New GG LOTR Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the Shock Trooper bust. If the paint job is any indication . . .the scan may be awesome, but the paint doesn't bring out the life of it.I'm hoping that the paintjob on the prototype they have on display is what's to be expected on the final. I didn't get to see the Lucius Malfoy bust to make a comparison, but this Shock Trooper bust disappoints me paint-wise.

Radagaster said:
Shock Trooper bust disappoints me paint-wise.

GG busts have different painters and sometimes the paint really sux. I have 3 emperor busts and one of them is so bad, it even has finger prints on the paint (back of the cape)

So you must be a little lucky.

needless to say, I will sell that one 1 year later :rolleyes:

I have just seen that Gentle Giant have set their edition sizes for the following busts.
Sorry if this is old news and has been posted already.

STAR WARS
Animated Darth Vader maquette - 7000
Royal Guard statue - 3500
Darth Maul mini bust - 10,000

HARRY POTTER
Ron Weasley mini bust - 2000
Hermione Granger mini bust - 2500

I've caved! :eek: Been using the excuse of no room, but I'll hang them from the ceiling or something. But I'm ONLY getting the Fellowship. That's it. No more. No room.

And maybe the Saruman. And only if they do Faramir and Denethor. That's it. No more. No room.

....and Eowyn and Eomer. And that's definitely it!! No more!! No room!!!

:monkey2 I hate my lack of control.

i really like the likeness but why stop half way??? why bust??? why not do the whole body? anyone know if GG will be doing the whole body?

i think someone have already mentioned that they do not have the license to do that. that most probably belongs to sideshow.

unless you want them to make statues with a drawer under their legs or at the base :monkey1

I'm hesitant to get into this line full steam ahead because I'm afraid I'll become a completist. That's a bad thing with Gentle Giant because sooner or later another Blackhole Stormtrooper fiasco will happen with Lord of the Rings Busts.

Fritz said:
I'm hesitant to get into this line full steam ahead because I'm afraid I'll become a completist. That's a bad thing with Gentle Giant because sooner or later another Blackhole Stormtrooper fiasco will happen with Lord of the Rings Busts.

Come on, Gentle Giant's better than that! :rotfl

And maybe the Saruman. And only if they do Faramir and Denethor. That's it. No more. No room.

Saruman with Palantir is awesome, I hope to get.

But, I hope Gentle Giant makes busts of characters MISSING from the Sideshow Weta Line. I need a Faramir, Denethor and Eowyn!!! Aside from Saruman, I do not plan to buy all of these busts if I already have it from Sideshow Weta. I don't need no duplicates! I hope they are listening! Anyone know who to write to at Gentle Giant and Weta so they know what the customers want?

Back