New Kenshin series & Live-Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the did confirm he will be in it.. he is the bottom actor displayed above..

I'm with you there.. Aoshi was cool..

Well actually, I am already greatful to here confirmation on the characters they have already announced

My other favourite apart from shishio and saito, is Soujiro.. however they want to make a series of movies, so I'd imagine if this movie is a success (which they are really aiming for), the next movie will be kyoto arc (drool icon x 1000 :D).. I think we'll be suprised how closely this follows the manga.. my guess is it will follow up until where Kenshin and Saito have that last fight, with flashbacks starring kenshin and saito too

Yeah if its a success I can see a trilogy. The first dealing with Saito and other Shinsengumi members like Udo while a sequel will be the Kyoto Arc and the third will be the Jinchu Arc with alot of flashbacks of Kenshin's days as The Battousai.

Yeah if its a success I can see a trilogy. The first dealing with Saito and other Shinsengumi members like Udo while a sequel will be the Kyoto Arc and the third will be the Jinchu Arc with alot of flashbacks of Kenshin's days as The Battousai.

I agree.. and yes they did mention the idea of a "trilogy".. how you've divided it is my guess as well, and i can see that happening

wow I'm excited..

Saito is one of my fav character in the series. Thanks for the update robotretro, really looking forward to this movie.

Saito is one of my fav character in the series. Thanks for the update robotretro, really looking forward to this movie.

No problems man, thanks for reading

It's also cool to discuss it/get it it out there

I am also highly anticipating it

Just some more info on the anime.. apprently it is not a series, sorry, but a two part OVA (though I believe they will be more lengthy than your typical OVA).

"According to ANN, it will depict the battle of Kenshin Himura and Makoto Shishio and will be told from the point of view of the Oniwabanshuu ninja Miso Makimachi. Most voice cast (Seiyuu) as well as the director will be the same as the old TV series, Animation by Studio Deen. It is a 2-part OVA movie and the first chapter is coming this December, leaving the BD/DVD release date unknown"

1293_seisohen.jpg

1293_kyoto.jpg

This whole re-visiting Kenshin thing could bring the franchise back to life though (in terms of future production).. The OVA should be amazing.

I'm lookin' forward in seeing this live action. :monkey1 Samurai X is my fave anime of all time. :lecture Hope they'll give justice in this film. :pray:

Just some more info on the anime.. apprently it is not a series, sorry, but a two part OVA (though I believe they will be more lengthy than your typical OVA).

"According to ANN, it will depict the battle of Kenshin Himura and Makoto Shishio and will be told from the point of view of the Oniwabanshuu ninja Miso Makimachi. Most voice cast (Seiyuu) as well as the director will be the same as the old TV series, Animation by Studio Deen. It is a 2-part OVA movie and the first chapter is coming this December, leaving the BD/DVD release date unknown"

1293_seisohen.jpg

1293_kyoto.jpg

This whole re-visiting Kenshin thing could bring the franchise back to life though (in terms of future production).. The OVA should be amazing.

I really hope that someday they go back and make the Jinchuu Arc. I love SX: Reflections but it didn't do Enishi any justice. Despite Kenshin/Samurai X being my fave animes, I never ended up finishing the series. I just couldn't get into the Christian Arc from the anime and I just stopped after a few eps.

I really hope that someday they go back and make the Jinchuu Arc. I love SX: Reflections but it didn't do Enishi any justice. Despite Kenshin/Samurai X being my fave animes, I never ended up finishing the series. I just couldn't get into the Christian Arc from the anime and I just stopped after a few eps.

Couldn't agree more

It's funny, I am in the same boat..

I loved the adaptation from the kyto arc immensely - the music composure, voice acting, etc -- but come the christian arc, i also couldn't get into it.. never actually finished it.. like you only watched a few eps..

It is funny though because I find kenshin such a beautiful series, but just couldn't find the heart to watch the last arc in the anime which never did follow the manga.. not to be a 'purist' either, but the kyto arc etc was amazing and I could watch them 10,000 times over.. but the last part, was just, something else - not kenshin in spirit..

but as we know this is because the anime caught up with the manga after kyoto and they had to make up original stories

That's also why i'd like to see them to the Jinchuu arc, give it the anime adaptation. In fact, that's what I first thought -- and was hoping -- when I heard the news of a new 'anime'

perhaps there will be enough exposure (again) for them to do it now

Couldn't agree more

It's funny, I am in the same boat..

I loved the adaptation from the kyto arc immensely - the music composure, voice acting, etc -- but come the christian arc, i also couldn't get into it.. never actually finished it.. like you only watched a few eps..

It is funny though because I find kenshin such a beautiful series, but just couldn't find the heart to watch the last arc in the anime which never did follow the manga.. not to be a 'purist' either, but the kyto arc etc was amazing and I could watch them 10,000 times over.. but the last part, was just, something else - not kenshin in spirit..

but as we know this is because the anime caught up with the manga after kyoto and they had to make up original stories

That's also why i'd like to see them to the Jinchuu arc, give it the anime adaptation. In fact, that's what I first thought -- and was hoping -- when I heard the news of a new 'anime'

perhaps there will be enough exposure (again) for them to do it now

I'm not a purist myself. Hell my 2nd fave anime is Trigun and it differs from the manga greatly. The problem with the Christian Arc was it felt like they were trying to hard to create a character that was more badass and more powerful than Shishio, Kenshin and even Hiko with Amakusa and they failed. Take Enishi for instance, I don't think he was created to try and 1 up Shishio, infact I'm sure Shishio could probably beat Enishi in a sword fight, what made Enishi able to go toe to toe with Kenshin was simply his absolute hatred for him and that his sword techniques were made specifically to counter the Hiten Mitsurugi.

wow, so Shishio will be in this one!? he was my favorite villain, bad azz mofo. i loved his fire/flaming techniques, like hellfire with that crazy scream of his. :lol
hk_shishio003.jpg

it was quite kinda hard to top shishio as a villain in the series IMO.

wow, so Shishio will be in this one!? he was my favorite villain, bad azz mofo. i loved his fire/flaming techniques, like hellfire with that crazy scream of his. :lol
hk_shishio003.jpg

it was quite kinda hard to top shishio as a villain in the series IMO.

Yep shishio will be in the anime

Shishio is cool but I love how he brought Soujiro up from a pup, still allowed him an innocent nature, but gave him pure power ("god speed") that no other creature could obtain if not manipulated from (early) childhood.. such an interesting character study..

"the strong shall live, the weak shall die -- it is the inevitable law of nature" - Soujiro

1229191128193_f.jpg

His fight with kenshin was my 2nd favourite only to Kenshin vs. Saito

Here is a trailer for Part 1 of the new anime:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STh1zljsEdU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Released in Japan December 17

the trailer could just be a re-run along that arc? :dunno
unless someone can translate and break it down for us.

I Cannot Wait for these to come over here (hoping they do). I love the series. The OVA's are probably my favorite though. The Blu-ray release that just came out I cannot afford at the moment however. Hopefully down the road though. I never tire if re-watching this particular anime!

A little tidbit about the LA movie: From Anime News Network

Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin's Principal Photography Ends
posted on 2011-12-06 23:45 EST
Hisashi Sasaki, deputy director of Shueisha's Shōnen Manga group, reported on Wednesday that shooting of the live-action film of Nobuhiro Watsuki's Rurouni Kenshin manga has ended. A "job well done party" was held on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
Back