Statue New Frank Frazetta Death Dealer 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
supposed to be 31" i think. They did say the base dimensions might change a long time ago. I hope he fits where I wanna put him.

Someone in France received his DDI & DD3...

20160723_125258_zpskbqewwuh.jpg

20160723_125829_zpscq1ekgmx.jpg

20160723_132108_zpsoqang0c8.jpg

20160723_132043_zps41u8sxuj.jpg

20160723_132056_zpsgy4zomqc.jpg

20160723_123146_zps0bwcmxux.jpg

20160723_123358_zpseyfme6e7.jpg

20160723_123417_zpsczvgr0zu.jpg

20160723_123234_zps7xj7zmub.jpg

20160723_123246_zpsi8wbrchg.jpg

20160723_125840_zpsanptk20g.jpg

20160722_172104_zpsxcqcirye.jpg

I'm a bit gutted to see the excessive use of paint in some areas of the ringmail (under the head for example)...you can't see the rings anymore!

based on the heads in the other production pics so far, Im gonna call this head a one off. Cant wait to just get this badboy home and sort out the rest later

Looks pretty good, but that paint is awfully thick around the neck.

Whoever took those pictures has a cool house, too! Am I seeing an indoor, in-ground pool?

Doh! congrats man, hurry up its been 3 minutes already! :panic:

Hold your horses!! LOL

Okay, here goes (and sorry for the crappy phone pics as I went)

This is the NYCC Exclusive. It is EX #183/190

It ships in 3 boxes. Not surprisingly, one is the base, one is the horse and both heads, the last is the Dealer and his various bits.

Double boxed

GAAAHHH! It's that horrid white styrene/foam and no art box.

Base fills that box, it's huge!

Really huge! (no peg holes for the horse)

Horsie!!! (That flippin' foam is everywhere!)

Look at that peg hole. Children could get lost in there!!
The horse just stands on the base. It's a great fit and very stable though. The tail is a separate piece and fits in snuggly.

The art-print in the DD box. It's slick looking on nice paper, but it's not signed anywhere.

The Dealer!!

He fits beautifully.

Sword

The stirrups slip over his feet and then the foot attaches underneath quite well with magnets.

More items to wield carnage with

Lookit that peg!!!

All together now. Go team Frazetta!!

Is he big? Oh yeah, he's big.

Date night

With a little friend (6" DCUC Flash)

Overall?

The negative -
That blasted foam. It's the worst possible kind and won't age well. It was crumbling when I touched it and it sticks to everything!!!
The bottom of the base is boring. Simply black with the edition number hastily written on with silver paint. But who's looking at that.
No artbox....at all!!!

Other thoughts -
The sword is a bit odd. From Frazetta's painting it's hard to tell how he's wearing it. Therefore it's hard to pose on the statue as the cloak gets in the way. I'm happy with how I got it posed in the end. Be careful draping the real metal chain as it might scratch the paint.
Base is hollow, horse is hollow, Dealer is solid.

The positive -
What can I say, this thing is gargantuan. Pics really don't do it justice. It's so epic and imposing.
The detail in the chainmail and other armour, the skin texture on the horse, viscera on the axe....just amazing.
Ehren has nailed it.
The paint is flawless on mine. I can't see any slop or colours bleeding on to other colours.
Highlights are great too.

One more thing....there was some discussion a few pages back about additional shipping. Mine did not incur any and also slipped through customs without any additional taxes! Hooray!

In terms of a 1/4 scale statue, this is an astonishing achievement. Well done ARH. :clap

thanks for the awesome pics and your thoughts. It is much appreciated.

My AD has not heard anything yet...hopefully he ships soon!

awesome! That is one epic statue- Sonia looks so small! ES is larger than I thought, odd that I guess they didnt get Frazetta Jr to sign the print

It's suppose to have a signed NYCC COA from them...also I thought only a 100 was suppose to be made.

Congrats on a killer looking statue.

Hold your horses!! LOL

Okay, here goes (and sorry for the crappy phone pics as I went)

This is the NYCC Exclusive. It is EX #183/190

It ships in 3 boxes. Not surprisingly, one is the base, one is the horse and both heads, the last is the Dealer and his various bits.

Is he big? Oh yeah, he's big.

Date night

Overall?

The negative -
That blasted foam. It's the worst possible kind and won't age well. It was crumbling when I touched it and it sticks to everything!!!
The bottom of the base is boring. Simply black with the edition number hastily written on with silver paint. But who's looking at that.
No artbox....at all!!!

Other thoughts -
The sword is a bit odd. From Frazetta's painting it's hard to tell how he's wearing it. Therefore it's hard to pose on the statue as the cloak gets in the way. I'm happy with how I got it posed in the end. Be careful draping the real metal chain as it might scratch the paint.
Base is hollow, horse is hollow, Dealer is solid.

The positive -
What can I say, this thing is gargantuan. Pics really don't do it justice. It's so epic and imposing.
The detail in the chainmail and other armour, the skin texture on the horse, viscera on the axe....just amazing.
Ehren has nailed it.
The paint is flawless on mine. I can't see any slop or colours bleeding on to other colours.
Highlights are great too.

One more thing....there was some discussion a few pages back about additional shipping. Mine did not incur any and also slipped through customs without any additional taxes! Hooray!

In terms of a 1/4 scale statue, this is an astonishing achievement. Well done ARH. :clap

Wow - great photos - DD is just amazing... and date night made me smile and laugh - thanks for that! Those two should definitely hook it up.

I just spoke to customer service and was told the Death Dealer should arrive at their warehouse in the next two to three weeks. They need to do something about those NYCC COA's that were supposed to be signed by the artist. It's bad enough they didn't come through with signature on the print and the better packaging that was promised.

I just spoke to customer service and was told the Death Dealer should arrive at their warehouse in the next two to three weeks. They need to do something about those NYCC COA's that were supposed to be signed by the artist. It's bad enough they didn't come through with signature on the print and the better packaging that was promised.

TBH I don't really care about the son's signature. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but it isn't his painting that I'm buying a statue of. If it was Frank Frazetta's signature then yeah that would be a different ballgame, but otherwise eh.

Wow - great photos - DD is just amazing... and date night made me smile and laugh - thanks for that! Those two should definitely hook it up.

Heh heh! I figure she's only had Conan for company for some time, it was time she got out there.

Like dao2 said, I don't really care about junior's sig, but when something is promised as a part of the deal.....well, y'know.
There's also no indication that this is the NYCC edition. Just a simple "EX 183/190" written on the bottom. If there is some kind of c.o.a, I can't find it. Perhaps it's between the inner and outer boxes? If it is, it's hard to get to as those boxes are jammed in there tight.

TBH I don't really care about the son's signature. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but it isn't his painting that I'm buying a statue of. If it was Frank Frazetta's signature then yeah that would be a different ballgame, but otherwise eh.

I don't care about the son's signature either, but I thought we were supposed to get a NYCC COA signed by Ehren and Arahom. I thought I might get Troy's sig with my Atlantis statue. :(

Back