New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely order these if you want them. I just went into a TRU and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked him where their Ghostbusters figures were. And this was after searching for them for 20 minutes or so.

Yes! Found these today at TRU in doral FL. These look great and love the extra goodies, I was surprised that the cords on the wands, ghost trap and legs are bendy wire and not rubber like the Mattel ones. I kinda have to be careful I don't pull to hard and snap them. Now here is some things I noticed with these that a lot of people are have a problem with.
1. The wand has a "V" shape peg that is supposed to clip on the other "v" shape that is on the pack. But it's so loose half the time even with the bendy wire its comes off. So it will need some work to get it in.
2. The streams they come with has a small peg to attach to the tip of the wand, but I see there is no hole to peg on. Now seeing the pics at the back of the box I come to a conclusion; somewhere along the the production process it looks like the hole was not made and the tip was solid. So the streams are pretty much useless.

Overall these figures are great and much zbetter than mattels, though it's too bad you can't remove the packs to its stuck there but with some work you can a temp to get it off. I also like there is a peg at both Ray and Winston belts so you can hook the trap there. Can't wait to pick up Peter and Egon when they come out and for $12.99 these are a great deal for collectors, good job DST.

The toys r us by International Mall had them? I'm stopping by today. Did they have a lot?

As tempted as I am to order these, I'm holding out for the rooftop, deluxe versions.

Also just wondering if the intial 3 figures are $149.94 and theres 12 figures to collect to finish off the diorama are we looking at 149.49 *4 to finish off the set? Just wondering because that seems quite expensive to build what is essentially a plastic diorama.

Also just wondering if the intial 3 figures are $149.94 and theres 12 figures to collect to finish off the diorama are we looking at 149.49 *4 to finish off the set? Just wondering because that seems quite expensive to build what is essentially a plastic diorama.

$149...dollars? These figures cost $12.99 each and the ones with the diorama piece will cost $24 dollars each.

From what was mentioned last time at NY Comic Con, it seems like it might be 15 figures in total including 2 Ghostbusters member repaints. Slimmed or foamed repaint.

Yeah, you can get the versions with diorama pieces for $22 each on BBTS. So for the entire 15 that makes about $330 combined. TRU versions are $13 each, so $195, plus you have to pay tax, so tack on an extra $20 or so ($215ish). That makes the diorama itself cost about $115. A little more or less if you buy from a non-BBTS retailer.

Ok I took some pics of the figure and did a comparison pics with the Mattel ones. So just like what others have said both companies has the goods and bads.

Here is what I'm referring to about the "V" shape.

Now the problem with the proton stream.
Pic of the box.

The figure.

there's the problem, no hole so the stream wont plug in.

So as you can see, there are a few cons but the pros outweigh that with the extra hands accessories and better articulation.

$149...dollars? These figures cost $12.99 each and the ones with the diorama piece will cost $24 dollars each.

It is listed on diamond selects site as $149.49 for the first set of 3 figures, not sure why though because your right on bbts they are only around $66 for the full set but damn the shipping to ireland costs $49 on bbts.

I believe on the diamond select site you get two sets, or I'm guessing a case.
That's why it's more.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Found these at TRU today. IMO they look WAY better than the Matty figures though you will want to buy in-store to compare paint apps.

I picked them up but now that I've seen the deluxe dio, I may return them and wait for the comic shop releases.

Just sharing this video for those who also collects the vintage line. A trip down memory lane. :)

Yes! Found these today at TRU in doral FL.

The toys r us by International Mall had them? I'm stopping by today. Did they have a lot?

Just had to comment that I used to live in Miami in the Westchester area off of 8th Street so reading your exchange about Doral and International Mall really took me back!

Back