New Hot Toys Aliens Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone buy one of the Aquatic Aliens from Resurrection. They had a big fin-like tail, right?

Last edited:
They're DEF gonna do more Aliens figs... :D
How do you know it's DEF? Or was it the voice in your head that told you that?

I dont think they'll be more. Do you really think the likes of Bishop or Frost will have that same collectability and awsomeness as the existing ones? Look how cheap Ripley (the lead) is going on eBay still. They could re-release but I highly doubt new figs.

Didn't they also recently say that they acquired the license for all of the Alien films including Aliens which they already had used at the time.
No, I dont think they did. They just simply meant they now have ALIEN, ALIEN 3 and A:R. Remember, their English not so great.
Would anyone buy one of the Aquatic Aliens from Resurrection. They had a big fin-like tail, right?
I would buy nothing that reminded me of A:R...except maybe a voodoo doll of Joss Weadon and Jean Pierre Jeanut. WTF were Fox thinking in hiring a director who couldn't even speak ^^^^ing English???!!! After Alien 3 was so well photographed I believe Fox just got overly-excited about the 4th film looking great too and as a result left the writing and story-direction to the sidelines.

Just bring me a Ripley in a Narcissus white space suit and a Giger Alien then I'll be happy.

Just bring me a Ripley in a Narcissus white space suit and a Giger Alien then I'll be happy.

Oh yeah! :banana Hopefully it will come out 3rd or 4th quarter. By then I should save up enought $$$. I had to cancel a couple of SSC due to lack of funds...:(

i would love a bald ripley and a narcissus white space suit ripley and even a christie from Alien resurrection.

I want a good Ripley sculpt. She's kind of the center of the first four movies, yet the offerings we've gotten have well..kind of sucked. A Ripley from Alien 1 and Alien 3 would be cool. I'm not the biggest Ripley fan mind you: I like her but felt her presence (especially in AR), kept the series from evolving. Either way though, we need a good Ripley figure. My personal vote right now would be for Alien 3, but that's because I just got the Dog Alien and want a Ripley to go with it.

If I could get ONE figure, it would be the Queen. I'm just suggesting if they continue to make more figures in general. Would also love Bishop. Or as some have suggested, Bald Ripley with damaged Bishop as her accessory. Would certainly help sell a bald chick :D

No, I dont think they did. They just simply meant they now have ALIEN, ALIEN 3 and A:R. Remember, their English not so great.QUOTE]

Here's the original post from the Hot Toys website:

Hot Toys granted all ALIEN movie licenses to bring you more collectibles

Why are we so keen on making ALIEN collectibles? Because we know you love the movies and crazy about Alien stuffs. Today, we're extremely excited to announce that Hot Toys has been granted ALL licenses of Alien movie (ALIEN, ALIENS, ALIEN3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION), and planning to bring you more and more collectibles from this classical movie of horror. The first one from our new line will be the two Nostromo Crew Members from ALIEN I. Check out their news by reading the next topic. Don't forget to come back to HotToys.com.hk for most updated news!

It's from February 2008, so things may have changed, but it seemed that Hot Toys had planned to continue to make more items from all of the four films. This at least leaves open the possibility for an improved, less breakable Aliens creature, Alien from the first film, and possibly the Queen.

Honestly though, none of us really know what they are going to do in the future. Hot Toys has surprised me again and again with some of the crazy, huge items they have created like the Tumbler and ED-209 as well as questionable ones like The Spirit figures.

Hot Toys has been granted ALL licenses of Alien movie (ALIEN, ALIENS, ALIEN3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION)
I think its easy to read too much in to that. They said they have "ALL" licenses cos they are simply bragging that they now have ALL and reminding us they already have part of the franchise's license. They mentioned Aliens in that sentence for completion's sake.

Its funny how whenerer we get these newsletters that we always find ourselves analysing what they said word for word to try and guess what they mean.

Last edited:
Well, my guess is that they will release the big chap from A L I E N to coincide with the 30th anniversary this year...I think we 'might' also see Lambert and Ripley in the blue and white spacesuits too. I sure hope so, I mean, they have the suits and gear molds from doing Kane and Dallas, and with a few tweaks, they'd just have to resize everything for the female body instead.

I sure hope they do, I'd really like to display Lambert with Dallas and Kane, and display Ripley in spacesuit with the big chap! :rock

As for the ALIENS line, I'm cool with Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Vasquez and Drake as the main releases of marines, and really glad I have them all (with custom heads and repaints! :D). I really only need the Queen to pose with Ripley in the power-loader. I want an ALIENS display that will be bigger and badder than the SS1/6 Jabba set-up with all his eventual minions. :naughty

I'd really like to display Lambert with Dallas and Kane, and display Ripley in spacesuit with the big chap!

This is what I have been waiting for as well. I'm a little miffed that the Dallas and Kane became hard items for Sideshow to move and that they trade for less in the after market already. I don't think I would ever part with them, and if I get at least Lambert and Ripley in their respective Space Suits, I will be one happy camper! The Giger Alien is sure to come, and will be icing on the cake!

:D

I think its easy to read too much in to that. They said they have "ALL" licenses cos they are simply bragging that they now have ALL and reminding us they already have part of the franchise's license. They mentioned Aliens in that sentence for completion's sake.

Its funny how whenerer we get these newsletters that we always find ourselves analysing what they said word for word to try and guess what they mean.

What I take away from that quote is exactly what it says; they have the rights to all of the Alien films. Anything after that is speculation on all of our parts as to whether they are not or are going to release any more. There's no way for me to know that they will produce more characters from the films, but it's still a possibility that exists.

Back