New GG Logo Unveiled!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no sympathy for poeple who get pissed off at Gentle Giant and the amount of different versions of the same thing they release. It's what the people get for insisting to buy every single item whether they really want it or not. It's totally seslf inflicted.

If a company release 7 different versions of the same piece.... here's an idea... only buy the one you like

It's not difficult. If someone has the compulsion to buy everything regardless... then maybe it's themselves they should be pissed off at, not the company who's giving them... lets face it... things that they buy!!

(note: I have NO GG items... so I'm not a fan, just hate 'collectors' who moan when a company release variations)

*rant over*

I hardly get any GG items, just the troopers actually, I have issue with a bunch of trooper , now taking thes to far off places so they can end up on ebay I have an issue with.

I have no sympathy for poeple who get pissed off at Gentle Giant and the amount of different versions of the same thing they release. It's what the people get for insisting to buy every single item whether they really want it or not. It's totally seslf inflicted.

If a company release 7 different versions of the same piece.... here's an idea... only buy the one you like

It's not difficult. If someone has the compulsion to buy everything regardless... then maybe it's themselves they should be pissed off at, not the company who's giving them... lets face it... things that they buy!!

(note: I have NO GG items... so I'm not a fan, just hate 'collectors' who moan when a company release variations)

*rant over*

For the record, my hatred towards GG has nothing to do with the items they release but how they operate their business and (mis)treat their customers.

The company is also run by some pretty insufferable people as well.

I could give two flips about Gentle Giant. I only buy their items only if I find them through a dealer or another collector. I will never deal with them, personally.

Luna Lovegood, Glorfindel, Darth Malak, the Yoda/R2 maquette--those are not variants, they are completely new and unique sculpts and they are being released as exclusives not available to the general public. Some would argue that Gree, Neyo, Cody, Bly and Bacara are variants, but they are actually new and unique sculpts as well.

The Coruscant clone (another exclusive) is just a variant with grey paint; the Spirit Yoda was a variant; the black and white maquettes are variants. Those are all acceptable exclusives, in my opinion. If GG just did variants, then I don't think people would be quite as upset. But they have produced tons of unique characters as exclusives this year that most collectors will not have the opportunity to purchase, and that is what frustrates many of their potential customers.

There are not seven different Luna Lovegood busts--just one, and if you don't go to SDCC or win the (non-random) raffle, then you can't have her in your collection. I don't blame fans of the character for being irritated.

Totally agree Tom. When you do something new never done before the way GG does it that's just silly. The commanders, Luna, Glorfindel, etc are all items that would sell enough on the regular market to justify them. It really boggles the mind as to why they think doing it the way they do it is good for fans and them. In the end it will hurt them cause eventually more people than not will get tired of the same old ****. They need to take a peek at SS to see how they should go about selling exclusive convention items.

I love flipping Gentle Giant. As much as their customers *****, they sure do like to spend their money on ebay for this stuff.:lol

The diehard GG acolytes are as much to blame for the behavior of the company as the ghouls who run it, imho.

"Thank you! May I have another???"

72.gif

I wasn't familiar with GG until I stood in line at SDCC last year. Since I stood in line for so long, I got familiar with all their products being displayed. I have to admit, they do have nice statues & busts.

I thought about collecting the clone troopers -- especially since I picked up the exclusive shocktrooper last year. But hearing such negative feedback from the fans, I procrastinated starting the collection. I still have the trooper sitting in a box in my closet.

Obviously, GG really needs to re-evaluate their customer service. They're not only in jeopardy of losing current customers, they may also be losing potential customers such as myself.

I find myself in the same predicament as last year...standing in line at the GG booth to pick up exclusives I was fortunate enough to pre-order for other board members. I know I will be yearning to purchasing some of their items but knowing their re****tion, I'll just have to admire them from afar.

Should read...but knowing their re****tion...

Last edited:
I wasn't familiar with GG until I stood in line at SDCC last year. Since I stood in line for so long, I got familiar with all their products being displayed. I have to admit, they do have nice statues & busts.

I thought about collecting the clone troopers -- especially since I picked up the exclusive shocktrooper last year. But hearing such negative feedback from the fans, I procrastinated starting the collection. I still have the trooper sitting in a box in my closet.

Obviously, GG really needs to re-evaluate their customer service. They're not only in jeopardy of losing current customers, they may also be losing potential customers such as myself.

I find myself in the same predicament as last year...standing in line at the GG booth to pick up exclusives I was fortunate enough to pre-order for other board members. I know I will be yearning to purchasing some of their items but knowing their re****tion, I'll just have to admire them from afar.
They don't need you. They aren't going to change. I mean look at Irish. He hates them, but he still wants a Neyo and Bly.

Back