New Galadriel in podcast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galadriel LSB?

I'm not sure if I like it or not...It looks decent. But, nowhere near as good as Aragorn is.

I'll wait till the official pics come out....

It's not a terrible likeness, but it does look more like Clair Danes.

I don't get the real hair though :confused:

Use it for all, or none. I think it would look weird having one PF with real hair and the others with sculpted hair.

I have always thought Clair Danes and Kate Blanchett look similiar anyway. Don't bother me none. ( I don't collect LOTR PF's though, so my opinion really doesn't mean anything). :dunno

It's not a terrible likeness, but it does look more like Clair Danes.

I don't get the real hair though :confused:

Use it for all, or none. I think it would look weird having one PF with real hair and the others with sculpted hair.

If it looks more like Claire Danes than Cate Blanchett then I would have to say the likeness is way off...because it's supposed to look like Cate, not Claire.
And that multi medium hair thing just doesn't work for me at all. :confused:

I'm happy for all those who like it, but this just isn't for me. A real step backward after Aragorn IMO.

Two things:

Dusty DID NOT talk about this Premium Format statue. She mentioned the SS/W Galadriel statue as an in-stock item. My guess is that this picture was used, by whoever put together the video for the podcast, by mistake.

Also, Sideshow did not set the edition sizes for the latter pieces in the SS/W line -- Weta did. And they were overblown, and, as a consequence, some pefectly fine statues have yet to sell out.

Finally, Josh, I'd really love to know the science by which Galadriel is predicted to sell better than Arwen...

I've made this point multiple times, but judging a piece by a single pic, especially one that's not even supposed to be out there, is a mistake.

But it's always amazing to me how subjective likenesses are. A piece can look exactly like the actor and there will always be someone who says it looks nothing like them.

Ok. I just listened again.. the context was In Stock items. So Dusty was referring to the SS/W piece. But that picture is definitely not SSW.

Someone made a mistakey? :lol

Two things:

Dusty DID NOT talk about this Premium Format statue. She mentioned the SS/W Galadriel statue as an in-stock item. My guess is that this picture was used, by whoever put together the video for the podcast, by mistake.

Also, Sideshow did not set the edition sizes for the latter pieces in the SS/W line -- Weta did. And they were overblown, and, as a consequence, some pefectly fine statues have yet to sell out.

Finally, Josh, I'd really love to know the science by which Galadriel is predicted to sell better than Arwen...

Good question. Personally, my money's on Arwen by a landslide.

I think he means it in the context of what she represents in the Tolkien annals as opposed to Arwen's role which they changed and exaggerated for the trilogy. However given that many collectors of the LOTR are collecting based on the movies I can see either of them selling equally if they are done properly!!:lol

I like the statue from the photos but YOU CAN KEEP THE BARBIE HAIR!! Urgh!! :lol

I think he means it in the context of what she represents in the Tolkien annals as opposed to Arwen's role which they changed and exaggerated for the trilogy. However given that many collectors of the LOTR are collecting based on the movies I can see either of them selling equally if they are done properly!!:lol

I like the statue from the photos but YOU CAN KEEP THE BARBIE HAIR!! Urgh!! :lol

To me, the movie version of Arwen was way easier on the eyes so she'll get my vote everytime. :D

While I don't doubt the selling power of Galadriel, I'd think that with an Aragorn piece just done in PF and how well it was received an Arwen, even if the pose couldn't be considered complementary, would be a no-brainer. IMHO Galadriel from a casual film fan only would be on the bottom tier behind Arwen and Eowen.

I'm not diggin' the hair.

I do agree with the use of "real" hair, as it plays in perfectly with the whole Gimli gift, and actually doesn't look bad at all. But that poly-hair mixed in just doesn't convince me "yet". Don't like the way it looks with the real hair. Someone mentioned swimming cap and I tend to agree.

Will await further pics.

The funny thing is that Sideshow was probably preparing Galadriel as a big ToyFair release. And now, with the cat out of the bag, she'll steal the spotlight from the Eagle vs. Fell Beast, which is not what they intended!

I have a soft spot for ladies in PF -- and so Galadriel would have to be a disaster of GTW-like proportions :monkey1 for me NOT to get her.

(Oh, and as a total book purist? I love Movie!Arwen.)

I've made this point multiple times, but judging a piece by a single pic, especially one that's not even supposed to be out there, is a mistake.
But it's always amazing to me how subjective likenesses are. A piece can look exactly like the actor and there will always be someone who says it looks nothing like them.

Are multiple different prod. pic's going to change the look of the poly/barbie hair?

Not to take away from Estel's efforts, but here is a large, cleaned up version of the pic, and it looks pretty dang good to me. :love

galadriel_pf.jpg

Judging by that pic and that pic alone, it doesn't look like Cate. There is a resemblance there but not as dead on as we saw with Aragorn which is an amazingly hard likeness to get. I will of course reserve judgment until I see it actually announced which should be about 2009 or possibly 2010. :lol

Back