New Gorillaz album

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for Monday. Loved this band since the first album. The Japanese exclusive EP is rad too.

'Superfast Jellyfish' sounds ace.

Just finished listening to the album and it is great. There are some wtf moments, but overall it is excellent. Typically I don't gravitate towards singles, but Stylo is awesome. Not sure if I would have felt that way if I hadn't seen the video though - kick ass vid.

"Rap is what they do, Hip-Hop is the Music"
IllJedi

This is so true!!! This man opened my eyes to real Hiphop!! and its the SHAT!!! Deltron3030, Dilated People, Wutang, Redman, De La Sol, MF Doom, Pharoahe Monch, Genius/GZA & A Tribe Called Quest just to name a few!!!! you rock ill!!! :rock

Jose Listen to the man!!!

Thank goodness for open minded people! :duff :bow I'm glad you liked all the music I gave you! :rock

While Hip-Hop is my first love, I like all kinds of music. Classical, R&B, Rock, Jazz, you name it. I give everything it's fair shot, not just label it crap after thirty seconds.

De La Sould made you want to do a drive-by :confused:

Try Atmosphere, Black Milk, Blu & Exile, Blueprint, Brother Ali, Danger Doom, EMC, Fashawn, Fort Minor, Gang Starr, Little Brother, Lupe Fiasco, MF Doom, Madvillain, Masta Ace, Murs, Q-Tip, The Roots, Sean Price, Skyzoo, Talib Kwali, Tanya Morgan...

There's plenty more but those are the one's i can't think off off the top of my head.

Aww you guys are my new friends!! Ya'll LA cats forgot to mention Freestyle Fellowship and the Pharcyde! Haiku De Tat!, Living Legends, Zion-I. I went to "Rock the Bells" last year? 2 years ago? Cant remember but it was when Tribe reunited and so did the Pharcyde! That shti was AWESOME! :rock Oh and my Fav: ACEYALONE!

Aww you guys are my new friends!! Ya'll LA cats forgot to mention Freestyle Fellowship and the Pharcyde! Haiku De Tat!, Living Legends, Zion-I. I went to "Rock the Bells" last year? 2 years ago? Cant remember but it was when Tribe reunited and so did the Pharcyde! That shti was AWESOME! :rock Oh and my Fav: ACEYALONE!

Pharcyde :rock :rock :rock Havnt heard of Freestyle Fellowship or Haiku De Tat! but i think i've heard a few tracks from Living Legends and Zion I. Also remembered Static Selectah and Jake One. And of cource, Wu. Plenty of Wu-Tang.

Can't wait for March 30...

wumassacre-cover.jpg

Pharcyde :rock :rock :rock Havnt heard of Freestyle Fellowship or Haiku De Tat! but i think i've heard a few tracks from Living Legends and Zion I. Also remembered Static Selectah and Jake One. And of cource, Wu. Plenty of Wu-Tang.

Bizarre Ride II FTW!!!! :rock:rock:rock

bizzareride.jpg

Yea you should check out "Inner City Griots" by FF one of my fav all time albums.
FreestyleFellowship-IG.jpg

Haiku D'Etat has 2 members from FF, Aceyalone and Myka 9. More poetic in the music hence the name. Check it out if ya get a chance. Some of the newer Living Legends stuff is sometimes a mixbag but their older stuff was better. I just more listen to MURS' solo albums now and his side project (Felt) with Slug.

Yes and Wu-Tang clan. Grew up listening to "Enter the Wu-Tang" and "Liquid Swords". Classics! :chew Didnt' know they were releasing some new stuff, gonna check it out end of the month. :rock

De La Sould made you want to do a drive-by :confused:

Try Atmosphere, Danger Doom, Little Brother, MF Doom, Madvillain, Murs, The Roots, Talib Kwali & Mos Def (Black Star)
I LOVE De La Soul.

Kuzeh, of all the ones Fingaz mentioned, I highly recommend those above. DangerDoom is a collaboration between MF DOOM (my favorite MC and Dangermouse who produced and is one half of Gnarls Barkley. If you want to listen to any of this, hit me up and I'll hook you up.

Right on, another Hip-Hop head!! :rock

I went to RTB a few years ago, the last time Wu-Tang was there, but the day is so damn long and exhausting, I haven't been back since. Depending on who's performing, I might make it this year. I'm even trying to get Fingaz here from Denmark! :D

wumassacre-cover.jpg
:rock :rock :rock

I LOVE De La Soul.

Kuzeh, of all the ones Fingaz mentioned, I highly recommend those above. DangerDoom is a collaboration between MF DOOM (my favorite MC and Dangermouse who produced and is one half of Gnarls Barkley. If you want to listen to any of this, hit me up and I'll hook you up.

Right on, another Hip-Hop head!! :rock

I went to RTB a few years ago, the last time Wu-Tang was there, but the day is so damn long and exhausting, I haven't been back since. Depending on who's performing, I might make it this year. I'm even trying to get Fingaz here from Denmark! :D

:rock :rock :rock

Dangerdoom is dope!! They be loving that Aqua Teen Hunger Force stuff lol! :rotfl

De La Soul! one of the classic groups, "De La Soul is dead" "3 ft high and rising" and "Stakes is High" Kuzeh you should check these albums out.

Man it's dope to find hip-hop heads and toy collectors on the same forums. PM sent to ill and fingaz :rock

Yea man I remember it was 2008 when I went to RTB at shoreline amptheater and i dont think the whole wu tang clan was there. Only Ghostface, Raekwon, and Method Man but he was performing with Redman. Yer right Ill, long ass day and we got there at 10am to see MURS by himself. Dude is goofy as hell but he's hella funny too. Didnt leave till way, way, way later at night, dont even remember what time lol!

Fingaz you should come on through, that show is dope u can talk toys with ill too! Too bad I dont live in San Deigo anymore so we can hang out, but Bay Area is nice too!

Bizarre Ride II FTW!!!! :rock

bizzareride.jpg

Yea you should check out "Inner City Griots" by FF one of my fav all time albums.
FreestyleFellowship-IG.jpg

Haiku D'Etat has 2 members from FF, Aceyalone and Myka 9. More poetic in the music hence the name. Check it out if ya get a chance. Some of the newer Living Legends stuff is sometimes a mixbag but their older stuff was better. I just more listen to MURS' solo albums now and his side project (Felt) with Slug.

Yes and Wu-Tang clan. Grew up listening to "Enter the Wu-Tang" and "Liquid Swords". Classics! :chew Didnt' know they were releasing some new stuff, gonna check it out end of the month. :rock

Definitely gonna check them out.

Been a Wu fan since '94 after i blind bought 36 Chambers :rock

If i could, i would pack up my things and move over there right now :lecture

Man it's dope to find hip-hop heads and toy collectors on the same forums.

We are a rare breed :lecture :lol

Definitely gonna check them out.

Been a Wu fan since '94 after i blind bought 36 Chambers :rock

If i could, i would pack up my things and move over there right now :lecture

We are a rare breed :lecture :lol

Man 36 chambers! :duh love that album! :rock
And lemme know what you think, those are like cclassics.

Hahah you should man, come out to cali, that's where all the breezees be at. Ask Ill, he's in LA i believe :naughty Sideshow is there too.

Yes we def are a rare breed, we gots to stick together :lecture :rotfl
You should check out DJ Qbert's collection, dude got hella crap too.

Only just had the chance to give this a listen. Such a rewarding album. Grows on me each time.

SPeaking of gorillaz, does anyone here have any of the vinyl figure sets?

Back