New Hot Toys Joker Bank Robber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two heads, goon mask... implies 2 separate heads and a loose mask, hope so.

I really want a removeable mask, it would be more film accurate plus I think HT knows it would be cool for us to see him posed with mask in hand.

Yeah, I'm almost convinced now that HT will make a removeable mask to mirror the opening shot of TDK. Joker carrying mask in hand with duffel bag...

A sculpted mask head would be a bummer for me now...

I would have thought if they are saying 2 heads, one will have a the mask molded on.

I would have thought if they are saying 2 heads, one will have a the mask molded on.

Yeah, as Bank Robber Joker in TDK, you only see his face the one time. It's not like Joker in the rest of TDK, where his paint undergoes several different stages.

Yeah, as Bank Robber Joker in TDK, you only see his face the one time. It's not like Joker in the rest of TDK, where his paint undergoes several different stages.

Yes, but in the opening shot he is carrying the mask in his hand.

So, 2 heads, one w/ sculpted mask AND a loose goon mask?

Still think it would be cooler with removeable mask...

We should be seeing leaked shots of this soon now that Joker has shipped out..

Last edited:

Not necessarily, gotta approach it with a greedy eye.

Regular Joker has sold incredibly, enough to warrant a second run. HT knows now that people are really into it, so they're going to release a different one. Sure, some folks like all things Joker or maybe just like the bank robbery look, but those numbers aren't strong on their own. So now they think, hmmm, how do we get the swarms of people that bought the first figure to buy the second. The answer is an add in head, similar to the Wayne head. Left on it's own, I'd see this figure as mask head with slicked back hair and removable mask. Now they decide to throw in a second head because if it's done right, many with the first figure will be enticed to get this variation because it's not just another figure but offers a piece they can use with the first.

Yeah, I'm almost convinced now that HT will make a removeable mask to mirror the opening shot of TDK. Joker carrying mask in hand with duffel bag...

A sculpted mask head would be a bummer for me now...

I'm thinking that they'll provide a Sculpted Joker HS, then a sculpted Goon Mask HS but include a loose mask as more of an accessory then a costuming piece. Maximum posing options that way.....that'd be the two heads plus loose mask.

I'm thinking that they'll provide a Sculpted Joker HS, then a sculpted Goon Mask HS but include a loose mask as more of an accessory then a costuming piece. Maximum posing options that way.....that'd be the two heads plus loose mask.

thats what i thought!

Yeah, it sort of sounds like the deal but Howard Chan may have another trick up his sleeve... it just, to me, seems like a short cut to a more versatile figure, nothing cooler than a Joker with mask in hand that we could slip over his head. DC did it, why would HT cheap out when they want to out do it?

But it may indeed be the way they go...

Not necessarily, gotta approach it with a greedy eye.

Regular Joker has sold incredibly, enough to warrant a second run. HT knows now that people are really into it, so they're going to release a different one. Sure, some folks like all things Joker or maybe just like the bank robbery look, but those numbers aren't strong on their own. So now they think, hmmm, how do we get the swarms of people that bought the first figure to buy the second. The answer is an add in head, similar to the Wayne head. Left on it's own, I'd see this figure as mask head with slicked back hair and removable mask. Now they decide to throw in a second head because if it's done right, many with the first figure will be enticed to get this variation because it's not just another figure but offers a piece they can use with the first.

And if they do that..I'll be getting Bank Robber Joker.

Yeah, it sort of sounds like the deal but Howard Chan may have another trick up his sleeve... it just, to me, seems like a short cut to a more versatile figure, nothing cooler than a Joker with mask in hand that we could slip over his head. DC did it, why would HT cheap out when they want to out do it?

But it may indeed be the way they go...

DCD did a horrible job. HT may do it better, but it would probably turn out nicer if it was sculpted on. There are things to consider. The hair would be sculpted no doubt so the mask would have to fit over that. They could sculpt the hair flattened, but would it look good? Then you have the band to hold the mask on.

Anyone remember Cannibal Jack Sparrow? The one with the head everyone wanted the FIRST time?

I think that now that there is more reference available, they will revisit the headsculpt.

With all these places going PO, its only a matter of time before HT releases official images.

Anyone remember Cannibal Jack Sparrow? The one with the head everyone wanted the FIRST time?

I think that now that there is more reference available, they will revisit the headsculpt.

My thoughts exactly. The first Jack Sparrow figure sculpt was acceptable, just like the first Joker. But the second had two heads - one for the Cannibal look of the figure and a second head, that more or less, was meant to replace the first figure's head if desired. I think that is exactly what will happen with the Bank Robbery Joker. It would force people to buy both Jokers to make the "perfect" Joker.

I still argue that it'll be one sculpted Goon Mask face and one Joker face. Like Cannibal Jack Sparrow if you used the new Jack Sparrow head on the v1 then you had to display Cannibal Jack as Cannibal Jack, this will go that same route.

I still argue that it'll be one sculpted Goon Mask face and one Joker face. Like Cannibal Jack Sparrow if you used the new Jack Sparrow head on the v1 then you had to display Cannibal Jack as Cannibal Jack, this will go that same route.

Why though? Thats such a silly idea to make the mask un-removable.

Could it be that HT went back to the drawing board on this one? Is that why we're not seeing pictures? Or is it too late in the game for that to be a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back