think they're scaling down due to the sucky economy and are making more affordable figures to go with the hit we've all taken to our wallets.

They better not drop the PF line. Then again if they did, that may be the cure for my SS collecting craze. I'd be plenty mad.

Sounds solid to me woodsy. Although I do appreciate the break from villains atm, how many orcs do we really need in light of non-produced heroes. Not that we've seen any yet...lol

No doubt we definitely need to see Faramir, Eomer, Denethor [Ok, he's not really a good guy :lol], Haldir, etc...., but I won't turn down some Orc's and Uruks when the opportunity arises. :D

I think they're scaling down due to the sucky economy and are making more affordable figures to go with the hit we've all taken to our wallets.

They better not drop the PF line. Then again if they did, that may be the cure for my SS collecting craze. I'd be plenty mad.

Based on todays Q & A I don't see any indication that SS's PF line is going anywhere. Any way you slice it, it is SS's most popular LOTR line.

Question : When will the Lord of the Rings Premium Format dry spell end and who will it feature?

Answer : Hopefully, you have Legolas in hand now, and you’ve locked your pre-order on Gandalf? We’re currently in development on several other PF LOTR figures, and we have a whole new line to tell you about today! [Watch the Inside Look Video Announcement]

Question : Any chance to see a King Of The Dead Premium Format figure?

Answer : He does seem to be a good candidate, doesn’t he?

Question : Excellent news on the Ringwraith Premium format figure and now a possible Gandalf the Grey PF??? With money getting tight for a lot of people and collecting having to take a bit of a back seat to other less important things like bills, mortgage, food etc, could Sideshow PLEASE confirm one way or another if the Fellowship is to be completed in the PF line for LOTR? If not, who is least likely to make the cut and why? A detailed answer may help to answer more questions than it will undoubtedly generate (I hope!).

Answer : Please ask the majority of your fellow collectors if they would truly be interested in owning Premium Format figures of Samwise, Merry and Pippin. If the answer is yes, then you’re likely to see the full Fellowship represented in due time. Unfortunately, the hobbits, for whatever reason, do not seem to have the same appeal as other characters in collectible form, although we too wish it were otherwise. Similar to our approach with Marvel, characters of less popularity need to be mixed with more popular characters to best balance the line. So, if the line is able to continue long enough, all things are possible!

I just fired off a question to SS. Hopefully SS doesn't consider the question too tough to answer and hopefully we won't have to wait 3 month's for that answer. :monkey3

Question : "Sideshow, most LOTR collectors are thrilled by this announcement concerning your new 1/6 scale maquette line. But they are also concerned that some of your resources will be diverted from the PF, dio. or LSB lines as a result. Would you care to comment on these concerns?
Secondly, the conceptual art for these maquettes looks amazing, but I couldn't help but notice there were no "bad guys". Can we expect a full range of baddies as well?"

I sent SS almost the same question today (great minds and all that)! I also asked if we'll be getting lower profile characters like Eomer, High Elven Warrior, Easterling Soldier, Faramir, Gondorian Fountain Guard, etc. Here's hoping we all hear something soon.

I had the same take on this - offering customers an option that's more affordable. The problem will be if SS begins popping them out so fast that it ends up being the same problem (4 maquettes/year @ average $225 versus 2 PFs/year @ $300). Of course, we'll be so caught up in the LOTR goodness that we won't notice......WAIT A MINUTE :horror. So that's what they're up to - those sneaky dogs! :naughty

I can see these being cranked out like the Dino Pieces. Nothing but poly and paint means faster production.

I also think they'll be released quite quickly with not a lot of time between releases.

Perhaps I should start a new poll thread, and I might be alone in this; but would you have wanted to see the more neglected characters announced first as opposed to the oft-seen Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf?

:dunno

Don't they get those out pretty fast?

The time between pre-order and release is pretty fast, esp. with the LSB's. The problem is....where are the pre-orders? :confused: There's only one current dio. yet to be released [KOTD dio.], and not a single LSB. A fast turn around time between pre-order and release doesn't really mean much if there's nothing to order in the 1st place. :(

If only they would make a 1/3 scale Gandalf....oh well. Looks nice.

The time between pre-order and release is pretty fast, esp. with the LSB's. The problem is....where are the pre-orders? :confused: There's only one current dio. yet to be released [KOTD dio.], and not a single LSB. A fast turn around time between pre-order and release doesn't really mean much if there's nothing to order in the 1st place. :(

Yeah, it seems that the KOTD dio was released ages ago. I think everything is suffering to a certain extant. I think I have typed this 100 times today but only time will tell where these lines will go. With the addition of this new maquette line that is a total of four(?) lines total. It is almost inevitable that SW will get the maquette treatment as well which just means more competition. I really do hope though that sidehow does not spread themselves to thin, sort of stretched, like butter, scraped over too much bread.

If only they would make a 1/3 scale Gandalf....oh well. Looks nice.

I'm afraid your only hope for a Gandalf in that scale is a Cinemaquette version. I just don't see alot of interest in a $2000 Gandalf at the moment, esp. after that cro-magnon Aragorn they produced. :monkey3

Yeah, it seems that the KOTD dio was released ages ago. I think everything is suffering to a certain extant. I think I have typed this 100 times today but only time will tell where these lines will go. With the addition of this new maquette line that is a total of four(?) lines total. It is almost inevitable that SW will get the maquette treatment as well which just means more competition. I really do hope though that sidehow does not spread themselves to thin, sort of stretched, like butter, scraped over too much bread.

Definitely something to be concerned about. SS getting rid of their SW and Marvel lines would certainly take care of that problem though.....just a thought :lol :monkey3

Back