Statue New Frank Frazetta Death Dealer 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NYCC Ex comes with the Print.
Originally I thought that was the only Difference between the Regular and the NYCC Ex, that you get that Print?
Now there is a Ex Base and a Switch-out Head?
I didn't even know about those but it certainly is Phenomenal news to hear that!

EX Base?? I never heard of that. I was told the two portraits would comprise the EX.

I'm not positive, but I could have sworn that Alex said the NYCC will be the EX version, which I think is a switchout head- one with metal style horns the other bone or wood. The other impression I got was the EX is what you get ordering direct on the website, while the regular may be made available through another distributor like Diamond for sale through comic shops and other retailers.

I think all this is being hashed out now so nothing is set in stone yet. It sounds like everyone who ordered the NYCC edition is going to get the most complete version anyway. I was on the cusp of ordering it, but the footprint on it is just a few inches too big for me.

This is exactly what I was told by ARH at the convention.

The NYCC extra is the signed print and it's own ES.

The NYCC Ex comes with the Print.
Originally I thought that was the only Difference between the Regular and the NYCC Ex, that you get that Print?
Now there is a Ex Base and a Switch-out Head?
I didn't even know about those but it certainly is Phenomenal news to hear that!

I love the job they've done with these so far, and the pricing so far has been well considered to make this seem as value orientated a product as any collectible statue out there.
But I have to sigh a little and take a time out when Alex talks about the Con edition being a limited version of the statue itself. The only difference between the pieces we will get and the pieces that someone who orders in June will get is the text and numbering that is printed on the bottom of the base. That's it. It's nothing that anyone is actually going to see when the thing is displayed, and when you put the Con edition next to the regularly available pieces, they will be indistinguishable.
The poster and COA or whatever else is coming with it are separate, and certainly fine, premiums. But there's just no demonstrable difference in the actual statue being displayed.

And I suppose there's absolutely nothing to stop them from offering Con exclusives for every convention they attended. But I suppose sales would start to trail off when people realized that even though there are only 50 (or whatever) that say NYCC Edition on the base, there's still 60 more that say Wizard Con Edition, and 75 more that say SDCC Edition, etc.

OTOH, I think it's a great marketing strategy if they use each new con appearance to offer a special pre-order for whatever NEW statue(s) is being displayed at that con. I don't see any problem with that whatsoever...but what would be even better is if those early pre-orders came with some monetary incentive, like free shipping or $50-$100 lower than the eventual website price. I think something like that would be a win-win for everyone.

I think if they start making various Con Exclusives, as long as it's just a print and even their own Numbered Run. I'd be ok with missing out on those.
It's just if they start adding switch-out parts or very significant paint variations then that I would Have to go bonkers trying to get ahold of Every Con Ex Piece!

Edition sizes....variant pieces.....limited prints......who cares???! I'm getting a 1/4 scale freakin' Death Dealer on his badass horse!!! :yess:

who cares you ask - a lot of people on this board care. Myself included. High end expensive collectibles are not the same when they have unlimited editions.

You have to realize the NYCC edition and any other edition afterwards will be exactly the same. Only difference is the label underneath the base. So not much of rare collectible at the end when I think total will be 500+

You have to realize the NYCC edition and any other edition afterwards will be exactly the same. Only difference is the label underneath the base. So not much of rare collectible at the end when I think total will be 500+

Yup...but this is too good to pass up.

The more I see this thing, the harder its getting saying no to it :banghead ...those vids of it are killer

how many EX's left and anybody guessing U.S. shipping estimates?

Shipping was like 70 I think? Not sure if the preorder shipping price is accurate though. The normal EX hasn't gone up for sale yet. The NYCC edition was only during NYCC, and the edition was set to whoever bought in that period.

Back