New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be curious to see what you get with the Matty re-releases. Looks like some sort of build a figure. Not sure that's enough for me to bring them all over again though.
But there are a lot of folks out there who would not be aware of these figures until they hit retails.

I'm not livid as I have been buying Mattel stuff for a loooong time and you'd be nieve in thinking they ever would only use anything only once. I saw a 2002 Battle Cat head bing used in a recent Max Steel thing for instance.

as2fCBy.jpg

Who you gonna call?

Spoiler Spoiler:

All I need from matty is a re-releases of the ghost trap prop and proton pack to go with the neutrino wand.

I'll be curious to see what you get with the Matty re-releases. Looks like some sort of build a figure. Not sure that's enough for me to bring them all over again though.
But there are a lot of folks out there who would not be aware of these figures until they hit retails.

I'm not livid as I have been buying Mattel stuff for a loooong time and you'd be nieve in thinking they ever would only use anything only once. I saw a 2002 Battle Cat head bing used in a recent Max Steel thing for instance.

i would agree with what you said. The BAF would have to be something pretty impressive. Another Stay Puft won't do it for me. The Matty figures were never gonna sell a ton by being website only. They never advertised anywhere for them. If these new figures are retail, they should sell.

That battle cat reuse is pretty funny.

I'm tell you, from all accounts it just looks like this new movie is going to bomb , hard. even women I know are wondering why its all women now. whats next, all girl MIB? yeesh. and something else, and I'm not kidding around, but EVERYTHING these girly GB's have from the car to gadgets, doesn't it look like a major DOWNGRADE from the original movie stuff? it looks cheap, unsipired, lame boring, I mean my God look at the new ecto, it literally is a POS and makes the original look like a sweet sleek futuriostic ride and this new one looks like something you'd see in a sweded movie from that jack black movie I kid you not. and don't get me started on the ugly ass suits. UGH!

What I'm wondering about is 2 things that hopefully someone here can answer:

Firstly, that recent courtroom egon figure that comes with all the gadgets and stuff, can they fit with the scale of the new DS figures? like can a 7 inch egon hold the giga meter the 6 inch one comes with? just curious, I want to get that figure for the gadgets.

second, do you think the new movie will get mattel to finally get around to making things like a proton pack to go with there wand, or a 6 inch scale ecto 1?? That would be sweet!

also recently I broke down and paid scalper prices for that matty trap, and honestly I cannot complain...the thing is beautiful and works great. next up the PKE. you can say what you want, but when it comes to the GB's props, mattel did an incredible job. they look sound and feel like the real deal even if its just plastic.

i would agree with what you said. The BAF would have to be something pretty impressive. Another Stay Puft won't do it for me. The Matty figures were never gonna sell a ton by being website only. They never advertised anywhere for them. If these new figures are retail, they should sell.

That battle cat reuse is pretty funny.

I don't think they're BAF's. I'm guessing they're individual ghosts similar to the Real Ghosbusters toy line back then that had 1 ghost packed with each figure. I might be wrong though.

Matty still milking those sculpts huh?
As cool as the Dio is on the new figures, they are so dreadful, I cannot bring myself to buying the new line...

how are they dreadful? have you even seen them? they kick the crud out of the mattel versions. sure the sculpts could be better, but they nailed akkroyd, and the detail on the DS ones is massive. these are the figures I wanted 5 years ago.

how are they dreadful? have you even seen them? they kick the crud out of the mattel versions. sure the sculpts could be better, but they nailed akkroyd, and the detail on the DS ones is massive. these are the figures I wanted 5 years ago.

Yes I have... The sculpts are really weird, and the face paint apps are pretty bad...
The details on the gear and equipments are pretty good but the odd body proportions and that dreadful useless ab articulation kills it IMO...as well as the double knee articulation, also pretty pointless and affects the aesthetic of the figure as bad as the ab articulation

Also, the fact that attaching the wand to the pack is such a pain in the neck it's a huge fail...

Oh, I was forgetting about the proton stream failure too... It looks like some sort of piece of candy, and there's no way to attach it to the wand!

You're right about these being figures you perhaps wanted 5 years ago, but right now, they're pretty lame!
At least the Matty ones have decent body proportions, and the wand and pack work well together

Last edited:
If you don't like them you can always buy the new figures just for the diorama and use the mattel figures with it!

It doesn't even look like these are the latest version of the Matty figures with the removable packs and they don't look like they come with a stream or base. I cannot see any accessories either.
You guys aren't seeing this stuff either I assume?

There is much, much discussion around the new Ghostbusters film, and I spend the some time at the start of the new movie parlaying my thoughts on the matter. I spend more time looking at three figures of the new female characters - Erin, Abby, and Patty - and my assessment is not good. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-050416a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

There is much, much discussion around the new Ghostbusters film, and I spend the some time at the start of the new movie parlaying my thoughts on the matter. I spend more time looking at three figures of the new female characters - Erin, Abby, and Patty - and my assessment is not good. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-050416a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Yikes!! I've said this already regarding MOTUC but I think Mattel make have changed factory or they have reduced how much they spend on QC. It''b interesting to see how the rerelease of the original GB will be when compared to the first release a few years ago.

Back