Statue New Frank Frazetta Death Dealer 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like the answer to this as well wander. Quite a few have posted ordered but I lost count.

No biggie not getting the con edition. I believe it was a spur of the moment idea to get some funds in quickly to help with production costs, so you will have some time to get the Web EX. The amount of capitol to get the proto and then production is astounding.

If the sales on this line go well for ARH hopefully they grow enough that they can implement a more consumer friendly payment plan like a deposit and lower longer payment plan. I certainly did my part this weekend. :slap I had no intention of getting those pieces and look what happened. :cuckoo:

We are implementing new options in our new website due to go up in 4-6 months. We are also going to be producing 1:6 dioramas with a lot of detail ;)
I realize this is a big chunk of money for most, we will have the DD and Barb up for a while and production will be split. I plan to show the Barbarian in March in Srattle Emerald Comicon. It may even be at the NY toy show in Jan.
I'm sure time will solve the issues of payment plans, but 6 months is max I like to do for ARH.

Wait are you saying you are making smaller scale version of the 1/4 scale pieces or just the larger Frazetta dios in smaller scale (Indomitable). I ask only because I would prefer some of these in smaller scale due to space (Huntress).

Wait are you saying you are making smaller scale version of the 1/4 scale pieces or just the larger Frazetta dios in smaller scale (Indomitable). I ask only because I would prefer some of these in smaller scale due to space (Huntress).

I asked them this question at NYCC. They said they will not do the same statue in different scales. It will be different statues. A lot of the bigger statues/dios will be done in 1/6 scale just due to the sheer size.

How much do you think Jim would want as payment to paint. ..lets say 50 1/4 Death Dealer statues?

I don't think you would be paying the same price for this statue painted by him.

Well, if it's in bulk, then I am sure ARH will get discount. Maybe give people the option to pay extra (+$150) for professional painting or something like that. Incentive like this will attract more people to buy their products...it's better than low ES, an extra reprinted head, or print. How many times have people bought a statue and wish it was painted better?? For example, look at SS' Red Sonja (Not knocking SS down)...the skin color is like the color of the zombie's skin in the Walking Dead. I'll have to pay another 300 dollars just to repaint her to perfection, which is not worth it. If the paint job is a lot better, then it will be master-piece! Most of the time, it's the paint job that ruins the statue....not the other way around. So if given that option/incentive (With limited ES), I am sure people will support that. These are master pieces...and it should deserve better than average paint job. I have stated my case and it will be up to ARH whether or not they listen.

Plus: I bought the DD NYCC Exclusive to see if it's worth it. I would like to buy directly (Fully support them)...but if I don't think it's worth buying directly, then I'll buy from my LCS (Which saves me some money...same goes to other companies). Like, Huntress...if the EX is just a print and low ES, then off to my LCS I go.

Don't get me wrong , we would all love a professionally painted statue but there is a reason why we don't get that, because it would be considerably more expensive. I'm not so sure any company would get that kind of discount from a renown painter the likes of Jim Rowell RM, especially in bulk. Professional painters are very expensive. I've had 1/6 pieces painted up that cost much more then that when it was a renown painter.

Let me know who you get to paint up your entire Sonja for $300 so maybe I can get such a good deal.

The price is between the painter and I, so I don't want to give name. I don't think he's a professional painter, but he is a damn good painter. Anyway, so if professional painter is out of the question (Because of cost), then a decent painter is fine too. Anything is better than the painters in China.

BTW, is ARH planning to release DD as kit?

Most of the Companies use's Painters in Asia. Including XM.
It's not that they can't paint it right, it's how much you are paying them & how many they are painting and how much time you want them to Focus on Each One statue.
Usually these guys have to blow through them like a factory line. They HAVE to have a certain Number Done Each Day and the companies usually only spend a small amount of their budget on painting.
I get stuff Custom Painted all the time and the current price's I pay for the Top guys are now up to $475.00 for 1/6 and $650.00 for 1/4.
If I had to get this Custom painted and with him on a Giant Horse. It would probably be upwards of around a Grand.

PCS is thinking about giving the option for good quality paint job for an additional amount. Yes, it will only be a few people that can afford it...but it will be something special or unique. Plus, most flippers won't bother with that service. Well, I have made my suggestion and I am sure the industry will eventually head in that direction. You could either be a leader or follower.

Don't get me wrong , we would all love a professionally painted statue but there is a reason why we don't get that, because it would be considerably more expensive. I'm not so sure any company would get that kind of discount from a renown painter the likes of Jim Rowell RM especially in bulk. Professional painters are very expensive. I've had 1/6 pieces painted up that cost much more then that when it was a renown painter.

Let me know who you get to paint up your entire Sonja for $300 so maybe I can get such a good deal.
I am thinking no pro painter would individually paint 50 statues because of the fear people would ***** and complain
A bunch of painters in china screwing up a statue is one thing to complain about but complaining about a blotched PRO paint job may be very bad for the career of the painter
:)

IMG_0521.jpg

DeathDealer.jpg

DD1.jpg

I am thinking no pro painter would individually paint 50 statues because of the fear people would ***** and complain
A bunch of painters in china screwing up a statue is one thing to complain about but complaining about a blotched PRO paint job may be very bad for the career of the painter
:)

They are called Professional Printer for a reason. It's like saying a professional NBA player doesn't want to play because he's afraid of causing a foul. It's no excuse.

Biggest difference I see is the amount of thickness and heft in the upper body of the DD. I really can't find fault with the Bowen piece.

On the Bowen the helmet is off. Also the angle of the head is turned to much that he is almost looking forward.
Otherwise a pretty nice piece.

I just wanted to drop in and mention Jim Rowell's incredible work. Obviously nothing in this world is perfect there is AWALYS room for improvement. The sculpt and the paint. But get this - Jim not only painted this model but he BUILT it from my raw castings as well. Judging by the time frame I shipped him the castings, to the time it shipped out for comic con, He couldn't have had more than 6 days to do the entire thing. I was honestly terrified thinking about how the entire thing could be ruined if it were rushed. But when I saw the final pics my mind was freaking blown. I mean he pulled this thing whole together in super human fashion. I don't know why some of the pics make the horse look reddish but it isn't. I assume its just the crappy lighting inside the Javitz center. Anyway, I can't say enough about Jim's work. Personally speaking, if I were dropping the coin on this piece, I would want Jim to paint my copy. Especially considering the fact that he could actually make it BETTER if he had more time. I mean... holy crap.

The price is between the painter and I, so I don't want to give name. I don't think he's a professional painter, but he is a damn good painter. Anyway, so if professional painter is out of the question (Because of cost), then a decent painter is fine too. Anything is better than the painters in China.

BTW, is ARH planning to release DD as kit?

No kits of any sorts are planned by ARH Studios.
We trust our main factory, quality of Conan "sacrifice" is superb and they painted our Rattle and regular Medusa just like the Proto.

I just wanted to drop in and mention Jim Rowell's incredible work. Obviously nothing in this world is perfect there is AWALYS room for improvement. The sculpt and the paint. But get this - Jim not only painted this model but he BUILT it from my raw castings as well. Judging by the time frame I shipped him the castings, to the time it shipped out for comic con, He couldn't have had more than 6 days to do the entire thing. I was honestly terrified thinking about how the entire thing could be ruined if it were rushed. But when I saw the final pics my mind was freaking blown. I mean he pulled this thing whole together in super human fashion. I don't know why some of the pics make the horse look reddish but it isn't. I assume its just the crappy lighting inside the Javitz center. Anyway, I can't say enough about Jim's work. Personally speaking, if I were dropping the coin on this piece, I would want Jim to paint my copy. Especially considering the fact that he could actually make it BETTER if he had more time. I mean... holy crap.

I know right!
This is why we have him onboard.
And dont forget Arahom, he had a hand in everything we do
It was a real pleasure to talk to you in NY. I am sure everyone now trusts you to do the best Barbarian ever

Back