New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray looks good. Winston looks off. The opposite of Mattels

Winston isn't perfect, but not terrible either. Ray's face sculpt almost looks cartoonish. But still resembles Dan Aykroyd. I wish they would have included this as a second interchangeable head LOL :

Mattel got the equipment spot on for the ghostbusters figures but the headsculpts and body proportions are way off. Pity because they are the only 1/6th scale gb figures on the market and i remember the buzz when they were first announced.

Diamond Select figures are usually a 7" scale. I think the diorama versions will be priced at $19.99 when they release next month.

I just picked up Ray and Winston this morning at TRU for $12.99 each. Amazing price for the amount of accessories and points of articulation with these figures:

Definitely a better deal at TRU, then. I was going by BBTS prices, where you buy a set of 3 for over $65.

Definitely a better deal at TRU, then. I was going by BBTS prices, where you buy a set of 3 for over $65.

The ones on BBTS are the versions with the diorama pieces to construct the rooftop scene at the end of the movie. The versions I posted above are without these pieces, and currently only available at TRU --- per Diamond Select Toys' Facebook post yesterday. I believe the versions with the rooftop diorama pieces will be available through comic and specialty stores, online retailers like BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc. I believe the prices for these are $19.99, each

The likenesses aren't quite there, but these crush the Matty figures already. I'm wondering if these releases will hit the UK or just the diorama ones. Still not sure I'm gonna go too deep with this line.

The ones on BBTS are the versions with the diorama pieces to construct the rooftop scene at the end of the movie. The versions I posted above are without these pieces, and currently only available at TRU --- per Diamond Select Toys' Facebook post yesterday. I believe the versions with the rooftop diorama pieces will be available through comic and specialty stores, online retailers like BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc. I believe the prices for these are $19.99, each
Right. I assumed both versions would cost more or less the same, despite differences in the diorama pieces. No way that Diorama is worth $120+ to me, though.

The likenesses aren't quite there, but these crush the Matty figures already. I'm wondering if these releases will hit the UK or just the diorama ones. Still not sure I'm gonna go too deep with this line.

That would be amazing, but how much more do you think they'd be? I'm guessing the same price as Black series SW 6" figs?

Ray looks good. I think Winston looked better on the Matty sculpt. This sculpt looks generic and not seeing Winston. Which is weird because I would think Ray likeness would be harder to capture.

Not sure how to get these. If they show up at Canadian TRU and I am there sure. But not sure if I have the strength to go hunting.

Jesus, 12.99?? That's crazy.

Not sure if I will sell up my Mattel versions or not. I know these are better in many ways but I do like how the Mattel ones are made and how they look.

Jesus, 12.99?? That's crazy.

Not sure if I will sell up my Mattel versions or not. I know these are better in many ways but I do like how the Mattel ones are made and how they look.

Yeah, I really like the Mattel ones and I'm keeping them, even though I'm getting these...besides, they're different scales.

Back