New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hadn't thought about me how small Nunzio is...
anyway... I'm glad we're getting some ghosts!!

CourtroomPeter.jpg

While I'm sure Ill end up getting every figure in this line, I really think Mattel needs to move away from just rehashing the 4 of them. Yes it saves them a ton of money but really, I dont need 6 Peter Venkman figures. Its just getting lazy now. I want the terror dogs, Gozer, and Vego. Things we haven't seen yet.

I didn't like the idea of variants at first but they have quickly grown on me and I want everything from this line. Its the frigging GHostbusters for the first time ever. I want every variant possible just like the minimates. Hell I'll take contruction worker GB2 versions of the guys, but I know I'm probably in the minority on that one. The variants like Slimed Peter and Marshmallow Mess Ray tho remind me of the old Fright Features buster variants from Kenner back in the day.

It hadn't thought about me how small Nunzio is...
anyway... I'm glad we're getting some ghosts!!

CourtroomPeter.jpg

Always loved the Scolari Brothers, theyre like the only ghosts they really fought in the 2nd movie since Vigo is more a diety and the Jogging Ghost wasn't really your typical bust. I hope we get the other brother with someone. And Vigo needs to come with alternate heads, and a painting with alternate backrounds to choose from, like the river of slime, or the trippy looking he's out effect.

:gah: Just got a card through the door from my beloved Royal Mail wanting £12.46 Rans......Customs fees on a $40 order,
How come 12" Winston got through with no fees and he cost $60 :gah:
And get this when you try and pay online so they can re-deliver it NEVER works so you have to go and collect it yourself :gah:

Sorry for rant but this is really starting to P#ss me off,
Collecting in the UK sucks:lecture

Kindest regards
Tys

There's reports from a few GB sites that they are showing up @ some ToysRUs stores in the East Coast...
apparently there's 2 different packaging layouts,
One with hats and slimer on the far right

IMG_7001.jpg

and one with without hats on with slimer in the middle...

Busters.jpg

I like the second one better...
so this should start popping out in the next couple of weeks.

As for why they're not on the site, maybe they are giving priority to the stores and pushing back the online one...
that sucks!!!

Usually TRU online sends you a "delayed" email. I don't remember what the originally listed release date was but I haven't gotten anything since my order emails so I'm assuming all's well. I know when I ordered Masterpiece Grimlock they sent an email when he was delayed.

Considering they are an exclusive, mass produced run (and cost 25% less than the Matty releases) I won't be surprised by a drop in quality. But honestly, they look good to me. Except for the hats, which I had no intention of using anyway.

Someone on Fwoosh who has the set commented that it seemed to be a better overall quality than the single releases. Mostly because the tones of the plastic match each other since they were produced at the same time. Hopefully I feel that way too when I find it. The spray tanned look bothers me a little but I'm hoping when I have it in hand it won't be a big deal.

Someone on Fwoosh who has the set commented that it seemed to be a better overall quality than the single releases. Mostly because the tones of the plastic match each other since they were produced at the same time. Hopefully I feel that way too when I find it. The spray tanned look bothers me a little but I'm hoping when I have it in hand it won't be a big deal.

I saw this first hand @ the 3G show, and they looked great!
No tan at all IMO

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06740.jpg

But yeah, them being from the same batch should keep the quality consistent! :yess:

I think it might just be the lighting in those pics as well. Regardless, Still gonna pick these up.

Yep, definitely the lighting...

Nope it isn't the lighting, these guys are tan and mean tanner then the new Egon whos orange ish but these new ones are like Paris Hilton/Mickey Rockwell's palms from Iron Man 2 orange. It's really bad in person and theyre all like that, Kuzeh that must be a sample you saw not from actual production.

Check over at GB fans, its all of them too, not just some packs.

I'm passing, the uniforms are no differant, you can't display them with the Matty Online ones because they look so much more orange, and they didn't even change Winston's hair, just took off his mustache.

Picked up my TRU set today. I found 3 sets and each had paint issues, so it was a matter of choosing the lesser of the paint evils. But the skin tones are not an issue at all for me. In fact I really like the way all of them look. Can't wait to get home and mess around with them for a bit.

Back